Phil Spencer- intent is for all Xbox games, including Call of Duty, to be available on Xbox Game Pass Day 1. Not doing away with physical media & more

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1708471527425.png

Microsoft’s gaming chief Phil Spencer is upbeat about his vast Xbox team’s future. But he also tells Game File he is concerned about stagnation in the business and wary of trying to squeeze too much money out of existing players.

“It sounds cheesy, but I've never been more bullish about where we are,” Spencer told me during an interview last week.

He was talking about Xbox’s gaming business, ahead of an announcement that the company will bring four of its exclusive games to rival consoles and ahead of a tease about its next-gen console.

“We're growing on PC. We're growing on cloud. Our game studios is just an amazing creative organization. We've got great support from the company,” he said."

“We do need to be part of this industry growing. I think that's got to be a real focus.”

Tough times

Spencer’s sunny summation comes amid some dark clouds. In January, Microsoft laid off around 1,900 workers from a gaming group that includes the recently acquired teams at Activision Blizzard King. And it comes while Spencer himself is sounding the alarm about an industry slowdown.

The global video game business is big but barely growing, Spencer noted to me. One measure, from industry research firm Newzoo, estimates that 2023 game industry revenues were up just 0.6% from 2022.

“I don't think we're doing a good enough job finding new players,” Spencer said. “Let's pick consoles as a good example: We found 200 million global households that will play console games. And that number really hasn't changed in the last five, six years.”

“We've raised the price of games,” he added, acknowledging the increasingly common $70 price point following nearly two decades of $60 games. “We went through COVID. We found ways of getting more money per player. I think at some point you reach a peak on that, and, frankly, it can go to some places that are manipulative that I'm not a big fan of.”

The solution, he said, is to “find new customers, and you find new customers through new ways of delivering games to players who can't play those games today, whether that's device, whether that's access, whether that's price point of video games.”

An uptick in cloud gaming

Microsoft (like Nintendo long before it) has been trying to shake up the industry as it searches for new players. In recent years, it has tried to find them by streaming Xbox games over the cloud to phones, smart TVs and tablets, de-emphasizing the console as a must-own device to enjoy console games.

Microsoft also entered the current console generation with two models of its Xbox Series hardware, a fully-featured $500 Series X model and the stripped-down $300 Series S for more budget-conscious shoppers.

Cloud adoption and expansion had been slow, but is finally picking up, Spencer said. Gaming via the cloud now accounts for a double-digit percentage of total hours of Xbox games played, he noted. “There was a time when we weren't deploying more [server] blades because we had more supply than we did demand for the server racks that we had in place,” he said. “That's clearly not true today.”

Last June, Xbox executives testified during a hearing regarding the Microsoft-Activision deal that Xbox cloud gaming had mostly been used by console gamers to try games without downloading them (meaning it wasn’t significantly expanding the market). “Any conversation we have on cloud is very time-dependent because it's growing so fast,” Spencer said.

Xbox cloud gaming growth in the last six months, he said, has been “in markets that are never going to be console markets,” and has been spreading across TVs, Chromebooks and Android tablets.

As for the Series S, Spencer told me in 2020 that he expected it to outsell the more expensive Series X lifetime. He told me last week that he still expects that to be the case.

The cuts

Spencer frames last month’s 1,900 jobs cuts from Microsoft’s gaming teams as a result of a need to keep the company’s Xbox division growing.

“I have a commitment to the company on the Xbox business being a profitable and growing part of Microsoft,” he said. “And I need to put us in the best position for long-term growth. Most of that is about building great products that exceed their expectations and find millions of customers. But honestly, you know, the cost of building the products inclusive of the people who work on them—I need to make sure we have enough of the right people and the right number of people in the right places for us to succeed.”

Microsoft’s gaming business is not shrinking, though its success hasn’t come cheap. The division’s revenue grew 61% in the last three months of 2023, but largely due to the addition of Activision Blizzard, which cost the company more than $69 billion to acquire. Without it, gaming revenue grew 6%—a better rate than the industry overall—but lower growth than other divisions at Microsoft.

Game companies are cutting industry-wide, and cuts following a big acquisition are a given, but the scale of Microsoft’s job eliminations from its gaming teams did catch media, analysts and workers themselves by surprise. They included at least one full game project shutdown at Blizzard.

