Now that the first two months of 2024 are just about finished, What are your crazy predictions for the rest of the year?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Now that we have seen what the first two months of 2024 has had, What are your crazy predictions for the rest of the year
So far this year we had:
Death Stranding 2 is a 2025 game
Stellar Blade is out in late April
Until Dawn is getting a remake
Shadow x Sonic Generations is coming out later this year
Silent Hill The Short message is released
Helldivers 2 is breaking all kinds of PlayStation record on PC
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is the second highest score final fantasy ever
Sony missed their FY targets with PS5 so instead of hoping to sell 25 million they are now hoping for 21 million PS5 sales
Xbox revealed that 4 games are coming out on PS5 and Switch
Xbox revealed future hardware is on the way
Epic Mickey Remake is happening
Starwars Battlefront 1 and 2r remastered are coming out next month
reports of the Switch 2 releasing in early 2025 instead of Holiday 2024 recently have come out
Suicide Squad came out to little fanfare and and as expected did not review to well
A brand new Super Monkey ball game is happening this year
A brand new Endless ocean game is coming out after 14 years
Confusion about weather or not PlayStation has any big hitters this FY (April 2024 to next March) from the recent Investor's meeting
PSVR 2 is looking to have PC compatibility happening soon
Sony lays off 900 people, scraps Twisted metal game and closes London Studio, Also Nintendo sues Yuzu and announces a 2025 Pokemon game on the same day

So now all that has been covered what crazy things do you just have a feeling are happening this year? Here are mine!
1. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes remastered is shadow dropped via tweet with a physical edition coming out 2 weeks later
2. Metroid Prime 4 that same day gets a YouTube Video update with trailer and is releasing November 15th 2024 The 20th Anniversary of Metroid Prime 2
3. While VGC is usually the correct about most things I have seen them report I think the Switch to is still releasing this Holiday but with only 2 Nintendo first party games and the big one is the next Mario Kart game. The other Nintendo game will be Luigi's Mansion 4 (all other launch games are third party stuff like RE4 Remake Gold Edition, the next Call of Duty, Madden, NFS Unbound, Dead Space Remake, and other ports.)
4. Nintendo will have free next gen patches at Switch 2's launch for TLOZ BOTW and TOTK. Also Metroid prime 4 will be cross gen
5. Ghost of Tsushima 2 is revealed and released this year
6. naughty dogs new IP is revealed this year
7. Silent Hill 2 Remake releases to surprisingly good reception and is overall a big success
8. Metal Gear Solid Delta releases to moderate fan reception but does pretty good sales wise, however Metal gear Solid 2 Collection Vol. 2 is announced and released this year and has the following games:
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Sold: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
and all the Metal gear Solid PSP games
9. Sony Bends new game is revealed and comes out this year
10. Blue Point announces two games, one is a remake of ICO and comes out this year and the other is a brand new IP with no release date
11. Halo the Master Chief Collection is releases on PS5 and Switch 2 this Holiday for the 20 year anniversary of halo 2
12. GTA VI isn't brought up again until this December with a new trailer and it is revealed to be a 2026 game
13. San Andreas VR is this October
14. PS5 Pro launches along side Metal Gear Solid Delta, Ghost of Tsushima 2, and Halo The Master Chief Collection

I can see other things like MLB The Show 24 getting a PC port a few months after the console version and Maybe a Half Life 1 and 2 Collection happening on modern consoles as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
  1. No Rest For The Wicked will do very extremely strong numbers, both in reviews and sales - It will be the sleeper hit of 2024
  2. Surprise announcement of Bloodborne Remaster with an early Q4 release + Blodborne 2 Tease
  3. GTA VI PS5 Pro bundle will be annnounced late Q4, months after PS5 Pros launch, announcement will coincide with the 1st GTA VI story trailer
  4. Indiana Jones will launch concurrently on Xbox and PS5, the majority of sales will be on PS5

