Palworld | OT + Review Thread | Pokémon Gun. Palworld has sold over 1mil 8 hours after release.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
bhCmPP6.png
oVAE5tg.png

Rvget38.png

jRFzEMg.jpg

Vmzpn46.png

Review Videos

Palworld Story Plot​

Palworld isn’t a story-driven game. However, it has story elements littered throughout Palpagos Island where the game takes place. There are even faction leaders that you could have various interactions with, particularly the hostile kind. The game unfolds on the Palpagos Island, a strange land where curious creatures known as "Pals" roam freely. But after it was discovered, numerous factions have occupied the land and started to exploit its resources and creatures. Players take control of an explorer who finds themselves washed up on shore following a shipwreck. To survive in this unfamiliar land full of ambitious cliques, players must rely on the unique Pals that inhabit the island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Palworld on Xbox Doesn’t Have Dedicated Servers, Limiting Co-Op to 2-4 Players While Steam Gets Up to 32 Players​

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

According to an official FAQ there are currently no plans for a PS5 version of Palworld, “but will consider it during development.”​

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Palworld has reached 400k+ concurrent users on Steam and it's still climbing(408,785 as of like 30 seconds ago)
Considering the time right now, this is mostly NA Evening + Asia Morning in action.
But the game has remained pretty stable in CCUs during the entire day, which means we'll probably going to see some pretty insane numbers during the weekend.

But yeah, the combination of the survival/base building genre(which is incredibly popular on PC) and creature catching was just a winning formula. Devs knew they had a winning concept cooking.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
This looks pretty good but I'll wait until the game leaves Early Access to try it out.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lol my coworkers were talking about this game today
If this game was a star wars game it wouldn't be Darth Plagueis the Wise, it'd be Darth Plagiarize

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Shame this is skipping PS5. I guess I'll have to play it on Steam. I prefer to do my multiplayer outtings on PlayStation so this sucks.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This Pokemon rip-off is so blatant Nintendo should do something about it. Not surprised Xbox jumped on this to get some shine from their competitors IP 😒

Shame this is skipping PS5. I guess I'll have to play it on Steam. I prefer to do my multiplayer outtings on PlayStation so this sucks.
It's Early Access so the full release will probably come like Baldur's Gate 3, Hades and Naraka.

Reactions: Dr Bass

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Palworld on Xbox Doesn’t Have Dedicated Servers, Limiting Co-Op to 2-4 Players While Steam Gets Up to 32 Players​

And people here somehow still defend paid online...

Reactions: Gamernyc78