PCMR competition - Diablo4 Ultimate 🏆 (Winner voted)

OP
OP
PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Frustrated World Cup GIF
Was going to post this too.

• party
Reactions: TubzGaming

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Well, I do! Blizzard recently increased the price of all editions in Argentina by 50% and now the game is pretty much "unpurchasable". The Ultimate Edition costs 1/3 or 1/4 of an average salary. :cry:
Man this sucks ass.
As a Polish guy who only in recent few years (as a person and as a country) started to earn a bit better money, where now I can afford a new video game without it being 1/3rd of my salary I don't envy you.

Your diablo 4 standard ed is 16000arss which is about 73$
In Poland it's 320pln on battlenet which is 76$

Median polish salary is about 1000$ monthly. Average is a bit more but seems inflated.
But what you describe was a reality for me around 2010.. My salary was like 300$.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
Man this sucks ass.
As a Polish guy who only in recent few years (as a person and as a country) started to earn a bit better money, where now I can afford a new video game without it being 1/3rd of my salary I don't envy you.

Your diablo 4 standard ed is 16000arss which is about 73$
In Poland it's 320pln on battlenet which is 76$

Median polish salary is about 1000$ monthly. Average is a bit more but seems inflated.
But what you describe was a reality for me around 2010.. My salary was like 300$.

Yeah, it's a mess. And publishers keep increasing prices here (Sony just doubled the prices of their whole catalog on Steam a few days ago) instead of finding ways to stop regional price abuse. People don't know that we have a 75% TAX on foreign currency purchases. So if we buy a $100 game, we have to give an extra 75% (when talking about the official currency, not the unofficial one called 'blue') to our government in taxes, and the average salary is $300 right now. It's a joke. Hopefully, people will choose better in December for the next president, but things will get out of control before that. Our interannual inflation is over 100%, the worst in 23 years. 50% is basically poor and the middle class is pretty much destroyed. Most survive (not live) with the average salary.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

What is the most PCMR thing you've done?​

I really wanted Diablo IV and this happend to me last month so why not?...

I wanted to upgrade my PC, but i realized im too poor and didnt have money, so i didnt want to upgade it, BUT:

1. Skip to March and i decide to buy a 4090 because i had money saved why not?
  2. PC suddenly dies, so i think it's was my shitty 750W PSU fault after some tests.
  3. Decides buy a 1300W PSU thinking it would solve the issue.
  4. PC worked for 6 days and decides to die again (fuck me).
  5. Makes some more tests thinking it could have been the SSD.
  6. Realize the SSD died after multiple Windows installations that took me two days.
  7. Needs to buy new SSD to get PC working but again has no money.
  8. So i decide to buy 3 TB of SSD NVME 4.0, knowing that my MOBU can't use those speeds.
  9. PC finally works so i can get back to playing Monster Hunter and Elden Ring with no peformance gains for $3390

Did i just make a $1400 loan for a PSU and SSD so i could fix my PC, and spent $1900 on a 4090 for no reason? Yes :cool:

Did i gain any peformance for that money? No :cool:

Will i make another loan to get 128GB of DDR5 and a 13900K because i realize my bank can give me more loans? Yes :cool:

Did i needed to use the money i spent on the 4090 to actually help in my career so i wouldnt be as poor anymore? Yes, but i can now play shitty optimized 2023 games at 4K60 FPS baby :cool:

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
1 May 2023
the most pcmr thing i have ever done? is growing up and realizing that this pcmr talk is completely childish bullshit we are all gamers in the end.

oh and scalping rtx ampere cards

Reactions: PropellerEar

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I really wanted Diablo IV and this happend to me last month so why not?...

I wanted to upgrade my PC, but i realized im too poor and didnt have money, so i didnt want to upgade it, BUT:

1. Skip to March and i decide to buy a 4090 because i had money saved why not?
  2. PC suddenly dies, so i think it's was my shitty 750W PSU fault after some tests.
  3. Decides buy a 1300W PSU thinking it would solve the issue.
  4. PC worked for 6 days and decides to die again (fuck me).
  5. Makes some more tests thinking it could have been the SSD.
  6. Realize the SSD died after multiple Windows installations that took me two days.
  7. Needs to buy new SSD to get PC working but again has no money.
  8. So i decide to buy 3 TB of SSD NVME 4.0, knowing that my MOBU can't use those speeds.
  9. PC finally works so i can get back to playing Monster Hunter and Elden Ring with no peformance gains for $3390

Did i just make a $1400 loan for a PSU and SSD so i could fix my PC, and spent $1900 on a 4090 for no reason? Yes :cool:

Did i gain any peformance for that money? No :cool:

Will i make another loan to get 128GB of DDR5 and a 13900K because i realize my bank can give me more loans? Yes :cool:

Did i needed to use the money i spent on the 4090 to actually help in my career so i wouldnt be as poor anymore? Yes, but i can now play shitty optimized 2023 games at 4K60 FPS baby :cool:
Such a noob John, you could have got peace of mind e and hassle-free gaming for 350 bucks like me.

