Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The studio is ignoring all criticism and don't seem to care that it will be a bomb 🤷‍♂️
What can they do at this point?

They cant delay it to make changes. Ultimately it needs a SP/Coop campaign so alot of the PS fanbase can buy into it. And then carry on the story through PVP and PVE like planned. And its too late for character changes I believe.

This is also a reason Publishers need to show there games from way out like normal.
Independent testing must not have had many complaints or certain people at the studio are stubborn and stupid enough to not change them. Ive worked with similar studios so normally they take the criticism to heart and make changes as much as they can.
They got the gameplay and gunplay down for me

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nobody?...not one person preordered it. The pains of shit reporting. Hyperbolic shite reporting. It reads like shit AI.

Weird seeing the joy of wanting a game to fail. It's pathetic. That's not me looking for comments from the two on this board currently hate wanking to it.
This was the same dialog around Suicide Squad. Nothing wrong with pointing out mediocrity or games tht arent really wanted by gamers or just ppl giving opinions. Companies need to know what gamers want so thy don't keep churning out stuff we don't want.

With tht said some on here said it was fun so ill take the word of forum bros before i do others. I will give it a shot. Based off feedback on here im mad i didnt try the beta!

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
What can they do at this point?

They cant delay it to make changes. Ultimately it needs a SP/Coop campaign so alot of the PS fanbase can buy into it. And then carry on the story through PVP and PVE like planned. And its too late for character changes I believe.

This is also a reason Publishers need to show there games from way out like normal.
Independent testing must not have had many complaints or certain people at the studio are stubborn and stupid enough to not change them. Ive worked with similar studios so normally they take the criticism to heart and make changes as much as they can.
They got the gameplay and gunplay down for me
And that's where they messed up by debuting the game with such a long cinematic trailer. You set the game up instantly because nobody is gonna care about these characters if there's really no story for them to play.

Also since they waited till close to launch to debut the game. The best course of action was to simply give the game its own deep dive state of Play and then announce the PS+ beta starting that same weekend and then an open beta shortly after.

Get the games into hands immediately instead of allowing the hate train to steam roll everything.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What should they do? Create a slew of new whiter straight only characters to appease you? 🤔

What exactly is wrong with the game? It's already more polished than most games out there lol.

Probably like some are saying, more attractive characters. It doesnt bother me much. But some seem to have a must for it. Not every game needs to be Stellar Blade for me.
Probably change up some for sure though. For example, Id change something about

Star Childs - look and head. Something is just missing and off
Lark - ( my guy ) needs some more work to be more than just a groot rip off
Emari - Close that helmet cover lol. Maybe something like the Stray NPC’s screen faces, to show facial expressions
Danvers - Make her hot lol
IT-Z - Better clothes and face needed.
Lennox - Change of Colour would be fine.
Teo - His body seem off. Maybe a bit taller upper body
Bazz - Change the glasses for sure
Daw - Lol just change it

Roka, Vale, Jabali, Kyps, Duchess are all fine. People probably wouldnt complain about the others if there was some attractive characters.
Neymar too.

Its very polished and smooth for me too.

I think SP Campaign/Coop would of brought in the fans. Thats something Sony needs to take on board.
Plus change of some character designs and the game would of been a sure seller because the gameplay is great.

Id love a campaign ala Timeplitters 2 style. Singple player and coop story. Then the games story could progress through the PVP and weekly stuff

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They cant delay it to make changes.
Many games are delayed, so they would have delayed this one if considered it made sense. If they didn't delay it's because:
  • They are fine with the game as it is and don't think it needs a delay
  • They think the game needs some important improvement somewhere but think that can be released after launch, and that delaying it would have no positive effect
  • They think the game needs some important improvement somewhere but maybe too big to be fixed in the period of a normal delay
What should they do? Create a slew of new whiter straight only characters to appease you? 🤔

What exactly is wrong with the game? It's already more polished than most games out there lol.
In genres like hero shooter games it's very important to have characters that are appealing to the player.

