Nintendo releases 10 Nintendo games on its 7th year of the Switch while PlayStation can barely release 1-2 singleplayer games per year

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

Pretty amazing how Nintendo continues to release games at a consistent output every year especially now that Switch is in its 7th & final years of support.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/playstation-confirms-first-party-game-135755099.html

While PS is lucky to get 1-2 PS first party games & it looks more grim if it’s solely singleplayer. It doesn’t help that PS is focusing on PC & possibly Nintendo more in the future releasing more ports on PC then releasing exclusive games for its console.

Astro Bot (singleplayer) available on PS
Concord (gaas) available on PC day 1
Helldivers 2 (gaas) available on PC day 1
Lego Horizon (singleplayer) available on PC & Nintendo day 1

Last edited:

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
You're missing some stuff.

They've remastered/native version of Until Dawn and TLOU part 2.

They have also published Rise of the Ronin which is a full AAA single player title.

Stellar Blade which is a full AAA single player title.

They have had the Game of the Year Final Fantasy VII Rebirth completely exclusive to the console.

They have had Pacific Rim & GranBlue Fantasy Relink console exclusive.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

Pretty amazing how Nintendo continues to release games at a consistent output every year especially now that Switch is in its 7th & final years of support.

While PS is lucky to get 1-2 PS first party games & it looks more grim if it’s solely singleplayer. It doesn’t help that PS is focusing on PC & possibly Nintendo more in the future releasing more ports on PC then releasing exclusive games for its console.

Nintendo releases mostly piles of absolute garbage they spend very little money to develop, will only sell a fraction of n of the overall switch the install basis, will have no impact on gaming culture and 99.99% of the gaming market wont even know those games ever existed. Most of those games aren't even developed in house they are made by barely double a studio who churns them out like a factory. Ps doesn't make garbage like that for children ps makes real quality games, real art.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
See, this is where fans mess up. When you boost a company for releasing b-tier software like they’re dropping gems.

These games may be great, I’m sure they are, but I own that goddamn Peach game and it’s a whole lot of “fine”.

That account specifically is what I like to call a “hype account” which just jerks off everything and rarely has a critical opinion. It’s to farm for likes.

Entropi

Veteran
22 Jan 2023
Are people ignoring all the games released as console exclusives on PS5 this year?

Also, I bet PS could release 10 PS3-quality games for PS5, but their customers would absolutely destroy them for doing so.

Edit: Oh, it’s one of those engagement farm accounts. Nevermind.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Are people ignoring all the games released as console exclusives on PS5 this year?

Also, I bet PS could release 10 PS3-quality games for PS5, but their customers would absolutely destroy them for doing so.

Edit: Oh, it’s one of those engagement farm accounts. Nevermind.
Idk I’m looking at the next 5-10 years. Sony isn’t gonna get future Final Fantasy exclusivity just like PS lost Yakuza & Persona exclusivity.

To your second rebuttal that sounds like a PS problem. They should’ve never closed Japan Studio we would’ve likely gotten a Gravity Rush 3 & possibly a new Ape Escape, Wild Arms, Potopon or new ip. No one ask PS to ditch Sly, Jak & Daxter, Socom, Ape Escape, inFAMOUS etc. it’s remarkable Sony hasn’t invested in there studios to be multi team like Insomniac to crank multiple games per gen.

The only thing saving PS5 is Xbox shitting the bed w bad leadership & poor quality, riding the PS4 & the Hoyoverse exclusivity deal. But even then those 3rd party deal could end with Nintendo Switch 2 having more power & Nintendo selling more console then PS aswell as being more popular in Asia.

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
He’s a Nintendo fanboy.
I’m not a Nintendo fanboy. Ig deflect conversation that paint your favorite plastic box in a bad light? Genuinely curious how PS hasn’t double down on their own PS console platform. While there competitors double down even Nintendo has double down by partnering w Bandai & creating 2 studios to solely work on Nintendo games bringing more exclusive games to the Nintendo platform

Reactions: toadsage44

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

So you're just going to ignore all the PS5 console exclusives released this year? TLOU Remastered, Rebirth, Helldivers 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Concord, Astro Bot, Silent Hill 2, Lego Horizon, Phantom Blade Zero. That's 10 games right there and we still have China Joy and TGS coming up, might be more exclusives coming this year. Exclusives is what matters, doesn't matter if they are 1st party or not. People have let the haters trick them into thinking their PS5 has no games because only 1st party single player games count because well the xbots at Reset era said so. They set the entire discourse and PlayStation fans let them, its disgusting. If xbox had this exclusive line up xbots would be screaming from the rooftops and I can assure you there would be no "only 1st party counts" discourse concerning their exclusives either.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
22 Jan 2023
Idk I’m looking at the next 5-10 years. Sony isn’t gonna get future Final Fantasy exclusivity just like PS lost Yakuza & Persona exclusivity.

To your second rebuttal that sounds like a PS problem. They should’ve never closed Japan Studio we would’ve likely gotten a Gravity Rush 3 & possibly a new Ape Escape, Wild Arms, Potopon or new ip. No one ask PS to ditch Sly, Jak & Daxter, Socom, Ape Escape, inFAMOUS etc. it’s remarkable Sony hasn’t invested in there studios to be multi team like Insomniac to crank multiple games per gen.

The only thing saving PS5 is Xbox shitting the bed w bad leadership & poor quality, riding the PS4 & the Hoyoverse exclusivity deal. But even then those 3rd party deal could end with Nintendo Switch 2 having more power & Nintendo selling more console then PS aswell as being more popular in Asia.

PS5 is doing great and nothing is “saving” it from the outside. Its success depends on the availability of games, exclusives and not-exclusives, and so far there has been a healthy amount of both.

Why are you arguing that the only games worth playing are first party console exclusives? Oh right! That's what the online herd want to shove on everyone’s throats. Won’t work on me or anyone thar actually PLAYS games.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
One game is being released on Nintendo and now this is yet more ammunition that Sony doesn't care for its own platform. I realize you said "possibly" but it's amazing that you're using it this way in the first place.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Ico

8 May 2024
sony, announce at least 3 big singleplayer games next showcase and end this already

Kratos-and-my-life-is-yours-meme-8savc2.jpg

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
None of those have or will even come close to Rebirth or Astrobot. Or, for that matter, The Last of Us Part 2, because Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Vs DK, NES championships and Paper Mario TTYD apparently count as new releases.

Also: Princess Lemon being used in a good games collage lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and Evilms

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Another thread where we count 3rd party externally developed games for Nintendo but not for Sony.

Because if you did you’d notice they have released (published) around the same amount of games this year

If we’re counting 2nd party games and remasters/ports like Nintendo then the list looks like this for sony

• Last of Us Part 2 Remastered
  • Helldivers 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Horizon Forbidden West PC
  • MLB The Show 24
  • Ghost of Tsushima PC
  • Rise of The Ronin
  • Destiny 2 The Final Shape
  • Concord
  • God of War Ragnarok PC
  • Astro Bot
  • Until Dawn Remake
  • Lego Horizon Adventure
Nintendo’s biggest new games this year (mario luigi brotherhood, Princess Peach Showtime, and Zelda Echoes of Wisom) are all through partner studios. Nintendo’s big 10M plus sellers are all being saved for next year, just like Sony (and sony already released a 15m seller this year)

Last edited:
26 Nov 2023
As someone with both a PS5 and Switch I’m just celebrating both systems having fun lineups. Stellar Blade is already one of my top games this year and still have Ronin installed. There’s Astrobot on the the horizon too and sure, we can discard FF7 if you want but it’s still an exclusive as of now and that shizz is close to game of the generation for me. On the Nintendo side, new Mario and Luigi, Detective Club, new Zelda…like brah, we eating good. I know the purpose of this thread is to prop up Nintendo to criticize Sony but I’m quite happy with both systems right now 🤷‍♂️

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
LMAO, HD re releases. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, huh? Including some 3rd party crap. My man, just get a PC.

Another doom thread using selective data.