Phantasy Star Online 2 and Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis coming to Ps4 in the West on August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh, was just about to post this.... hahaha

Here is a bit of a tweet to go with your post.

Reactions: Umar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Finally. I was a huge fan of PSO on Dreamcast and Gamecube.

Im not really into online games much but will try this and FF14 eventually

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75 and Umar

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Wow, was that exclusivity deal MS signed written in blood? almost 3 years?

How could Sega do this to us, they don't love playstation owners the same? :cry: and to think the media was so biased, MS wasn't even hounded about this deal like Square-Enix has been with FF7R. Playstation fans aren't treated the same! Address my victim complex right now!

:cry: /sarcasm over

...guess it's only ok when MS does timed deals, or better yet, buys up half the industry because they're so inept at creating things themselves. Thank God MS marketshare is so low since the XBONE era fiasco, that they can't do desirable 3rd party deals anymore. Or else we'd have a lot more of these situations on our hands, where MS pays to keep content away from us poor victimized PS owners.

Thanks MS, 'When Everyone Plays We all Win" Right? :poop:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Wow, was that exclusivity deal MS signed written in blood? almost 3 years?
Why did they even sign this? Who was playing Phantasy Star on Xbox in Japan? 5 people max.

Sega is always sleeping with Microsoft, they are not to be trusted. Poor Atlus will end up under Microsoft eventually 😢

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Why did they even sign this? Who was playing Phantasy Star on Xbox in Japan? 5 people max.

Sega is always sleeping with Microsoft, they are not to be trusted. Poor Atlus will end up under Microsoft eventually 😢
i wouldn't worry.

even now Xbox can only sustain late, straight-to-gamepass ports that never get physical copies printed (see yakuza as well).

Sega is just willing to give Xbox scraps, and that alone puts them ahead of most other Japanese devs who just simply don't even bother with Xbox at all. (Nis, Falcom, Koei-Tecmo, M2, etc).

I'll give Gamepass some credit though, it's the sole reason why some the Japanese games are viable on Xbox at all. All Digital, no cost to produce or distribute, and a fat stack paid upfront by MS before even a single copy is sold.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Faithless83

21 Jun 2022
Can't wait to get back to PSO2. Played for a while on the jap servers and on the west release. Lacked the people to play with and the NG just ran poorly on my end. PS5 version it is!!

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They are good games.

But too old for my taste… the time to play them happened two decades ago.

It was very innovative at time.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Umm New Genesis isn’t the older game. I believe it’s the current ongoing relaunched PSO (massive upgrade/new game). I hear it’s good. A bit too weeb for me tho but maybe I’ll check it out.

Reactions: TubzGaming

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Umm New Genesis isn’t the older game. I believe it’s the current ongoing relaunched PSO (massive upgrade/new game). I hear it’s good. A bit too weeb for me tho but maybe I’ll check it out.

The biggest difference is the gameplay “I want to be Genshin Impact… that for me is well a low point… PSO2 has better gameplay imo and that is why PSO2 will live even after New Genesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.