Opinion: 2024, June 9th - Xbox Showcase was a huge fraud

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Microsoft uses showcases to decieve their fans with CGI trailers and games without release dates leaving them with plausible deniability. Fable was CGI festival, eith no Concrete gameplay once again. What is Playground fearing for?
The new Gears didn't show anything than a short cutscene. Lots of these titles are Multi-platform. Microsoft is nit even trying to deliver reasons to buy an Xbox console. Probably the most promising title announcement was the newest Doom game. Which is also releasing Day 1 on PS5. Also interesting was that Square Enix will once again not port FFXVI on Xbox. Which does contradict the media reports, that Square Enix will go full Multi-platform.
This wasn't a good outlook for Microsoft’s Xbox Concoles. Also what catches my eye was, that every trailer on the end stated: "Play it Day 1 on Xbox Game Pass." Which implies that all these titles (yes even the 1st Party games such as Avowed) will someday hit PS5.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
When Xbox over delivered and over promised their shows come back looking like window dressing.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
mate it was a huge fraud because they removed the worst exclusive from their whole terminology

I hadn’t noticed it, you’re tight. Like I said before, I see it as an EA or Ubisoft show but with more hype.

Reactions: Luffy123

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Doesn't matter, they showed good games. Xbox isn't taking it lying down and is still putting in effort to get marketing deals. Playstation is literally asleep at the wheel and all you guys can do is cry about it instead of telling Playstation to get their act together and step the fuck up.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Microsoft uses showcases to decieve their fans with CGI trailers and games without release dates leaving them with plausible deniability. Fable was CGI festival, eith no Concrete gameplay once again. What is Playground fearing for?
The new Gears didn't show anything than a short cutscene. Lots of these titles are Multi-platform. Microsoft is nit even trying to deliver reasons to buy an Xbox console. Probably the most promising title announcement was the newest Doom game. Which is also releasing Day 1 on PS5. Also interesting was that Square Enix will once again not port FFXVI on Xbox. Which does contradict the media reports, that Square Enix will go full Multi-platform.
This wasn't a good outlook for Microsoft’s Xbox Concoles. Also what catches my eye was, that every trailer on the end stated: "Play it Day 1 on Xbox Game Pass." Which implies that all these titles (yes even the 1st Party games such as Avowed) will someday hit PS5.
Well in their (Square Enix) very minor defense, they could have been stating that current inprocess projects could be multiplatform rather than all previously released titles. We know that FFXVI is still heading to PC, so their main focus is quality on that. As for FFVII, they don't have the manpower to attempt that at this time since once again their focusing on quality over quantity for the last installment and the inevitable Pc release. Which most should appreciate after seeing and/or playing Rebirth.
As for Xbox lying is anyone surprised? Years back in one of their events, Phil stated it would be full of gameplay, but the reality was it was full of CG instead. That's a given with their events.
My biggest take away personally from the event is why are they bothering with more consoles?

• brain
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Arnd Sony isn't?

Are we going to ignore all the third party exclusives released this year?

Or upcoming games like SH2 and Phantom Blade?
I'm gonna be honest with you fam. Both of those games don't look especially good.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I'm gonna be honest with you fam. Both of those games don't look especially good.
Don't forget Zenless Zone Zero plus they've got other more Niche titles releasing through the end of the year. Like Trails through Daybreak for one example. They're doing fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Icon

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Screenshot-20240609-215121-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240609-215306-Chrome.jpg

giphy.webp

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

That's not the point fam.

You said MS is making an effort to secure deals while Sony's doing nothing, completely ignoring the fact that Sony has secured games like Stellar Blade, FF7 Rebirth, Rise of Ronin, Silent Hill 2 etc.

Unlike MS, Sony has actually released exclusive content this year.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's not the point fam.

You said MS is making an effort to secure to deals while Sony's doing nothing, completely ignoring the fact that Sony has secured games like Stellar Blade, FF7 Rebirth, Rise of Ronin, Silent Hill 2 etc.
they secured it years ago. he speaks about recent time and future. a lot of AAA in latter stage of the year are marketed by xbox.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs and Puff

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
they secured it years ago. he speaks about recent time and future. a lot of AAA in latter stage of the year are marketed by xbox.

So Stalker 2 wasn't done years ago? Or the Atlus deals?

Isn't Phantom Blade a future release or all the deals Sony makes through the China Hero Projects?