Paul Tassi and Tom Warren are saying not all PS5 Pro enhanced games will be 60FPS

OP
OP
R4tion4l Sk3pt1c
31 Aug 2024
I don't see people dunking on Xbox for the digital Series X, which comes with 1TB less (and which is equally expensive to add another 1TB as is adding the disc drive on the Pro, if not more), no disc (without any possibility to add one in the future) and - shockingly - no Pro enhancements, for 200 bucks less than the Pro.
People dunk on the Series S all the time

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
It is sour grapes from the Xbox crowd. Many masquerading as PC and Nintendo gamers.
How the fuq do you masquerade as a PC or Nintendo gamer? Do you think there are enough Xbox players in the world to generate a backlash like what the PS5 Pro witnessed?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
True, 60fps aren't guaranteed, some games will get a new 120fps mode instead.

But yes, some games that were capped at 30fps will continue like that when getting a PS5 Pro patch: particularly when running in a new 8K mode.

Its up to the developers right?
Yes, devs can do whatever they want with their games. But if a game that is capped to 30fps in PS5 gets a PS5 Pro patch pretty likely will be to give it a 60fps mode.

If it stays at 30 pretty likely would be in a 8K mode.

The only case where I could see it would be in a game that runs a big ass open world with super high end visuals way beyond what we saw in games like HFW, using also RT and real time global illumination. But I think we won't see this during this gen.

Because these games pretty likely would get a 60fps mode without RT and RTGI and lower resolution in base PS5. So would be 60fps too in PS5 Pro, or even 120fps.

I think the typical case of a new PS5 Pro mode will be -for games that in base PS5 have a 30 fps quality mode and a 60fps performance mode- a mode with better image quality and resolution than in the quality mode running at 60fps. And optionally, depending on the game, to get a new 120fps mode and a new 8K mode (30 or 60 fps).

Last edited: