Now that 2022 is half over what is your game of the Year so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Only 6 more month left in the year and we have a jammed pack October it seems when it comes to releases but what is your Game of the Year 2022 as of today!
Horizon: Forbidden West has it locked down for me but I never played elden ring. The only other 2022 games I've played are Gran Turismo 7, WWE 2K22, and MLB The Show 22.
Also my most anticipated release of 2022 is God of War Ragnarök but I'm a little worried saying that since it doesn't have a concrete release date!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I finished Elden Ring and I'm still playing Horizon Forbidden West so it's between those two. I don't like pitting them against each other again but nothing else comes close 😥

Elden Ring got really repetitive by the end (lots of copy paste) but the beginning was absolutely magical and I understand why the casuals thought it was the best thing ever. I'm replaying Demons Souls Remake on PS+ and Elden Ring looks so outdated now. The sound is so cheap too.

Horizon is the best showcase game for the PS5. It's like playing a game from the future. I really want to take my time and explore everything so it's taking me way longer than it should. Everytime I play something else and then I come back to Horizon I can't believe it's real 😲

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
Biggest contender are H:FW and Elden Ring for now. Got the platinum in both, enjoyed both, and if I had to choose, I would give GOTY to FW for being technically superior.

But GOTY2022 will be Ragnarok.

Reactions: RE4-Station
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Biggest contender are H:FW and Elden Ring for now. Got the platinum in both, enjoyed both, and if I had to choose, I would give GOTY to FW for being technically superior.

But GOTY2022 will be Ragnarok.
If that god of war comes out this year, its game over, Kratos is this generations Goku

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
GT7 so far
I played a good amount of that on PS5 and the dual sense feature on it were amazing. I would play more of that game if I didn't have to devote so much time playing RE4!
I finished Elden Ring and I'm still playing Horizon Forbidden West so it's between those two. I don't like pitting them against each other again but nothing else comes close 😥

Elden Ring got really repetitive by the end (lots of copy paste) but the beginning was absolutely magical and I understand why the casuals thought it was the best thing ever. I'm replaying Demons Souls Remake on PS+ and Elden Ring looks so outdated now. The sound is so cheap too.

Horizon is the best showcase game for the PS5. It's like playing a game from the future. I really want to take my time and explore everything so it's taking me way longer than it should. Everytime I play something else and then I come back to Horizon I can't believe it's real 😲
Despite being Cross gen it is not only mind blowing on how well Horizon pushes graphics on PS5 but how the PS4 can produce such insane visuals this far into it's time on the market!

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
How many times can you replay that same game? There's a remake coming out soon anyway 🧐

What version are you playing?
I have a Youtube Channel that focuses on a lot of things but I recently spent the past few months recording footage for some Resident Evil 4 Glitch Videos I uploaded yesterday:
so that's why I replay the game so much! I can't wait for the remake next year!

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 140

Horizon FW for me! Incredibly beautiful game, with an amazing world and a great cast of characters. There was so much to explore and many well designed characters to meet.

A lot of love for my Queen Aloy! 👸🏻

Last edited by a moderator:

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Horizon Forbidden West.

- The gameplay was fantastic (so many improvements),
- The graphical fidelity is unmatched,
- The world feels so real and lived-in with the unique tribes and cultures, and
- Just the overall scope of the game and the ambition is truly amazing.

Most of all, however, was the superb production quality. Is there literally any other game right in 2022 that offers the same production quality and budget? None.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Horizon Forbidden West.

- The gameplay was fantastic (so many improvements),
- The graphical fidelity is unmatched,
- The world feels so real and lived-in with the unique tribes and cultures, and
- Just the overall scope of the game and the ambition is truly amazing.

Most of all, however, was the superb production quality. Is there literally any other game right in 2022 that offers the same production quality and budget? None.

I agree with this whole post. Bar some issues when the game was released (pop-in, mostly, and draw distance), it's an amazing game. And the scores it got on metacritic, compared to Elden Ring, are some of the most unfair ever.

This is a 90+ game easy.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Elden Ring so far.. Not a perfect game and definitely not FS best game either imho. That belongs to Bloodborne.

I haven't played either of the Horizon games though.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Elden Ring, despite my criticisms of it, is still my GOTY. It gave me that sense of exploration until I got close to the end and a decent challenge in places.

It was also just so massive that I kinda got lost in it while I was playing, totally immersed

GT7 is awesome too but I didn't like the online only stuff.

I am currently playing through Horizon FW but got sidetracked on Destiny and Shadow Warrior 3...... so final judgement isn't ready yet.

GOW is my most anticipated, would be cool if it made this year.

Also looking forward to MW2. (Don't shoot me)

Reactions: Katajx and Muddasar
Status
Not open for further replies.