PCGamer.com article begging for a PC port of God Of War Ragnarok: "Everybody is having a great time but us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

God of War: Ragnarök is going to come to PC eventually. It has to, right? Probably way before Bloodborne ever will. That still doesn't help the sting right now, in this exciting launch moment, when we on PC can't play it.

It's been a minute since I've had FOMO for a big, triple-A console release, but I spent the early pandemic waiting in line at Micro Center and chasing down deals for an RTX 3070, not a PS5. Currently sitting at a 94 average on OpenCritic (opens in new tab), here's what some of our friends and rivals are saying about Ragnarök.

Wow - This is a new low, even by PCgamer standards.

I really hope Sony sees the sheer entitlement at hand here. It's enough to make the average reader's blood boil. The fact that they expected to be included in the Ragnarok festivities at all is a sign at how self-centered, entitled, and toxic these PC gamers are. And of course, the usual Bloodborne stealth beg. Every. Single. Time.

I have no words.

24 Jun 2022
PC basically wouldn't even have AAA games anymore if not for consoles. Its history is interesting; we can clearly trace a path where the actual AAA dev scene on PC collapsed and those devs went over to consoles, and the dependency some of them have for trying to get every AAA console game onto the platform (especially Sony's games of late) just belies the emptiness the hardcore nuts among that community have for content that actually makes those $1,000 GPUs worth purchasing in the first place.

In any case, it's funny as hell to see. Oh and something-something worthless Western games "journalism", you know the deal.

P

peter42O

Personally, I don't see any issue with Sony releasing their first party games day one on PC. Just a matter of time until they are released on PC day one. Get more sales, more players and more people into your eco-system. If anything, PlayStation fans not wanting Sony to port their games to PC is the definition of sheer entitlement. I will never understand PlayStation fans are against this when the platform will become bigger, better, make more money which in turn leads into even more investment from Sony into studios and games. God of War Ragnarok could have been released on PC day one and it wouldn't affect me whatsoever. I would still be playing it on my PlayStation 5 and will still enjoy it to completion.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
I really hope Sony sees the sheer entitlement at hand here. It's enough to make the average reader's blood boil. The fact that they expected to be included in the Ragnarok festivities at all is a sign at how self-centered, entitled, and toxic these PC gamers are. And of course, the usual Bloodborne stealth beg. Every. Single. Time.
tom-cruise-what.gif

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
There are some goofy takes in here, but geez. I'm assuming most PC guys like digital only, so track down a digital only PS5 for 400 bucks and play the damn games you want to, when you want to. If you want to wait for the PC version, fine, but don't whine so much. You get the entire system for a fraction of a price of a current top of the line GPU, so it shouldn't be that big a deal to that crowd.

Also this is not a "PC gamer" thing. This is a "this one guy is acting like a clown" thing.

Not sure this is thread worthy though. It reeks a bit of console warring in the end.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Nonsense port begging article. Most PC gamers who are interested and don't want to buy a console don't mind the wait.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Ragnarok is a system seller. If Sony had any brains they would keep it exclusive all gen like they did for GOW 2018.

It will be evergreen like BOTW until the next one comes out.
But they don't, and people already expect a PC port. Sales will die out sooner than they did with the 2018 game.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Personally, I don't see any issue with Sony releasing their first party games day one on PC. Just a matter of time until they are released on PC day one. Get more sales, more players and more people into your eco-system. If anything, PlayStation fans not wanting Sony to port their games to PC is the definition of sheer entitlement. I will never understand PlayStation fans are against this when the platform will become bigger, better, make more money which in turn leads into even more investment from Sony into studios and games. God of War Ragnarok could have been released on PC day one and it wouldn't affect me whatsoever. I would still be playing it on my PlayStation 5 and will still enjoy it to completion.

Sony studios have been able to squeeze the most out of PlayStation hardware, finding ways around the bottlenecks and mastering the strengths of the platforms.
If you start taking into consideration another platform, you are inevitably going to (and/or between the points):

- have less optimization => lower quality than what we are used to
- longer development times
- gameplay constraints/changes

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Personally, I don't see any issue with Apple releasing their first party software day one on PC. Just a matter of time until they are released on PC day one. Get more sales, more users and more people into your eco-system. If anything, Apple fans not wanting Apple to port their games to PC is the definition of sheer entitlement. I will never understand Apple fans are against this when the platform will become bigger, better, make more money which in turn leads into even more investment from Apple into studios and software. Photos could have been released on PC day one and it wouldn't affect me whatsoever. I would still be using it on my Macbook and will still enjoy it to completion.

Adjusted so as to show how nonsensical your rant is.

Reactions: KiryuRealty

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Just buy a ps5 and stop moaning FFS.

This generation is going to be a long one, are we going to hear this bullshit every time Sony releases a great game?

Sony have been increasing their ps5 stock of late, its the perfect time to get one and with it the best games out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.