Paying for PS Plus extra via only my wallet funds

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I always used to buy the PS plus cards online or pay for the sub directly via PayPal, but I am wondering if I can pay for it using only wallet funds or do I need to link a debit card when paying? When I am at the checkout there is a payment method that says "Redeem codes and gift cards". I have 10 pounds in my wallet, so if I add 50 more wiil the 10 pounds that are already in my wallet be deducted, or do I need to add 60 pounds worth of gift cards in the checkout? The reason I am asking is because I have an UK PSN account, but am from
another country ( PSN not supported here), so since this is a sub service and IF I need to link a credit/debit card I do not think this method will work since my card is not from the UK.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I always used to buy the PS plus cards online or pay for the sub directly via PayPal, but I am wondering if I can pay for it using only wallet funds or do I need to link a debit card when paying? When I am at the checkout there is a payment method that says "Redeem codes and gift cards". I have 10 pounds in my wallet, so if I add 50 more wiil the 10 pounds that are already in my wallet be deducted, or do I need to add 60 pounds worth of gift cards in the checkout? The reason I am asking is because I have an UK PSN account, but am from
another country ( PSN not supported here), so since this is a sub service and IF I need to link a credit/debit card I do not think this method will work since my card is not from the UK.

I think I remember them looking for a card.... but I could be wrong.

I don't think you'll get many answers here because if someone is wrong and you lose money, then the person might feel responsible.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Use Amazon or any other online store to buy wallet funds (The total or as much as you think you might need) for any country you need it for then just add it to the account with the redeem function.
As long as you have the amount you need to buy a game or item it will take it from the wallet first if you choose that option.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You can add money to the PSN Wallet and use it to buy the subscription (or games).

This is the only method I use and have been using for years.

OP
OP
Nomen_Nescio

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Use Amazon or any other online store to buy wallet funds (The total or as much as you think you might need) for any country you need it for then just add it to the account with the redeem function.
As long as you have the amount you need to buy a game or item it will take it from the wallet first if you choose that option.
But I am required to select a payment method upon selecting the desired tier. I can choose between PayPal, debit/credit card, pay by mobile, paysafe card, and redeem codes and gift cards. So, do I need to add funds via the "redeem codes and gift cards" option? Because if I need to have a valid debit card, this will not work as the debit card must be from the same country the account is from.

EDIT: I can add funds to the wallet wo problems, been doing it for years, but I never paid for PS plus with my wallet funds.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
You can buy 3 month or yearly only.

Monthly you need a payment on file.