Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1721921139924.png

Concord’s beta hasn’t been a huge success for Firewalk Studios. It fell flat on its face on Steam, the number-one storefront and launcher platform on PC, drawing in just a few thousand players. Now that the dust has settled following the end of the beta phase, we can confirm that nobody wants to wishlist the game, indicating that the beta didn’t hit the spot with gamers anywhere.

At the time of writing, Concord sits at #793 on the Steam Wishlist Leaderboard – and it’s being released in just under one month.

DOA?

To put that into perspective, here are the wishlist numbers for some other upcoming titles:

• STALKER 2: 217,854 (#4)
  • Arena Breakout: Infinite: 119,076 (#13)
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2: 61,630 (#24)
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard: 42,524 (#55)
  • State of Decay 3: 14,441 (#153)

Last edited:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GTWB9OJaoAAa83g

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Nobody?...not one person preordered it. The pains of shit reporting. Hyperbolic shite reporting. It reads like shit AI.

Weird seeing the joy of wanting a game to fail. It's pathetic. That's not me looking for comments from the two on this board currently hate wanking to it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Well if Sony learns something from this then it would be a good albeit expensive lesson-

1. Don't buy studios before they launch games (Especially stay away from games from studios that Herman thinks are good)
2. Don't ever employ the character design team as well as the senior leadership from firewalk across their studios ever again.
3. Bring something unique or use a well known IP if you just want a clone
4. This should be a last resort but moneyhat GaaS games if your own studios can't make competent ones

They wanted the PC money so now they have to be prepared for being clowned on when the games have low CCU's on Steam, greed has consequences.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Surely everyone was so impressed that it went directly in the shopping cart skipping the wishlist.
Opinions were generally positive from those who actually played the beta. It had faults but the point of a beta is to see problems in gameplay and try to fix them. The biggest naysayers were those who refused to play it on principle for fear they might be turned gay or something equally stupid. Turns out the idiots are a larger crowd than expected. The game isn't for me as I don't like PvP but I could see the gameplay was enjoyable even for me.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Nobody?...not one person preordered it. The pains of shit reporting. Hyperbolic shite reporting. It reads like shit AI.

Weird seeing the joy of wanting a game to fail. It's pathetic. That's not me looking for comments from the two on this board currently hate wanking to it.

The State of Play reacts where pretty clear: People want more stuff like Astro Bot and less of stuff like Concord

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The State of Play reacts where pretty clear: People want more stuff like Astro Bot and less of stuff like Concord
The negativity was around what the characters looked like and not about gameplay. There were complaints about gameplay but nothing that claimed the game was a trainwreck. There is a difference when people weren't honest enough to play it and see if it was shite.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja and Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The way they debuted the game was bad but the state of Play reactions stemmed from the fact the characters and DEI garbage which really does not even matter when playing the game.

During the betas people weren't even allowed to discuss the game in peace because of others who refused to play the game but had the most to say constantly.

I don't get into PvP games that much anymore but this game clicked with me and I have nothing bad to say outside of some stuff they need to tweak for launch.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Well I know a couple people who have preordered on PSN.
PS only game it is lol. I didnt have any issues match making with no cross platform on

Reactions: Danja

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It's not joy, it's frustration. This money could have been spent on an excellent SP game. Or having this team work on Faction. Stuff that people actually want. Not a brand new IP with questionable design choices everyone at the very first trailer said was bad.
Jim Ryan confirmed that the SP dev money wasn't affected and it was additional money to Playstation to make the GaaS. If the GaaS games weren't made, the money would be in Sony HQ's bank account. If that's the reason people are unhappy, they must be foolish now.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well I know a couple people who have preordered on PSN.
PS only game it is lol. I didnt have any issues match making with no cross platform on
Yeah I have a video I saved from the beta where I met a guy cause we were the only ones using mics, so we partied up, then shortly after we got matched with 3 others who were using mics...

At the start of the match there's a whole discussion about them not even knowing about the game until that same day and how it's so much better than Overwatch 2 to them. They were even joking, they're gonna switch to Concord for the simple fact they have a dodge mechanic lol. All 4 guys said they were gonna buy it.

I do think Sony could have handled the fallout better and marketing should have been better, but it's clear the people who actually gave the game a fair chance mostly ended up loving it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The studio is ignoring all criticism and don't seem to care that it will be a bomb 🤷‍♂️
What should they do? Create a slew of new whiter straight only characters to appease you? 🤔

What exactly is wrong with the game? It's already more polished than most games out there lol.