Number of console games published per platform holder in 2023:Xbox 11, Playstation 5, Switch 14

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Please dont count PC ports….

Pretty cruddy from Sony TBH. One of those is a Rerelease ( Horizon 2 complete edition ) and one of those games is on a rivals subscription service ( MLB )
Lets hope 2024/2025 isnt like this. Shows how bad this year is because you’d dredd if 2024/2025 is the same. And Yes Spiderman 2 is amazing, but I want more from PS studios

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
EDIT: They counted Horizon Complete for PS5 so lol.

I mean, the list counts Quake remastered as a release, as well as a shitload of remasters on the Switch.

But this can become a real problem for Sony. They won't be able to match the output unless they acquire more.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hope the longer dev cycles and these numbers in perspective don't kill Sony allowing their devs The freedom to realize their visions. I can see in the future execs telling devs "listen we need faster output and less ambitious games so focus on getting this done quickly with a smaller budget" blah blah blah. I know it probably won't happen but you never know.

Reactions: Kokoloko

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I hope the longer dev cycles and these numbers in perspective don't kill Sony allowing their devs The freedom to realize their visions. I can see in the future execs telling devs "listen we need faster output and less ambitious games so focus on getting this done quickly with a smaller budget" blah blah blah. I know it probably won't happen but you never know.
Sony has always seen their first-party games as a compliment to third-party stuff, not as a competitor, so they don’t crank out games like MS does and never have.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Sony has always seen their first-party games as a compliment to third-party stuff, not as a competitor, so they don’t crank out games like MS does and never have.
Idk what games Microsoft cranks out since they are in a constant drought and it's never been that way for Sony. Sony has always had more first party games or exclusives and quality on PS consoles excluding publishing and computer games aside. Now of course with the acquisitions that will change but the quality will always be a big question.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Putting F-Zero99 up against Spiderman 2 is a choice. F-Zero99 is equivalent to an Easter Egg if you find a dusty old arcade cabinet somewhere in Spiderman 2.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Bethesda games aren’t even published by MS. They still operate independently.

Anyway. Like I said in the other thread

MS paid 7B to buy a publisher who’s games were already in development and took them off PlayStation and padded Xbox weak software output. MS has nothing to do with Bethesda’s games. People need to acting like they do.

PlayStation games and hardware continues to sell millions and they’re the one who needs to do something? Should they be stagnant and do nothing at all? Of course not. You should always prepare for the future. More so with a shitty anti consumer corporation wanting to buy up everything because they have zero creativity and talent. And Sony is doing just that. They already publicly said they plan buy more studios and acquire IP.

Enough with the manufactured fear tactics.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This is fucking stupid.
Aoe2: DE came out in 2019.
AOE4 came out in 2021.
GoldenEye: a huge flop
Minecraft Legends: a huge flop
Forza Motorsport: failed to impress
Killer Instinct?? We counting patches now?? Ghostwire: Tokyo came out in 2021
Hi-Fi Rush: decent but really?
Redfall: 🤣🤣🤣
Quake II Remaster: bruhhhhhh
Starfield: failure on every level

So half of the games didn't even release this year, and the only game that wasn't a massive flop or terribad/disappointing was Hifi Rush.

Congrats, xbox, you really did it this year, year of the xbox yayyyy🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That list is very suspect. Ignoring PC ports and Bungie for Sony but counting everything from Bethesda as "Xbox".

Is this list done by an Xbot to make xbox look bigger?
I really dont like counting PC ports but Bungie should be counted for sure.

Either way, as Kratos says: “We must be better.”

TBH Xbox literally had a year that not only cemented the rest of the generation for them ( Starfield and others failing ) but also puts them on the ropes to leaving the console industry. Starfield failing means there next console selling hit is Elder Scrolls 6 or maybe a Doom 3 if they are both perfect

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Man you guys always fall for the bullshit agenda against Sony. The fuck is wrong with y’all.

I havent even looked at the article but this year has not been great for PS5 1st party output. Compared to the 4 big games we got last year etc. Personally anyway.

I dont care about Xbox because the Starfield flop has basically put the rope around there neck even more than people think, and the others like Redfall but purely as a PS fan I want more.

Nintendo did enough for me too. TOTK, Pikmin 4 and some of smaller games and remasters make it a good year from them

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Please dont count PC ports….

Pretty cruddy from Sony TBH. One of those is a Rerelease ( Horizon 2 complete edition ) and one of those games is on a rivals subscription service ( MLB )
Lets hope 2024/2025 isnt like this. Shows how bad this year is because you’d dredd if 2024/2025 is the same. And Yes Spiderman 2 is amazing, but I want more from PS studios
Games are taking longer to make man. I don’t know when ya’ll are going to understand this. ND, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Guerilla, PD, and SSM have all released games within the last 3 years. Let’s also not forget that we just came out of a pandemic. Games that entered development over the past 3 years were affected. Sony always hits their stride when it comes to 1st party later in the gen. People forget that Sony started slow last gen with 1st party.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Hunter is definitely not an Xbot. Lol
Then what is the point of counting every sku and rerelease for Xbox and adding Bethesda? People are using this list to say Sony is slow and they should buy more studios when they missed Ratchet, Returnal, TLOU and Lightfall.

Spider-man 2 will sell more on Day 1 then the whole Xbox list. Pointless war list.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Games are taking longer to make man. I don’t know when ya’ll are going to understand this. ND, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Guerilla, PD, and SSM have all released games within the last 3 years. Let’s also not forget that we just came out of a pandemic. Games that entered development over the past 3 years were affected. Sony always hits their stride when it comes to 1st party later in the gen. People forget that Sony started slow last gen with 1st party.

I do understand that. But Sony made a shit ton of money last gen and should of made the teams bigger and expanded into multiple teams per studio. Thats organic growth…
They had money to spend, its not my problem they didnt expand enough. Insomniac has expanded way better under Sony, the same should of been done for the other studios

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78 and Puff
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I do understand that. But Sony made a shit ton of money last gen and should of made the teams bigger and expanded into multiple teams per studio. Thats organic growth…
They had money to spend, its not my problem they didnt expand enough. Insomniac has expanded way better under Sony, the same should of been done for the other studios
Again they all did expand and that was noted and mentioned all last gen i even posted old articles about it on another thread. It looks more like upper tier management getting involved in shit they shouldn't and mismanaging.

Reactions: Kokoloko