Opinion: 2024, June 9th - Xbox Showcase was a huge fraud

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Them not saying "Console exclusive" looks a lot like when Sony removed "Only on PlayStation" before porting everything to PC.

They were obsessed with their cringe "exclusive" narration when they thought they had something going on.

For Xbox current dire situation this entire conference is an embarrassment, nothing to move the needle. If Sony has any decency they'll finally show up with a killer even when the PS5 Pro gets announced and put Xbox out of their misery for good. The world is simply a better place without Xbox doing a disservice to the image of consoles to those that are unfortunate enough to be duped into buying one.

Reactions: Luffy123
26 Nov 2023
they secured it years ago. he speaks about recent time and future. a lot of AAA in latter stage of the year are marketed by xbox.

Phantom Blade is literally a deal they made in 2023. Stellar Blade in 2021. They opened India Hero Project in 2023. They signed a partnership deal with NCSoft last year and are looking for more partnership opportunities in Korea. They made another deal with Kojima for PSYINT. There’s numerous timed indies if you wanna pile on some more stuff.

I’m fine with being critical of Sony and I get the growing unrest with their lack of showing off first party titles is causing some of this criticisms but damn, some people act like they’re not making moves and it’s just not true. If we wanna be critical of Sony we also have to acknowledge what they’re doing and not just disregard it to prop up the argument that they’re doing nothing when compared to Microsoft.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think the show was rather decent, there were several games in there that looked good.

It really is up to Sony now to come out swinging and show us what they have.

Microsoft, to me, have said hey, this is what we have now beat it.

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Lol new handheld console they lied.
Nadella: "Nah no more Xbox console"

600 bucks for a slightly different color on XSX☠
☠️BO☠️

That's fraud on a new high level.

• haha
Reactions: Umar

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
$450 for a nearly 4 year old console that's had the disc drive removed.

lol, lmao even. What a fucking joke.

24 Jun 2022
Microsoft uses showcases to decieve their fans with CGI trailers and games without release dates leaving them with plausible deniability. Fable was CGI festival, eith no Concrete gameplay once again. What is Playground fearing for?

Fable had gameplay.

The new Gears didn't show anything than a short cutscene.

It's the first reveal for the game. The Coalition are a known quantity and a CG trailer is fine for 1st time showing. Next time they show the game it should have real-time gameplay captured, though.

Lots of these titles are Multi-platform.

Everything at Sony's last SOP was multiplatform aside Astro Bot. And heck, I'm expecting that to go to other platforms after half a year or so. Can't rule out a PC or even Switch 2 port at this point.

Microsoft is nit even trying to deliver reasons to buy an Xbox console.

I mean we know that at this point. I'm not holding that against Microsoft anymore considering they are never going to change on that front. They don't care if people buy Xboxes at the rate they do PS5s and Switches, we've known this since the real sales results for Xbox came about starting late 2022, and MS announced their multiplat strategy for PlayStation & Nintendo.

It's kind of like crying over spoiled milk at this point.

Probably the most promising title announcement was the newest Doom game. Which is also releasing Day 1 on PS5.

Well yeah, we knew this.

Also interesting was that Square Enix will once again not port FFXVI on Xbox. Which does contradict the media reports, that Square Enix will go full Multi-platform.

Can't say anything for certain anymore. They could be holding off on an announcement for XVI until TGS in September. If they're bringing it to Xbox, they wouldn't announce it before revealing the PC version.

This wasn't a good outlook for Microsoft’s Xbox Concoles.

Yeah of course, but MS is well past the point of trying to revitalize Xbox as a 360-level competitor to PlayStation. They've given up on that a long time ago, so it's like beating a dead horse stressing that point now.

I'm significantly more interested in seeing if SIE continue to provide reasons to buy PlayStations in the future, including making sure their actions prove that their own hardware is still clearly at the highest priority within their expanding multiplatform ecosystem.

A weak Xbox is bothersome, but not ultimately detrimental to the gaming industry as a whole. A weak PlayStation though? That would be devastating to console gaming as a whole. That means the hardware has to continue performing strongly, and have reasons to ALL gamer types to continue investing in the hardware.

Needless to say, I'm questioning if SIE can provide that value in sufficient amounts to some of the vital hardcore/core enthusiast console gamers with the way their multiplat strategy currently is, and how it might evolve in the future. But, we'll see what happens.

Also what catches my eye was, that every trailer on the end stated: "Play it Day 1 on Xbox Game Pass." Which implies that all these titles (yes even the 1st Party games such as Avowed) will someday hit PS5.

Okay but at this point how is that ANY different than what SIE could show at a future PS Showcase? All of the timed exclusives they show for PS5 are going to end up on PC (Steam).

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Can't say anything for certain anymore. They could be holding off on an announcement for XVI until TGS in September. If they're bringing it to Xbox, they wouldn't announce it before revealing the PC version.
I doubt that FFXVI or any new mainline FF will hit Xbox ever again. There is zero to nonexistent ROI on Xbox. Ports are also very expensive and waste personnel resources. I think more than A-AA will Xbox not getting.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Doesn't matter, they showed good games. Xbox isn't taking it lying down and is still putting in effort to get marketing deals. Playstation is literally asleep at the wheel and all you guys can do is cry about it instead of telling Playstation to get their act together and step the fuck up.
Are we reading the same posts? The comments after the latest SOP and the showcase were extremely violent and negative. If Sony doesn't react it's because they don't care.

The fans are not silent at all. You want even more doom? 😅

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Are we reading the same posts? The comments after the latest SOP and the showcase were extremely violent and negative. If Sony doesn't react it's because they don't care.

The fans are not silent at all. You want even more doom? 😅
just frustrated is all. i really dislike the current sony corporate leadership. i can only hope that hermen somehow finds his way out of his own ass and gets sony's first party into shape. but tbh in the latest investor q&a he doubled down on gaas so idk, not too hopeful on it either.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
its always the same with these xbox showcases,every year xbots said there where the best thing ever it will bring xbox back to sucess and them they got wrecked on sales everywhere now with the added bonus of the shadow of a ps5 port of any of these games when they sell shit on the xbox

also i remember when the xbox twitter account make fun of the ps showcase because some of them will be on xbox,how things are changed