Ps5 digital edition,
Love You Heart GIF by iskra

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
pcmr ?
btw, I don't need diablo 4. I just want to brag :p just sayin :p
Oh I have MANY !!!!
-Hunting for a week for 3080fe with scripts and alarms at 2am, to be able to purchase 3080fe in one and only 2 minutes they were selling them on nvida europe site. Yeah... I did that and succeeded.
-Building new pc just because I wanted to? Sure.
-Getting a DIAMOND MONSTER 3DFX VOODOO for one of my 3 VINTAGE 1995-1997 COMPUTERS ?! Yes. even with the vga-vga cable to connect with s3 virge!!!
-Maybe playing classics like half life or unreal when they released on 3dfx?
-What about playing the shit out of hl2 and doom3 leaked alphas? That was pcmr af.
-Getting first ever 240hz gsync monitor? yeah that was a thing few years ago.
-Finishing half-life 2 good 10 times? yep.
-FINISHING DIABLO 1 IN LAN COOP ?!
-PLAYING RED FACTION 1 IN LAN COOP !!!!!!!!???????
-finishing shadow of the colossus on emulator like 20 years ago on a keyboard ?!
-Or maybe playing midi music on steam controller?... I still have one NEVER OPENED
-Finishing terrible 1.0 ports of dmc3 and re4 on a keyboard. yes.
-3d printing rift s headphone accessory? I am kinda sad I sold rift S actually ;/
-Had oculus dk1 in 2013 when vr barely existed! (why i sold it wtf)

ok ok... these are just few thing that come to my mind. But I will end with this: Replaying Return to castle wolfenstein, hl1, Unreal, max payne and 2 on 180hz crt all in 2 weeks few eayrs ago - back then SOMEHOW connected to 2070 at the time of the picture.
I will never do better than this lol
fkNhDlS.jpg

pOKlOel.jpg

Ok... now that I think about it. There is one better thing. The thin that is so PCMR, that it blew my minds so hard.... I'VE FINISHED SAINTS ROW 4 WITH FRIEND IN COOP PLAYING IN BIGSCREEN CINEMA IN VR IN VR !!!!! We played the game sitting next to each other in the cinema (while living in different cities) just as if it was local coop. You can talk to each other, throw popcorn at each other, see each other screens. That required some tinkering lol... TINKERING IN VR
(PICS TAKEN WITH VIRTUAL SELFIE STICK WHILE PLAYING VR HEADSET IN VR CINEMA IN SAINTS ROW 4 VR WORLD)
L9HlJj1.png

2DSY0mU.png

Rest of the pics to back up my PCMR superiority (current setup, retro computers, 3080, daily pcmr stuff)
Current setup:
AmvdmLQ.jpg

C8zAdeL.jpg

Some of the vintage stuff... sadly in basement now. Been in there for past 2 years :( No room to make retro desk :(
GCbkaeO.jpg

WXGsz4J.jpg

4Eu67Xd.jpg

DWHHgKm.jpg

The (maybe) first 240hz gsync monitor:
IfSupqJ.png

Look. I even have a folder with my PC history
54BA48L.png

Ok. Now I can puke my guts out. So much bragging I feel sick lol.
But I hope that now I will have every right to hate the pc bs !!!!!!!!!!

The CRT is to me why I'm voting for you. CRT's FTW. Not many people understand how great they still are in this OLED age.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Last chances for entry... Thread closing soon.

GL everyone

images

Also pic of my PC;

3KRsf7R.jpeg

Not the best looking but i will be ready to play the shit out of DIV until another part of my PC decides to die in a year, and i have to spend a week and $200 troubleshooting this shit all over again...

5xy5qs.png

Last edited:
  • thisistheway

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
GL everyone

images

Also pic of my PC;

3KRsf7R.jpeg

Not the best looking but i will be ready to play the shit out of DIV until another part of my PC decides to die in a year, and i have to spend a week and $200 troubleshooting this shit all over again...

5xy5qs.png

Man, what do you do with your pc? I've been a pc gamer for 26 years until last month that I bought a PS5 and I never had a component that failed except for a generic psu when I was like 13.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Man, what do you do with your pc? I've been a pc gamer for 26 years until last month that I bought a PS5 and I never had a component that failed except for a generic psu when I was like 13.

I'm just unlucky with PC Gaming for some reason. But in the end it wasnt the PSU that broke, it was my main SSD. But since i never had issues with an SSD before i had no f- idea of what was going on.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't believe you never had a hard drive that failed on you.

I had a Corsair PSU fail on me (I failed to contact them to replace it), Corsair SSD (was not replaced), Corsair RAM stick (replaced), Logitech Mouse (got replaced), multiple GPUs died on me, countless HDDs. All CPUs survived even when subjected to overclock

No console ever died on me or presented any problem. My Master System and Game Boy still work (the GameBoy I sold this year) and even my 360 and PS3 worked flawlessly until I sold them off.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023

I had a Corsair PSU fail on me (I failed to contact them to replace it), Corsair SSD (was not replaced), Corsair RAM stick (replaced), Logitech Mouse (got replaced), multiple GPUs died on me, countless HDDs. All CPUs survived even when subjected to overclock

No console ever died on me or presented any problem. My Master System and Game Boy still work (the GameBoy I sold this year) and even my 360 and PS3 worked flawlessly until I sold them off.

