"No secret meaning" behind Bloodborne in Astro Bot 'We had a cameo quota to fill', says creative director

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
maria-bloodborne-astro.png

After the reveal of Astro Bot on PlayStation 5 at the recent State of Play, Astro's Playroom received an update adding iconic Bloodborne boss Lady Maria and an associated trophy. That's on top of Bloodborne costumes as a pre-order bonus for the new game.

Of course, this led to speculation from Bloodborne fans that something was afoot. Alas, it appears that's not the case.

"There's no secret meaning,"

Team Asobi studio head and creative director Nicolas Doucet told Eurogamer.

"It's just a celebration of the whole PlayStation history."

"Instead of the hardware we put our attention towards the characters,"

he said.

"And that's why we push these cameos. Before they were quite primitive, but now they feel much richer looking. It's over 150 [cameos], so it's going to go really deep and everybody should have their favourite ones."

Source

• thinking_hard
Reactions: 2spooky5me

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Look how lowly Bloodborne fans think of the IP that they’re suspicious of its inclusion in an Astro Bot game.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I hate how all these frauds pretended to care about Bloodborne, but didn't f**king buy it!
And with how lame PS is with porting games to PC, that just gives fanboys more reason to not buy it (if/when it drops on PC) and just straight up pirate it. And Xbots sure as h*ll don't care, unless PS loses another exclusive.

Like I said... the VG industry needs to go back to a bit of Gate-keeping.