Nobody is playing Halo Infinite

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This is the live service future that Sony is chasing. Sadly they won't take the warnings
Exactly, Sony's biggest strength (production value) does not seem to translate well to GaaS.

Halo Infinite, Avengers, Anthem, The Division, Evolve, Outriders, Fallout 76, Battlefield 2042, Star Wars: Battlefront 2... Seems like most of these AAA GaaS completely flop and get beat by old PC games, random indie games, cheap mobile games, etc.

Relaxedsun

27 May 2023
Why take care of your most important ip when you can just buy the other companies?
out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I still play it but the challenges make it a chore to play. It's obvious this game is breathing with aid of apparatus and 343 is trying to squeeze the money out of Halo whales as much as possible. Most people still playing are idiots who poured hundreds of dollars on armor effects and skins.

It still has the best monetization implementation of a Battle Pass in the industry which should be the norm to be fair.

In all fairness, Microsoft should just pull the plug.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why take care of your most important ip when you can just buy the other companies?

If you have unlimited money or so much it doesn't matter, it's actually just easier to buy publishers with games already half way done or close to the finish line than make games yourself...

You can spend a few billion and get 5-7 games nearly done and be good for a few years.

It's short-termism at its finest if you can't manage the assets in the longterm though.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022

Nope. Anthem sold 5 million copies. Halo sold zero

Halo Infinite is the biggest industry flop of all time. Gargantuan budget. More than half a decade of wasted development.

Fallout 76 is a more succesful game than Halo Infinite and that’s not even a joke.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
He is joking obviously.
How could I tell if this is a comment on twitter for this post:
"Imagine looking only at Steamcharts ignoring that the game is on Game Pass and the vast majority of the Halo community is on Xbox."

Dude takes his time to defend a game he doesn't even know is F2P on Steam.

If you are a Halo fan why would defend you the embarrassment that is Halo Infinite?

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The “majority” of the community is on Xbox but with Xbox being smaller than steam don’t expect the actual amount of players to be greater.

When your flagship title never does better than #20 on XBL that’s a problem and embarassing when even at launch it couldn’t outperform destiny trolling Halo with Bungie adding the Halo CE magnum and BR to the game.

It’s a bigger problem when you realize Xbox is the smallest playerbase in the industry.

Even bigger problem when it’s also made the least amount of money in the franchise’s history. Thanks gamepass

Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76 are at the floor of online service games that are still alive. And Halo does worse while even having less barriers for entry.

PS - Master Chief Collection is doing better than Infinite on steam. And you actually have to spend money on that…. Go figure. People don’t want hack cover band halo.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The vast majority of the community is on Xbox.

But when your flagship title never does better than #20 on XBL that’s a problem.

It’s a bigger problem when you realize Xbox is the smallest playerbase in the industry.

Even bigger problem when it’s also made the least amount of money in the franchise’s history. Thanks gamepass

Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76 are at the floor of online service games that are still alive. And Halo does worse.
Halo is F2P while Sea of Thieves for example isn't.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Halo is F2P while Sea of Thieves for example isn't.

Halo Infinite’s campaign is not f2p. It’s a full retail priced release that was featured on gamepass.

Separating PvP from the campaign actually represents an increase in price of the campaign.

So on top of it… players got ripped off.

I don’t know why I respond. I already recognize this dude has no idea wtf he’s saying 🤣

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Halo Infinite’s campaign is not f2p. It’s a full retail priced release that was featured on gamepass.

Separating PvP from the campaign actually represents an increase in price of the campaign.

So on top of it… players got ripped off.

I don’t know why I respond. I already recognize this dude has no idea wtf he’s saying 🤣
Nobody is playing Halo Campaign over and over. Come on now, get a grip.