Nintendo is Japan's richest video game company. Sony not on list due to debt. Also Nintendo stocks Sink after game makers say Switch 2 Pushed to 2025

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
They cant be richer than Sony. Pretty sure PS still has more revenue and profits than Nintendo
They're not richer than the entirety of Sony. But their products cost MUCH less to produce, be it hardware or software and it gets them more money compared to what they put into it. Hell, Nintendo will sell a 5 year old game for full price. Not to mention much smaller production values on their AAA games compared to other companies.

They just have an army of diahard fans that would jump off bridges if Nintendo asked them to, plus a lot of software aimed at kids.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
And yet...

bDgkKek.jpeg

There's a more updated version in this very forum somewhere, and the story is the same: Nintendo is more profitable than Playstation, and it's not a small margin.

Interesting. I didnt know that.

Not sure how long that will last for Nintendo though. They have no more Wii, Wii U ports to make money off. So everything will be developed for Switch 2. They made a killing off games that had already made there money back on the Wii U like Mario Kart and Pikmin 3.

And will they finally start making games that cost more than PS3/360 Wii U era games. Probably not lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They just have an army of diahard fans that would jump off bridges if Nintendo asked them to, plus a lot of software aimed at kids.

I agree with you but that part Im not sure about. They have alot of commercial fans when things are looking good, that buy handhelds.
The die hard fans left them to rot with the Wii U, Gamecube and N64.

Considering only 2 of there home consoles have sold more than 65 million, one of them being a hybrid handheld (switch) and the other releasing at £180 (Wii).

PS has never sold a console less than 80million, only one of there consoles selling less than 100million ( the PS3 ). The only device to sell less than 80million was the Vita. They have alot more die hard hardcore fans. Nintendo just had alot more commercial fans with handhelds

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They're not richer than the entirety of Sony. But their products cost MUCH less to produce, be it hardware or software and it gets them more money compared to what they put into it. Hell, Nintendo will sell a 5 year old game for full price. Not to mention much smaller production values on their AAA games compared to other companies.

💪

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Japan's two biggest companies were not listed due to them producing cars and electronics.

Therefore all inventory and work in progress and debt... Which is necessary for them to operate is counted against them in this specific calculation of "wealth".

Meanwhile Sony has more cash than Nintendo and is worth almost twice as much.

It's an absolute nonsense article and shouldn't be posted as something legitimate

Reactions: Evilms

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I would like to see this list because I find it hard to believe Nintendo makes more money or has more cash on hand then Toyota or Honda. People often forget those are Japanese brands and took over the North America sedan market 3 decades ago.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I would like to see this list because I find it hard to believe Nintendo makes more money or has more cash on hand then Toyota or Honda. People often forget those are Japanese brands and took over the North America sedan market 3 decades ago.

This is based solely on "cash on hand" valuation. It definitely is not the company worth most.

• they're_right_you_know