Persona 3 Reload sold 1,000,000 copies worldwide within its first week, becoming the fastest selling game in ATLUS history

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I know they say it's the fastest but 1 million for this and Yakuza sounds incredibly low and floppy.

You would think these franchises would be bigger. I'm not impressed at all.
I also find the 1 million rather weak. It may be that it is the fastest-selling Atlus game. But it is also the first full-price Persona that comes to the West not years after its Japanese release and appears for almost all platforms. I would have expected at least 2 million, especially because Persona has received a boost since Part 5.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I know they say it's the fastest but 1 million for this and Yakuza sounds incredibly low and floppy.

You would think these franchises would be bigger. I'm not impressed at all.
Not really, for a niche jrpg these are very good numbers, especially for a remake

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I also find the 1 million rather weak. It may be that it is the fastest-selling Atlus game. But it is also the first full-price Persona that comes to the West not years after its Japanese release and appears for almost all platforms. I would have expected at least 2 million, especially because Persona has received a boost since Part 5.

Not really, for a niche jrpg these are very good numbers, especially for a remake
But these games used to be exclusive so they added like 4 platforms for 200-300k in the same time window? That's a lot of work and investment for so little return.

Like Ghost said, I was expecting 2+ millions. Especially since they said FF16 was a monumental flop after selling 3.5 millions in 6 days and SE was leaving money on the table.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Diah

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
But these games used to be exclusive so they added like 4 platforms for 200-300k in the same time window? That's a lot of work and investment for so little return.

Like Ghost said, I was expecting 2+ millions. Especially since they said FF16 was a monumental flop after selling 3.5 millions in 6 days and SE was leaving money on the table.
Persona is really niche lol. But maybe this will expand its popularity. I'm betting persona 6 will get 5+m sales.

• brain

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also I'd hate Atlus since they are with Sega.

Selling a 17 years old games, with audio downgrade and with framerates lower than the original PS2 release for almost full-price. Also somehow mixed the English audio in the JP release of the fucking game.

Now selling a glowed up 17 years old game, again, full next gen price, with DLC and missing contents from the original full completed PS2 release. How low could you be..

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I just checked and Persona 5 didn't release worldwide at the same time. There was over 6 months between the JP launch. Not even Royal launched at the same time.

If you add the JP launch + Worldwide it's 1.5 million first week.

This announcement is total spin to make the sales look bigger. They actually sold 500,000 less than the previous game 🤡

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I just checked and Persona 5 didn't release worldwide at the same time. There was over 6 months between the JP launch. Not even Royal launched at the same time.

This announcement is total spin to make the sales look bigger. They actually sold 500,000 less than the previous game 🤡

because they are a small team prior to being under Sega. West team only have like, 5 personnel.

The localization part now done by SOA, which makes it faster(and addded even more DLC as well). SOA also merge with West

• Informative

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

Doesn't change anything they said....lol

• haha

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

Yeah, I agree that a simultaneous worldwide release probably had more to do with these numbers than any massive untapped audience on the ex-box.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Doesn't change anything they said....lol
Double the platforms and 10x the installbase and they couldn't even double the sales. I wouldn't expect you to understand, infinite clown bot 🤡

Yeah, I agree that a simultaneous worldwide release probably had more to do with these numbers than any massive untapped audience on the ex-box.
The franchise didn't grow as much as they want us to believe. For a niche franchise on 1 platform only, Persona 5 still sold 1.5 million once it was released everywhere. It's going to take another month for Reload to reach that.