only 10% of Starfield's 1,000 planets have life on them.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Procedural generation is garbage. News at 11

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Life could mean humans and they don't want to give the twist away.

The negativity around starfield is starting to get a little boring. Will Sony fans remember this negativity when the game lands on ps5?

I haven't made many comments regarding Starfield, but my outlook is negative. I'm perfectly okay with being proven wrong, but my skepticism has nothing to do with the game's exclusivity. It's to do with Skyrim and Fallout 4 being the only games on my PS4 that regularly crash, have performance issues, and some less than stellar quest design (Radiant quests). Going further back, there was Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim on PS3 - and the fact that Bethesda sold those broken games in the first place, took the money, and never bothered to fix them. Then there was the well-documented issues, lies, and broken promises for Fallout 76. The list goes on and on.

The fact that so many give them a free pass is mystifying to me and being a Sony fan has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I haven't made many comments regarding Starfield, but my outlook is negative. I'm perfectly okay with being proven wrong, but my skepticism has nothing to do with the game's exclusivity. It's to do with Skyrim and Fallout 4 being the only games on my PS4 that regularly crash, have performance issues, and some less than stellar quest design (Radiant quests). Going further back, there was Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim on PS3 - and the fact that Bethesda sold those broken games in the first place, took the money, and never bothered to fix them. Then there was the well-documented issues, lies, and broken promises for Fallout 76. The list goes on an on.

The fact that so many give them a free pass is mystifying to me and being a Sony fan has nothing to do with it.
Stop! You salty pony.. we know your color.. 🔵

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Life could mean humans and they don't want to give the twist away.

The negativity around starfield is starting to get a little boring. Will Sony fans remember this negativity when the game lands on ps5?
People did the same with ff16 🤷🏻‍♂️

D

Deleted member 417

I haven't made many comments regarding Starfield, but my outlook is negative. I'm perfectly okay with being proven wrong, but my skepticism has nothing to do with the game's exclusivity. It's to do with Skyrim and Fallout 4 being the only games on my PS4 that regularly crash, have performance issues, and some less than stellar quest design (Radiant quests). Going further back, there was Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim on PS3 - and the fact that Bethesda sold those broken games in the first place, took the money, and never bothered to fix them. Then there was the well-documented issues, lies, and broken promises for Fallout 76. The list goes on and on.

I'm not defending Bethesda or Starfield. The game will be buggy, poor performance and mainly empty. The framework of the game will be empty and half-finished. The completed product will be done by the mods.

That said, the constant praise from one side and focus on the hate on the other just clouds the facts from the game. I haven't seen, on here or other websites, many details focusing purely on the game, classes etc. I'm not saying they aren't out there, it's just that the front-and-centre news that the gaming media are focusing on are nothing more than slapfights.

People did the same with ff16 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's not completely comparable as people were just slagging off FF16 with no real basis other than slagging it off. There is a basis to slag off Starfield, but we're at the point of flogging a dead horse.

Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
I'm not defending Bethesda or Starfield. The game will be buggy, poor performance and mainly empty. The framework of the game will be empty and half-finished. The completed product will be done by the mods.

That said, the constant praise from one side and focus on the hate on the other just clouds the facts from the game. I haven't seen, on here or other websites, many details focusing purely on the game, classes etc. I'm not saying they aren't out there, it's just that the front-and-centre news that the gaming media are focusing on are nothing more than slapfights.

There's a lot of different views on the game. There's people who love the style of game that Bethesda makes and can overlook a myriad of faults because of that. There's people who will support it because Bethesda is owned by XBox and those who will criticize it for that reason too. I prefer to make my own opinion and have little interest in the media's input on that.

To be frank, despite MS not being exactly stellar in game development as of late, I hope they have put pressure on Bethesda to release a polished game which does not require paying customers to fix it or years of patches to be an acceptable playing experience. It's been obvious for years that Bethesda have zero interest in quality control and so, for me, I will wait and see how Starfield is on release. Carefully curated showcases and insider reports are unreliable in this regard.

I'm aware you're not defending the game and would like to see more analytical takes on it (eg. classes), but it's hard to have those conversations when the hyperbole surrounding it is so extreme. As well, again, we have very little real information about it so far - just carefully curated takes.

• Shake
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
There's a lot of different views on the game. There's people who love the style of game that Bethesda makes and can overlook a myriad of faults because of that. There's people who will support it because Bethesda is owned by XBox and those who will criticize it for that reason too. I prefer to make my own opinion and have little interest in the media's input on that.

To be frank, despite MS not being exactly stellar in game development as of late, I hope they have put pressure on Bethesda to release a polished game which does not require paying customers to fix it or years of patches to be an acceptable playing experience. It's been obvious for years that Bethesda have zero interest in quality control and so, for me, I will wait and see how Starfield is on release. Carefully curated showcases and insider reports are unreliable in this regard.

I'm aware you're not defending the game and would like to see more analytical takes on it (eg. classes), but it's hard to have those conversations when the hyperbole surrounding it is so extreme. As well, again, we have very little real information about it so far - just carefully curated takes.
pressure bethesda release a polished games, how? when they can't do that with their own studios?

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
pressure bethesda release a polished games, how? when they can't do that with their own studios?

I don't have much hope for it, to be honest. The Redfall disaster would motivate most companies to do better, but it all depends on how much value MS wants to put on their first-party. As for how - get involved in the process, demand accountability from Bethesda, hire and supervise QA., etc. There's lots of things MS could do, but the question is whether they will or not. They could also just raise the price for Game Pass like they already have, charge full-price for the game, and not give a fuck about its quality. I can see that happening, as well. We'll see when the game releases, I suppose.