Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
  • Overall total consumer spending on video gaming in the U.S. totaled $12.35 billion in the second quarter (Q2) of 2022 (April – June), a decline of 13% when compared to Q2 2021.
  • Non-mobile subscription content spending was the quarter’s only growth category, with all other categories falling. Data from Sensor Tower shows U.S. consumer spending in mobile games during the first quarter fell 12% from Q2 2021.
  • Overall content spending in Q2 reached $10.97 billion, a 13% decrease over Q2 2021. Subscription content was the only segment to post positive gains. Hardware and accessories declined 1% and 11%, respectively.
  • Among the best-selling and most played games across all platforms in the second quarter were Among Us, Angry Birds 2, Bingo Blitz, Call of Duty: Warzone, Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga, Clash of Clans, Coin Master, Diablo Immortal, Elden Ring, Evony: The King’s Return, Fortnite, Grand Theft Auto V, Homescapes, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, Madden NFL 22, Mario Kart 8, Minecraft, MLB The Show 22, Pokémon GO, Roblox, Royal Match, The Sims 4 and State of Survival.
  • Video game hardware unit sales were led by Nintendo Switch, while PlayStation 5 hardware generated the highest dollar sales in the second quarter.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is $1.78 billion less in $$$ terms.

You need to take in consideration it was a quarter without big releases... I guess the exception was the Monster Hunter expansion.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
They are devaluing games by including them in cheap subscriptions, no surprise here. Congratulations to whoever came up with this dumb idea on how to destroy the traditional console gaming market.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There goes Adams argument lmao. The whole industry is down. Xbot shills always get destroyed by facts.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There goes Adams argument lmao. The whole industry is down. Xbot shills always get destroyed by facts.
Who is Adams?

That is what analysts read Sony financials.... it was solid with basically no drop in overall revenue even with everybody else going down.... Sony even commit the sin of investing part of the profit in first-party game development that highlighted that 37% drop in profits.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Who is Adams?

That is what analysts read Sony financials.... it was solid with basically no drop in overall revenue even with everybody else going down.... Sony even commit the sin of investing part of the profit in first-party game development that highlighted that 37% drop in profits.
adamsapple...

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ethomaz

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Not surprising in the slightest. Outside of Elden Ring, 2022 has been pretty meh. Plus people were locked inside during 2021.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Not surprising in the slightest. Outside of Elden Ring, 2022 has been pretty meh. Plus people were locked inside during 2021.
how it is meh? it is pretty amazing for me. Dying Light 2, Sifu, Horizon FW, Elden Ring, GT7, Wonderlands, Stray and Etc. and we didn't even hit autumn release craziness.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Wonderlands
K1YP.gif

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

Sony dropped both in terms of revenue and a massive drop in profits. Meanwhile MS revenue rose YoY despite not having any marquee games out.

and finally, game pass and its impersonators are the only sector which raised YoY:

Non-mobile subscription content spending was the quarter’s only growth category, with all other categories falling

Destroyed by actual facts and logic

awesome kris jenner GIF

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
it was solid with basically no drop in overall revenue even with everybody else going down.... Sony even commit the sin of investing part of the profit in first-party game development that highlighted that 37% drop in profits.

You guys keep repeating this when they said:

Operating income decreased a significant 30.5 billion yen year-on-year to 52.8 billion yen primarily due to the impact of the decrease in software sales and an increase in game software development costs.

Like I don't get why you are all so damn defensive.. Playstation themselves clearly indicated it wasn't solid quarter for them... revenue only going down 1% is only a part of the picture.

You guys are just letting yourselves get constantly trolled by low effort forum posters.

P

peter42O

Give me more day one games (that im interested in) in a subscription service baby!!! Give me my $10 monthly rentals!! lmao 😂

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sony dropped both in terms of revenue and a massive drop in profits. Meanwhile MS revenue rose YoY despite not having any marquee games out.

and finally, game pass and its impersonators are the only sector which raised YoY:

Destroyed by actual facts and logic

awesome kris jenner GIF
Why are you posting April numbers? We're in August. Stop lying. The whole industry is down. Don't be a liar.

• fire
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I was confused by the number first but after you guys said it is Jan-Mar number it makes sense.

The article for MS Q4 FY2022 is that one:

• Gaming revenues fell by $259 million or 7%
  • Xbox hardware revenue decreasing by 11%
  • Xbox content and services saw revenue dip by 6%
  • Game Pass subscriptions showed growth during the quarter (no number given)

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
walter white GIF

Honest mistake folks. Taylor can take a bow on this one.

Still doesn't change this fact from the OP that game pass is growing.

Non-mobile subscription content spending was the quarter’s only growth category, with all other categories falling

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
walter white GIF

Honest mistake folks. Taylor can take a bow on this one.

Still doesn't change this fact from the OP that game pass is growing.
Totally meaningless without numbers. They are practically giving that :poop:away. As I like to explain I'm signed up through 2025 ... and it cost me a buck!

Tell us what FULL PAID subscribers are. Tell us how many of those "growth numbers" are currently trials. Tell us what revenue is.

What do you think Microsoft is afraid of here if its doing so great?

And why do you feel the need to constantly defend them over every minute excruciating detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.