Nintendo [OT]: News, hype and rumors

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Well, that didn't last long. Switch OLED is sweet and I do like Nintendo's direction as it fits in perfectly with what they're great at but it's not for me. Just can't get into it. Watching walkthroughs on YouTube, I want to play the games but when im playing them, the interest just isn't there. No biggie. Will be trading it all in next Friday when I go pick up Dead Space.
You brought a game system and are trading it in two weeks later? Maybe try to make better financial decisions in the future.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, that didn't last long. Switch OLED is sweet and I do like Nintendo's direction as it fits in perfectly with what they're great at but it's not for me. Just can't get into it. Watching walkthroughs on YouTube, I want to play the games but when im playing them, the interest just isn't there. No biggie. Will be trading it all in next Friday when I go pick up Dead Space.

Hmmm I'm in a predicament now.... do I get my kid a new Switch or wait for the possible Switch 2 / new model that is now strongly rumored.

I don't like being in these swituations, even if it is a first world problem.

P

peter42O

You brought a game system and are trading it in two weeks later? Maybe try to make better financial decisions in the future.

No big deal. It was mostly "points/credit" so it had to be used at some point. Plus, I'll be getting back almost all of it so minimal loss. No biggie.

Hmmm I'm in a predicament now.... do I get my kid a new Switch or wait for the possible Switch 2 / new model that is now strongly rumored.

You could wait but the OLED is still worth it in my opinion. I played 8 stages in Captain Toad and the first two worlds in SM3DW all in handheld mode and im not a handheld guy but the screen is so crisp and clear even when compared to my LG CX OLED, that I kept playing that way. Plus, since I wasn't going to get the Pro controller until Feb 7th-10th and was enjoying playing in handheld mode, I cancelled the controller and decided to keep playing in handheld mode.

I still recommend the Switch OLED. I don't regret buying it. It's all on me. I'm not a Nintendo guy. I got hyped from watching some gameplay walkthroughs to where I wanted to play a few games but just doesn't hold my attention for long. If you already own a Switch which I think you do and like/enjoy it, then yeah, it's definitely me. lol

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022

Switch 2 won't be out for at least another year. If you can wait, I would wait. If not, you could try to get a used one in the meantime.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Switch 2 won't be out for at least another year. If you can wait, I would wait. If not, you could try to get a used one in the meantime.

He has two already.... a lite and an OG. But they are in rough condition now...

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You could always trade them in and put the credit towards a new one.

I wish.... but doubt they would accept them. They are pretty beat up now...

The OG model wasn't his fault, the plastic just fell apart over time. But the lite went everywhere with him and got dropped and well worn over time.

It's all good though, he got good use from them.

Reactions: peter42O