So it's pretty dumb to make basically the entire roster designed to -on purpose- don't be appealing to the biggest demographic group of the genre, but instead for another groups who are a very small minority of the people who plays these games.

So yes, to include three hetero friendly white badass chads and three hot chicks would help. Many PS/Sony fans are SP only players, so to have a proper SP campaign would help too.

I mean, imagine that you remove from Street Fighter characters like Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Guile, Chun-Li, Cammy and similar. The only somewhat similar here is Teo, who would be let's say the Ryu of the game. But in this case gay and without charisma.

Many people complains about it being an Overwatch (in a few cases also mentioning other games)/Guardians of the Galaxy ripoff, so something to make it more unique would in gameplay and artstyle would help too.

Other than that, I'm not a FPS/MP shooter guy but I'd say the game seems to be very solid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Probably like some are saying, more attractive characters. It doesnt bother me much. But some seem to have a must for it. Not every game needs to be Stellar Blade for me.
Probably change up some for sure though. For example, Id change something about

Star Childs - look and head. Something is just missing and off
Lark - ( my guy ) needs some more work to be more than just a groot rip off
Emari - Close that helmet cover lol. Maybe something like the Stray NPC’s screen faces, to show facial expressions
Danvers - Make her hot lol
IT-Z - Better clothes and face needed.
Lennox - Change of Colour would be fine.
Teo - His body seem off. Maybe a bit taller upper body
Bazz - Change the glasses for sure
Daw - Lol just change it

Roka, Vale, Jabali, Kyps, Duchess are all fine. People probably wouldnt complain about the others if there was some attractive characters.
Neymar too.

Its very polished and smooth for me too.
Emari - for sure needs an overhaul along with DaVeers, I dunno why she's buried in that space suite when she's kinda serving face card 🤣.

Lennox I am fine with since they have the potential to just switch his colors with future variants.

IT-Z great character but she's so typical and they could have been more creative with her look and not gone full surfer chick with her voice.

Teo (The King 😎) - suppose to be the meat head jock, I think he's fine, his design doesn't pop off though. His eyes are cool but the blue light in his eyes is so mooted. They should have just made him half robot.

But we can only hope they learn and be more creative with future characters and hopefully they introduce some villains characters too.

• brain

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don’t see that as a bad thing.
The Beta already showed that PC crowd is more incapable of support a game by themselves.

Unless Concord’s devs choose to enable Crossplay to all PS5 users (that will be bad to PS5 users) then it is better not even care about PC at all.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Even with cool and flashy character designs i think this game would have struggled but man, its like they found some furry antifa lunatics notebook in Xis/Xers cat littered, dirty diaper collection, college dorm room and decided those would be the characters for their new AAA MP game.

Just do a killzone MP game and be done with it.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Good luck getting a response 🤣
Good gameplay was not enough to get people on board. The free beta had such poor numbers.
The game and studio are getting bashed endlessly.
So the issues must be something else?

There is a live service graveyard with many flops laid to rest in it. The industry is brutal.

Blizzard doesn't want Concord to pose any threat to their game.

Gamers are unforgiving and have no time to play so many mp games.

I hope Concord succeeds without any changes. But if it doesn't, I don't want to see any potential layoffs.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Many games are delayed, so they would have delayed this one if considered it made sense. If they didn't delay it's because:
  • They are fine with the game as it is and don't think it needs a delay
  • They think the game needs some important improvement somewhere but think that can be released after launch, and that delaying it would have no positive effect
  • They think the game needs some important improvement somewhere but maybe too big to be fixed in the period of a normal delay

In genres like hero shooter games it's very important to have characters that are appealing to the player.

So it's pretty dumb to make the entire roster designed to -on purpose- don't be appealing to the biggest demographic group of the genre.

So yes, to include several hetero friendly white badass guys and hot chicks would help. Many PS/Sony fans are SP only players, so to have a proper SP campaign would help too.

Many people complains about it being an Overwatch (in a few cases also mentioning other games)/Guardians of the Galaxy ripoff, so something to make it more unique would help too.
I mean theres not much time to add a campaign.
Characters maybe but its coming out next month.

