NVIDIA announces DLSS 3.5 with Ray Reconstruction, launches this fall

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It looks fine with rtx off lol. I hate how devs have to make everything ultra shiny to show off rtx.
It is actually a issue with how the games are designed I believe…
They are make for rasterizer and so when you patch that game/engine to Ray-tracing you get everything shining, brighter, etc.

I hope games/engines designed from the ground for ray-tracing to have more materials more real life like.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It looks fine with rtx off lol. I hate how devs have to make everything ultra shiny to show off rtx.
It's not about ultra shiny. If you took a real photo of that specific diner, it would look like that 2nd image and NOT that first image. The more we start to see what photorealism through path-tracing looks like, the more we'll find flaws with the current games today that's NOT path-traced.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Depends on the finish, there are plenty of matte tables
Not that one. The 2nd image looks way more accurate and representative of the real world. Look at the dishes closest to the camera. They are not supposed to be lit that much since those dishes are in fact, in shadow. The first pic has way too much energy on the plates and that's definitely due to the GI light probes. Observe the menu on the bench. It's not supposed to be that bright. The path-traced one is correct.