Opinion: Armored Core is a strong contender for GOTY

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
This year will probably go down as one of the best years in gaming. So far has being ridiculous
I would say it will probably be the best year in gaming.

But...

Fuck me this looks so good

Really jump on my list of one of the most anticipated games of the year.

I think a lot of people are dismissing because they aren't familiar with it and don't know what to expect. Best this seems more mainstream than the previous games

D

Deleted member 417

Hope springs eternal.

GOTY has been a popularity contest for a long, long time. I wish AC good luck.

Reactions: Sircaw

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It looks great but is it going to play like Mechwarrior? I tried that and I dropped it real fast. Boring.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Let's hope it will be, maybe it will finally give Sega the confidence to give us the sequels to Vanquish and Binary Domain, we so deserved.

But hopefully journalists will judge it fairly assuming the game is great and a bigger audience will gravitate towards this genre.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

catchew

8 Jun 2023
i'm hoping this game succeeds bigly (i've been 5 years making one solo 😰). the mecha genre has been kinda in a niche world of its own. there aren't too many games that balance the genre with players. or it could just be lack of good modern mech games in general. a great majority feels like they hate mechs or just plain disinterest.

so... yeah considering how modern fromsoft is today. i really do hope it makes a splash. it looks so good. 4, 4a(the best) v and verdict day were nice. but it never appealed to a mass market due to its difficulty its more about trying to avoid part damage as much as possible with style. seems people have embraced the difficulty challenge a bit more so i'm hoping this time it could be different. though i don't expect a goty on it.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Reviewers have been looking for fake gamer cred reviewing souls games high.

Most high scores are for games with super casual mass market appeal.

I’d bet it getting reviewed highly just to pander to hardcore gamers.

It’s all bullshit. I hope this evolves past the bought and paid for shill review industry.

Reactions: catchew
OP
OP
SLB1904

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
i'm hoping this game succeeds bigly (i've been 5 years making one solo 😰). the mecha genre has been kinda in a niche world of its own. there aren't too many games that balance the genre with players. or it could just be lack of good modern mech games in general. a great majority feels like they hate mechs or just plain disinterest.

so... yeah considering how modern fromsoft is today. i really do hope it makes a splash. it looks so good. 4, 4a(the best) v and verdict day were nice. but it never appealed to a mass market due to its difficulty its more about trying to avoid part damage as much as possible with style. seems people have embraced the difficulty challenge a bit more so i'm hoping this time it could be different. though i don't expect a goty on it.
I think this gameplay looks flashy enough for casuals to eat. Not gonna lie those missiles looks so good.
The first trailer didn't sell me as much as this gameplay

Reactions: catchew

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m hoping it does Sekiro numbers at least.

I say “at least” but I remember Sekiro doing huge numbers for a new IP in a niche genre of eastern fantasy.

Post Elden Ring is going to give Armored Core a Hulk hogan rub where’d it might do pretty great.

Fingers crossed. Where Ff and Starfield do nothing for me Armored Core promises a masterclass action game from the best in the business.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I wish it could rise to that height...

However I doubt journalists ability to embrace such a game, they trashed them in the past, even Geoff... if you saw the thread I posted about it.

I think it may take a ferocious fanbase, much like the Souls fanbase to push it but I don't know if that fanbase transfers over automatically.

I will be supporting it day 1 though. I think the reviews will determine a lot in this case.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The game looks Mint, but like some people said, this is going to be too niche for a lot of people.

Reactions: reziel

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
The game looks Mint, but like some people said, this is going to be too niche for a lot of people.
It's kinda mixed with me right now if they show more environments that'll help sell me on it. I played A.C: For answer and loved it but didn't have the luxury of playing the previous games. I'll unfortunately have to put this on the bottom of my list since there's so much coming out in September.

• Informative