Not a single component has ever died on my except for a generic psu when I was a teenager (and I used the computer like 7 hours per day basically all of my life). I feel like when you guys tell that you have like 4 gpus, 3 cpus, 5 psu, 12 sticks of ram, 4 HHDS, 1 SSD and 50 blue screens of death you are just trying to make consoles look better for some reason, because that just does not happen.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Not a single component has ever died on my except for a generic psu when I was a teenager (and I used the computer like 7 hours per day basically all of my life). I feel like when you guys tell that you have like 4 gpus, 3 cpus, 5 psu, 12 sticks of ram, 4 HHDS, 1 SSD and 50 blue screens of death you are just trying to make consoles look better for some reason, because that just does not happen.
Again, to me it just sound like you are lying. :ROFLMAO:

Blue screen of death are a lot more uncommon now but in the past it was a recurrent problem (I don't even use Windows anymore but I don't think it's common).

GPUs didn't use to have the same build quality they have today and would die rather frequently (I still remember the classic dying signs like crazy artifacts) components like PSU and storage are guaranteed to give up on you. CPU in my experience is the most robust component, if it works once it usually works for a long time unless you fry it. Memory can be problematic, I used a faulty one for years until I detected it (it worked just well enough to pass basic tests but would still create problems).

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023

Blue screen of death are a lot more uncommon now but in the past it was a recurrent problem (I don't even use Windows anymore but I don't think it's common).

GPUs didn't use to have the same build quality they have today and would die rather frequently (I still remember the classic dying signs like crazy artifacts) components like PSU and storage are guaranteed to give up on you. CPU in my experience is the most robust component, if it works once it usually works for a long time unless you fry it. Memory can be problematic, I used a faulty one for years until I detected it (it worked just well enough to pass basic tests but would still create problems).

I'm 26, maybe you are older than me and in your time problems with pc were common. But I have an old pc that my brother still use from when I was younger still running an I5 4690K with ddr3 ram, 1 hhd and 1 ssd and it still works perfectly.

In my country gaming in pc is cheaper (regional prices on games) me and my group of friends have been playing on pc since we were kids and none of them had a component that died. The only moment we replaced something was when we upgraded after a couple of years. Thats why I found so suspicious when someone says they had like 6 components that broke.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm 26, maybe you are older than me and in your time problems with pc were common. But I have an old pc that my brother still use from when I was younger still running an I5 4690K with ddr3 ram, 1 hhd and 1 ssd and it still works perfectly.

In my country gaming in pc is cheaper (regional prices on games) me and my group of friends have been playing on pc since we were kids and none of them had a component that died. The only moment we replaced something was when we upgraded after a couple of years. Thats why I found so suspicious when someone says they had like 6 components that broke.
Something is off here I'm 8 years older than you and I remember the launch of the first Nvidia GPU and here you are saying a 4690K is an old PC lmao. I was in college when I bought my 2500K. The pacing of hardware evolution back in the day was crazy, I use to build a PC every two years since I was kid until around 2008.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Something is off here I'm 8 years older than you and I remember the launch of the first Nvidia GPU and here you are saying a 4690K is an old PC lmao. I was in college when I bought my 2500K. The pacing of hardware evolution back in the day was crazy, I use to build a PC every two years since I was kid until around 2010.

Time is a bitch, right? I still can't belive im closer to 30 than I am to 20.

I guess 8 years is quite a difference when it comes to technology. I guess it can be the difference between you starting with a PS1 and me with a PS2 as a first console

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Time is a bitch, right? I still can't belive im closer to 30 than I am to 20.

I guess 8 years is quite a difference when it comes to technology. I guess it can be the difference between you starting with a PS1 and me with a PS2 as a first console
The PS3 released only 6 years after the PS2, so 8 years can easily be the difference between someone starting with the PS1 as the most recent console and someone starting with the PS3.

The entire time between the PS2 releasing and PS3 releasing is what a studios takes to develope the average AAA game now. We went from the first top down GTA to GTA 3 in 4 years and from that to GTAIV in about 6.

PC back in the day was a lot more focused on it's own games than ports and those game would actually make use of recent hardware.

Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

By my experience it's all a question of how much time you spend and invest on a particular machine.

I spend much, much more time on my PC than i spend playing games on the console. I never had issues with my XONE, PS4, but that's probably because i would only spend 20-50 hours on a game i purchased and then be done with it, then i would leave the console dusting for weeks/months before a new release, whereas i spend every day on my PC working, playing or using the internet, so the chances of experiencing issues on my PC are much higher than i would in a console.

Whomever i spent a shitload of time on the X360 to the point two consoles i had died with the dreaded red lights, basically i played Halo on it every single day but i didnt had issues with my PS3 when i owned it because i played on it with much less frequency.

Last edited: