Phil Spenc on COD "We've been on the other side of exclusive skins/timed events, early betas. We won't do that. Also no ABK games on gamepass in 2023.

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Why would they spend so much to buy CoD and not take advantage of the IP to benefit their console?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yes, I'm sure the community and game are his primary focus. :rolleyes: After those emails at the FTC trial and all the lies he's told over the years, it's pretty clear what kind of person he is no matter what kind of "good guy" persona he tries to put forth.
Dude, there are still morons claiming Xbox turns a profit, when they have only done so for two non-consecutive quarters in the mid-2000s.

That came out in the Epic V Apple suit and was not reported at all in the gaming press, BTW.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Just seen this don't know if it will be for playstation aswell & I'm not interested in diablo anyway. But if this free trial is Xbox only then Phil's a massive hypocrite once again 🤣
Screenshot_2023-10-19-16-44-17-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12~2.jpg

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
For those who have not tuned out to what he is saying yet:

Double speak makes speaking useless as a form of communication.

He just means that they broke the existing agreements ABK may have had with Sony.

And MS has been on both sides of this game, they won't do it now because it does not work when you have such a small presence in the market.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Phil Spencer on COD "We've been on the other side of exclusive skins/timed evnts, early betas. I don't think it helps the community or the game." Says no intention on giving Xbox COD players any exclusive benefits​

Yes, a regulator didn't have intention to allow MS do that. So even if MS would want, they won't do it, at least for 10+ years.