And yes they probably dont want to change alot too.

I agree on the points.

I think the Campaign would of made it different to other hero shooters, the quality is there. It also would of got SP fans potential to try the PVP and get into it. Maybe some more unique PVP modes, but we havent tried them all yet.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Good gameplay was not enough to get people on board. The free beta had such poor numbers.
So the issues must be something else?

There is a live service graveyard with many flops laid to rest in it. The industry is brutal.

Blizzard doesn't want Concord to pose any threat to their game.

Gamers are unforgiving and have no time to play so many mp games.

I hope Concord succeeds without any changes. But if it doesn't, I don't want to see any potential layoffs.
The game was getting bashed the minute it got announced before y'all had steam numbers, so what now?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I mean theres not much time to add a campaign.
Characters maybe but its coming out next month.

And yes they probably dont want to change alot too.

I agree on the points.

I think the Campaign would of made it different to other hero shooters, the quality is there. It also would of got SP fans potential to try the PVP and get into it. Maybe some more unique PVP modes, but we havent tried them all yet.
Yes. I think they don't want to include any of the three points, and in case they'd want to include them they only would have time to include the characters in case they'd have them already implemented because they had planned them to be included just a few months after launch.

Which I assume won't be the case and the upcoming characters will continue not being designed to appeal white / male / heterosexual players.

To be fair, most of the people doing it was already doing it before seeing the first video of the game.

Full steam ahead for PlayStation, it seems..

The video is nice, the narrative tone seems more appealing to me than the cinematics of the game. Same goes with the artstyle, which feels more unique for FPS/ GaaS shooters.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Well if Sony learns something from this then it would be a good albeit expensive lesson-

1. Don't buy studios before they launch games (Especially stay away from games from studios that Herman thinks are good)
2. Don't ever employ the character design team as well as the senior leadership from firewalk across their studios ever again.
3. Bring something unique or use a well known IP if you just want a clone
4. This should be a last resort but moneyhat GaaS games if your own studios can't make competent ones

They wanted the PC money so now they have to be prepared for being clowned on when the games have low CCU's on Steam, greed has consequences.
Buying a studio before they haven’t released a game isn’t a bad idea. You can get them very cheap it is a gamble but looking at Concord it just isn’t it. There’s no way Herman/Jim saw Concord & said yeah these mid character design whose personality resembles the D team Marvel guardian galaxy is a bad idea. Concord doesn’t resemble the Marvel avengers but the Marvel Guardians a sector in Marvel that has its own niche compared to the main heroes.

Honestly if they took Concord gameplay & change the heroes design to be more like Hoyoverse style anime waifus & keep the hero marvel type ability I think that would’ve been cool. A waifu overwatch hero shooter would’ve done much better.

Agree with the last part. Sony wants to fuck around & find out like Xbox releasing there games on PC well when this game bombs on PC it will get clowned by everyone including PS gamers & make the PS brand look weak.

Not sure why PS wants to expand into live service with new ip. The best way to expand to live service is translating your singleplayer fanbase to live service with establish ip. Give me a GOW/Demon souls/Bloodborne Diablo like competitor give me a inFAMOUS 3v3/5v5 parkour style hero shooter or a inFAMOUS capture the flag parkour style multiplayer or get one of these gatcha Korean mobile developer & make a inFAMOUS anime waifu open world like Genshin Impact give me SOCOM, Killzone, GT open world that competes with NFS & Forza Horizon give me a Ratchet & Clank PVZ garden warfare style multiplayer 25v25 & players play as there favorite Ratchet & Clank characters w a fun sandbox give me PS All Stars 2 give me The Boys fighting game that competes w MK give me a Demon Slayer gatcha style game similar to Genshin Impact. Mighty keef said instead of Concord being PS overwatch clone how bout a 3rd person shooter using Sony ip something like Fragpunk/Friends vs Friends & you use regular guns but have a card system to unlock character base weapon for a short time.