Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser says it has a ‘great relationship’ with Microsoft, after it emerged Xbox wanted to buy the company

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Look up Doug Bowser’s middle name…. coincidence? 😳👀 I think not
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

They’ve since gone in and edited the interview to remove him talking about using the Nintendo account to reduce the “dip” from one generation to another. Nintendo probably made him take it down.

This is the original quote:

That isn't even remotely confirming BC. Though I think it makes sense to have it, of course. It merely confirms that their joint venture with DeNA to make a New Nintendo account system was to help with the next gen transition, something pretty much everyone already knows.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Either he's pretending to be nice for PR reasons or MS and Nintendo have basically teamed up against a common enemy in PlayStation.
The response reads like a humble brag to me. "Yeah, Microsoft has a great relationship with us, they put their games on our system and use them in our crossover title."

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have a good relationship with the pirates when it comes to Nintendo…

Nintendo thinks it cant be effected by Xbox and wants to be friends but they are dumb. They lost my money after they signed the activision thing with Xbox“ to fuck up PS.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Nintendo is using Microsoft. They benefit from getting access to old IP's in some ways while never given Xbox anything in return.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nintendo is using Microsoft. They benefit from getting access to old IP's in some ways while never given Xbox anything in return.

Access to the console with the largest share on the market and the japanese/asian audience they can't get to with Xbox?

In terms of IP sharing, you are right but I don't think MS cares about that.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

halo-ds.large.jpg

I’m sure Microsoft want their catalog on Nintendo’s handhelds in some form.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Access to the console with the largest share on the market and the japanese/asian audience they can't get to with Xbox?

In terms of IP sharing, you are right but I don't think MS cares about that.
No one has ever, to my knowledge, actually said no to having a competitor's games put on their system.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Nintendo of America can say all they want about Xbox. Japan has the final say on anything they want to do.