Non gaming do I need any of these house appliances (help me waste money or not). Am I missing out on important QOL

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I live in a small city, Poland, 47m square flat, 3rd floor (penthouse baby lol). that's just for context.
No factory or countryside nearby. highway a bit down the road. Nothing suepr dusty I guess.
No pets. No kids.
For main house appliances I have.... Basic usual LG washing machine, dishwasher machine and Roomba robot. The older i7 model without any cleaning base or anything. Happy with all of those. I clean the water inlet filters, it's fine.
Lol I always tell my wife I am a perfect husband since I vacuum(roomba) and I clean dishes(dishwasher) lol... she does the clothes stuff with washing machine.

Random order of things that are on my mind from time to time but I don't get for one reason or another.
1)Bissel spotclean pro - it's a wet vac. I could clean my secretlab, my ikea couch or small table rug or entrance floor mat... maybe car foot mats?
2)Handheld vacuum - faster to clean on furniture and on couch. Maybe car foot mats? Roomba does all the stuff daily and I have a normal corded european vacuum cleaner for couch and pc cleaning and stuff. I did just got my first ever new car and it has fabric carpets. I always had rubber mats. So i guess I need to clean them somehow?
3)Air Purifier - I would hope it could reduce dust build up. Roomba already helped a bit but maybe it could help more + remove other particles and smells. I never had air purifier. We don't have any ac either. It's not popular in poland. we just use a normal 20$ fan in the summer and it's fine I guess.
4)Water detectors to alarm me and push message about water leakage. Ikea now sells this! Sounds like a great idea to help me calm down about potential water leakage. (ok that's cheap af. I will probably just get that).
5)Upgrade roomba to a new mopping model with self emptying bin. I never trusted in mopping robot vacuums. And emptying the bin every day or two manually is not a problem for me too. Maybe I am missing something crucial.

Now, I want you to advise me realistically.... do these things just end up in the corner of a closet after a month never to be used again?
Would you say any of these are required stuff that changed your life?
For me, dishwasher machine and especially irobot changed my life for better. I was skeptical bur robot vacuum is the best purchase I've ever done for home cleaning. I don't do NOTHIN in the house. I never vacuum anymore unless I clean my pc or couch. NEVAH. I get home, I empty the roomba, empty the dishwasher and go ruin my spine on secretlab.
This gets me thinking, amd I missing out on other crucial life upgrades?

The flat is small and I am quite minimalist in a way I don't really like keeping things I don't use. That's for example why I always end up selling my vr headsets.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I live in a small city, Poland, 47m square flat, 3rd floor (penthouse baby lol). that's just for context.
No factory or countryside nearby. highway a bit down the road. Nothing suepr dusty I guess.
No pets. No kids.
For main house appliances I have.... Basic usual LG washing machine, dishwasher machine and Roomba robot. The older i7 model without any cleaning base or anything. Happy with all of those. I clean the water inlet filters, it's fine.
Lol I always tell my wife I am a perfect husband since I vacuum(roomba) and I clean dishes(dishwasher) lol... she does the clothes stuff with washing machine.

Random order of things that are on my mind from time to time but I don't get for one reason or another.
1)Bissel spotclean pro - it's a wet vac. I could clean my secretlab, my ikea couch or small table rug or entrance floor mat... maybe car foot mats?
2)Handheld vacuum - faster to clean on furniture and on couch. Maybe car foot mats? Roomba does all the stuff daily and I have a normal corded european vacuum cleaner for couch and pc cleaning and stuff. I did just got my first ever new car and it has fabric carpets. I always had rubber mats. So i guess I need to clean them somehow?
3)Air Purifier - I would hope it could reduce dust build up. Roomba already helped a bit but maybe it could help more + remove other particles and smells. I never had air purifier. We don't have any ac either. It's not popular in poland. we just use a normal 20$ fan in the summer and it's fine I guess.
4)Water detectors to alarm me and push message about water leakage. Ikea now sells this! Sounds like a great idea to help me calm down about potential water leakage. (ok that's cheap af. I will probably just get that).
5)Upgrade roomba to a new mopping model with self emptying bin. I never trusted in mopping robot vacuums. And emptying the bin every day or two manually is not a problem for me too. Maybe I am missing something crucial.

Now, I want you to advise me realistically.... do these things just end up in the corner of a closet after a month never to be used again?
Would you say any of these are required stuff that changed your life?
For me, dishwasher machine and especially irobot changed my life for better. I was skeptical bur robot vacuum is the best purchase I've ever done for home cleaning. I don't do NOTHIN in the house. I never vacuum anymore unless I clean my pc or couch. NEVAH. I get home, I empty the roomba, empty the dishwasher and go ruin my spine on secretlab.
This gets me thinking, amd I missing out on other crucial life upgrades?

The flat is small and I am quite minimalist in a way I don't really like keeping things I don't use. That's for example why I always end up selling my vr headsets.
If you have severe allergies, then a purifier is probably essential.
Water detectors, do you have a history of being flooded with leaks?
Robotic vacuum cleaners, WHAT KIND OF privileged life are you living out there in Poland ffs.

You need to stop being the perfect Husband and start laying down the law, tell you wife it's her job to do all the cleaning, vacuuming ETC FFS( probably not a good idea to say that if you want to live)

• haha
Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
If you have severe allergies, then a purifier is probably essential.
Water detectors, do you have a history of being flooded with leaks?
Robotic vacuum cleaners, WHAT KIND OF privileged life are you living out there in Poland ffs.

You need to stop being the perfect Husband and start laying down the law, tell you wife it's her job to do all the cleaning, vacuuming ETC FFS( probably not a good idea to say that if you want to live)
I don't have allergies but my nose is constantly and forever destroyed. A bit stuffy and bleedy in one notril. That's the AC at work I guess. But maybe something in my home too.
I've not had any flooding so far but my friends did. huge flooding with water pipe bursting in the middle of the night and buddy sleeping over it lol.
If I had a loud detector that also pushes a message through the app, I could react faster. But if I am at work, it will take 30 minutes or more before I get home so it's pointless I guess. I did had a pipe break once in my bathroom wall.... and sip slowly. but I noticed the issue and replaced the broken part. I think the faucet cold and hot hoses should be replaced every 3-5 years?

Air purifier is tempting but it's not that dusty in here I think. And these dysons air purifiers are more expensive than PlayStation portal so wtf.

Poland is all into automation. Robotic vacuums, robotic wives... :cool:

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw