Nintendo FY3/2025 Q1 : Switch - Hardware : 2.1M units (143.42M units LTD) / Software : 30.64M

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Plus apparently Nintendo made more-than-expected profits the previous quarter anyway. They were always going to be down YoY without a TOTK, Zelda OLED or Super Mario Bros. movie driving them.

In spite of that they managed to beat their own net profit projections, which is quite impressive.

@Evilnemesis8 Nintendo are probably planning for a price drop in the Fall around Black Friday time, maybe earlier. They could always also do some type of variant model too (is a LEGO Switch technically feasible?).
There's been somethig like thirty special Switches with different joycon colors/decals. It happens multiple times a year.

Edit: I'm right, there a golden Zelda-themed Switch Lite coming this fall.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Source : ZhugeEx

GUAaTNdX0AAA5ke

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
FY2024 (last year)
  • Q1 : 3.91M
  • Q2 : 2.93M
  • Q3 : 6.90M
  • Q4 : 1.96M
T : 15.70M

FY2025 (actual)
  • Q1 : 2.10M
  • Q2 : 2.50M ? (1.90M more realistic)
  • Q3 : 7.00M ? (6.00M)
  • Q4 : 1.90M ? (1.50M)
T : 13.50M ? (11.50M probably)
Q1 had a 46.29% drop YoY. These titles don't seem to have potential to be supersellers like mainline Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, AC, MK, etc. It's fair to assume sales will drop even once Switch 2 gets announced, and way more when released.

They may be having the extra costs of Switch 2 R&D, early production and launch games under development, so I assume they may want to maximize profitability, so won't apply price cuts to their console or games to pump their revenue. They already have a lot of cash from previous years, so I assume will just wait for the Switch 2 release.

I think they won't have a 46.29% drop for the entire year, but I think they won't be close to the 15M at all. I can see them dropping their full FY2025 forecast to 10M/11M or something like that in the next quarter.

Last edited:

Star Fox

Banned
4 Aug 2024
Actually, if NSW continue to see drops in sales at same pace as last 3 months, it won't surpass PS2. Also, worth noting, software sales are quite lower than expected
Nintendo Switch still sells far better than PlayStation, for example in Japan, because PlayStation, like Xbox, is a dead console in Japan

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nintendo Switch still sells far better than PlayStation, for example in Japan, because PlayStation, like Xbox, is a dead console in Japan
Good. Get in as many posts as you can before you're banned. Helps with your cope but it won't change the fact that xbox is dead. Again, which one of the twitter users called out in the other thread are you? Colt? Definitely can see him creating a cope account.

Man, I love making fun of fanboys like you. Just makes my day seeing you seethe like this. Imagine taking the time to make a fake email, make a fake account here just to vent your frustrations over xbox being dead.