Phil Spencer calls Xbox 2022 "a disaster"

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Where's a megaton like GoW, TLOU, Uncharted, etc? Where? Playstation's worst year in a while was also 2023

sjfS7eE.jpeg

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Well, MS is a mess but at least Phil says in this mail he's frustrated. At least he knows something is wrong there.
He's been saying he's frustrated for years and still did nothing about it. Every single interview is him saying :"We need to do better". And nothing happens.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
2023 is not a disaster. Lol Hi-Fi Rush was good, Starfield while it didn’t live up to the hype is a good game, and Forza will be good. Only RedFall was a disaster for Xbox this year.
When have the last good forza motorsport

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anything in business is a team effort, hence the "we." But, leaders should be the ones willing to take the blame when the team fails. If things go well, you give credit to others.

Anything in business is a team effort except when it comes to a) share the wealth, and b) take the fall

When it comes to a), the wealth stays mostly at the top, when it comes to b) the ones losing their jobs from shit corporate decisions are the ones at the bottom.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Anything in business is a team effort except when it comes to a) share the wealth, and b) take the fall

When it comes to a), the wealth stays mostly at the top, when it comes to b) the ones losing their jobs from shit corporate decisions are the ones at the bottom.
This is just not true at big tech companies. Yeah the top guys get paid a lot (typically through RSUs, not cash) but employees get paid a lot too. Do you know how many millionaires have come out of Apple/Google/Microsoft/Amazon/Facebook/Etc, etc? Regular ol' software engineers can make 500k-1m a year at these places. I'm not defending all of the corporate practices, like layoffs-because-it-seems-popular. But the idea that the executives are raking it in while the poor workers get screwed is just not true.

I would highly suggest doing a little research into what pay actually looks like in the tech sector. Tech workers are living really well over here.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is just not true at big tech companies. Yeah the top guys get paid a lot (typically through RSUs, not cash) but employees get paid a lot too. Do you know how many millionaires have come out of Apple/Google/Microsoft/Amazon/Facebook/Etc, etc? Regular ol' software engineers can make 500k-1m a year at these places. I'm not defending all of the corporate practices, like layoffs-because-it-seems-popular. But the idea that the executives are raking it in while the poor workers get screwed is just not true.

I would highly suggest doing a little research into what pay actually looks like in the tech sector. Tech workers are living really well over here.

I know what the pay is in the tech sector, I work in it.

You forget that the US is not the world, and that you getting 250k when the upper echelon make 8 digits or more, most of the wealth still stays at the top.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I know what the pay is in the tech sector, I work in it.

You forget that the US is not the world, and that you getting 250k when the upper echelon make 8 digits or more, most of the wealth still stays at the top.
I am not forgetting the US isn't the world. I'm talking specifically about US tech companies since we are talking about US executives who are paid mostly through stock.

Yes, the upper echelon will get more. There is also a lot more on their shoulders in terms of what they are responsible for. You're complaining about the top brass having many millions and the regular workers having some millions (if they aren't dumb with their money). Everyone is doing awesome, and not everyone contributes the same value to the company so rewards don't end up being the same. And again, most pay is through stock, stock value is related to company performance, company performance is related to the value they provide to customers by and large. And I'm not saying greed isn't out there, it definitely is. But complaining about pay in the tech world ... I dunno about that.

250k is the low end btw. So my point still stands. Not really the point of this thread of course.

Reactions: JAHGamer