Over Jump - SEGA Rally Recreation on PC via Unreal Engine 5

24 Jun 2022

Just came across this and wanted to share. It's not really a "game" per se; the creator has only recreated one level and (if they get Sega's approval) plans to build out the other levels later. But this first one is available for free and should be playable on a PC provided you have UE5 installed.

NGL, this looks really good. It would be so cool if Sega could make a new arcade-style racing game with modern tech that actually gets released on consoles (both Daytona remake and Sega World Drivers Championship are still arcade-exclusive 3+ years after release). Or if they did remakes for several of their arcade racers in UE5 together as one released packaged.

Imagine Virtua Racing, Daytona USA, Daytona 2, Sega Water Ski (a personal favorite), Scud Race, Sega Rally etc. all recreated with modern high-fidelity graphics in UE5 and maybe even some extra content thrown into them? I'd buy it in a heartbeat and I'm sure I'm not alone. But it is really cool to see talented people out there who love these games and are making stuff like this in their spare time.

EDIT: Can a mod maybe add the title of the actual demo in the OP title 😂? It's called Over Jump, forget to put it in before posting.