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
  • PSVR2 games ported to PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima ported to PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2 announced
  • PS5 Pro announced at $599.99
  • PS5 Slim price drop announced at $399.99
  • No news about the replacement for the Switch
  • Gears 6 teased for 2025
  • Concord is a shadow drop
  • Hideo/Xbox cancel OD
  • PG revisits Scalebound
  • GT7 ramps up more track releases this fall
  • Fable release date announced
  • Hellblade 2 delayed to fall
  • Forza Horizon 6 in Japan announced
  • Xbox drops all of the Call of Duty games on Game Pass AND increases Game Pass pricing again

Reactions: Box and RE4-Station

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Here you go:

2025 leaks are true, no Switch 2 for me or you.
Nintendo's rest of the year is just more ports. Fire Emblem Genealogy of whatever, WW HD, probably not Prime 2 though. Would be nice to get Prime 4, but I doubt it- that will be a dual release.
Oh yeah, and the Peach game gets a 7 on Metacritic (bad, in Nintendo terms) and turns out to be from Good-Feel.
New account system unvieled in the summer.
Switch 2 announced for March in November, Mario is the lead game, Prime 4 gets a dual release, Mario Kart coming soon after, physical bc confirmed. Looks like a slightly bigger Switch 1.

Sony: They weren't lieing when they said no first party big sequels this year.
The Pro does come out though.
Wolverine gets a new trailer.
Sucker Punch and Asobi announce their new projects. Bend doesn't.
Bungie metrics get so low that Sony gains control of the board, but do not actively change things.
Both announced GaaS games get, at least, announced release dates. (Fairgames and whatever the Space one was, not Marathon.)

Xbox: Actually they have a bunch of stuff coming, Clockwork Revolution or whatever its called looks by far the best. Avowed also does well.
Everwild gets CANCELLED.
The eXodus continues with Rare Replay, MFS, Gears 4 and Forza Horizon going multi-plat.

Third party stuff:
Beyond Good and Evil gets cancelled.
Sega unviels that their "supergame" plans are just GaaS. Crazy Taxi comes out but gets shut down before year's end.
GTA VI gets massively leaked again.
NCAA Football (first in 11 years) comes out broken and buggy, people are piiissssed.
Embracer divests Gearbox and Darkhorse, performs its last round of studio closures targetting high cost of living areas, especially the US (Saber.)
The FTC launches a doomed case trying to open up the iPhone app store. Apple also sued in Europe over the poison pills they put on other storefronts there. Meanwhile competing store fronts do pop up on Chrome (at the point of a gun, Google lost a case related to forced bundling last year.)

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The only crazy thing I could think of is PS5 Pro not being a thing or the Switch 2 being more powerful than a Series S.

At this point even if Halo and Gears get announced for PS5 I wouldn't call it crazy.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
PSVR2 will be silently discontinued
Concord becomes a breakout hit
Until Dawn bombs on PC

Proper debut for FairGame$
Asobi and Sucker Punch reveal during Summer or Fall

Hopefully we don't see a PS5 Pro announcement as it's pointless

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I will have more hours in Balatro at the end of the year than any other game that comes out this year

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
-PS5 Pro is wildy over priced
-Sony becomes more focused on profits, mobile gaming and pc
-Stellar blade and rise of the ronin are both mildy successful
-Sony acquires Arrowhead
-Sony fully absorbs bungie and mass layoffs occur there

-Xbox stops shipping consoles to some countries/markets
-Starfield comes to PS5 in December
-alot more xbox games get announced as multiplatform
-Phil spencer steps down by August

Switch 2 is about as powerful as the base ps4.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
PSVR2 will be silently discontinued
Concord becomes a breakout hit
Until Dawn bombs on PC

Proper debut for FairGame$
Asobi and Sucker Punch reveal during Summer or Fall

Hopefully we don't see a PS5 Pro announcement as it's pointless
Hope thats not the case for PSVR 2, thankfully PC support might be coming soon but I hope your right on concord even tho that's not my kind of game