Why cut so deep? “I'd say it was a combination of us looking across the full portfolio of what was working, which we have to do, and running the business, as well as areas of alignment between Activision, ZeniMax and Xbox,” Spencer said. He also noted that, since the acquisition of the ZeniMax family of studios three years ago, the organization added “about 15,000 people” to its business.

Note: For Spencer’s comments on Xbox’s growing Game Pass subscriber base and the state of gaming exclusives, check out last week’s newsletter. And there’s more below…
Also...

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://substack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/532b5b9c-65d7-4298-b3d7-6a08d9d14835_2440x1292.png

Tough times

Spencer’s sunny summation comes amid some dark clouds. In January, Microsoft laid off around 1,900 workers from a gaming group that includes the recently acquired teams at Activision Blizzard King. And it comes while Spencer himself is sounding the alarm about an industry slowdown.
The global video game business is big but barely growing, Spencer noted to me. One measure, from industry research firm Newzoo, estimates that 2023 game industry revenues were up just 0.6% from 2022.
“I don't think we're doing a good enough job finding new players,” Spencer said. “Let's pick consoles as a good example: We found 200 million global households that will play console games. And that number really hasn't changed in the last five, six years.”
“We've raised the price of games,” he added, acknowledging the increasingly common $70 price point following nearly two decades of $60 games. “We went through COVID. We found ways of getting more money per player. I think at some point you reach a peak on that, and, frankly, it can go to some places that are manipulative that I'm not a big fan of.”
The solution, he said, is to “find new customers, and you find new customers through new ways of delivering games to players who can't play those games today, whether that's device, whether that's access, whether that's price point of video games.”

The cuts

Spencer frames last month’s 1,900 jobs cuts from Microsoft’s gaming teams as a result of a need to keep the company’s Xbox division growing.
“I have a commitment to the company on the Xbox business being a profitable and growing part of Microsoft,” he said. “And I need to put us in the best position for long-term growth. Most of that is about building great products that exceed their expectations and find millions of customers. But honestly, you know, the cost of building the products inclusive of the people who work on them—I need to make sure we have enough of the right people and the right number of people in the right places for us to succeed.”
Microsoft’s gaming business is not

Item 2: Ditching discs is not a must for Xbox fans

Phil Spencer and other Xbox executives emphasized certain core promises to gamers, during their business update podcast last week: the ability of players to buy a game once and own it across Xbox and PC, to have new Xbox consoles still play the games they bought for older Xbox consoles, for save files to transfer across versions and generations, etc.
A topic Microsoft skipped, though, was physical media: discs.
I asked Spencer if Xbox would commit to supporting games on discs. It wasn’t a random query.
Microsoft, like Sony, already offers one variation of its current-gen console that doesn’t have a disc drive and requires games to be downloaded.
But in September Microsoft accidentally leaked a plan for an “all digital,” no disc drive version of its higher-end Xbox Series X console, sparking speculation that it is ready to move on from supporting disc-based games.
Spencer later tweeted that the full sweep of leaked plans, which included that new model, had changed in some unspecified ways.

Image from an accidental Microsoft leak last year that showed a new model of the Xbox Series X that doesn’t have a disc drive. It’s unclear if Microsoft still plans to release the device.
Spencer wouldn’t talk to me last week about that leaked all-digital Series X, but said Microsoft will “follow what the customers are doing.”
“We are supportive of physical media, but we don't have a need to drive that disproportionate to customer demand,” he told me.
“We ship games physically and digitally, and we're really just following what the customers are doing. And I think our job in running Xbox is to deliver on the things that a majority of the customers want. And right now, a majority of our customers are buying games digitally.”
When I pressed if Microsoft would release a console without a disc drive, he pointed out the company had already done that with the Series S. (I walked into that one, folks. Sorry!)
He also hinted at some economic concerns. “Gaming consoles themselves have kind of become the last consumer electronic device that has a drive,” he said. “And this is a real issue, just in terms of the number of manufacturers that are actually building drives and the cost associated with those. And when you think about cogs that we're going to go put in a console—and as you have fewer suppliers and fewer buyers—the cost of the drive does have an impact.
“But I will say our strategy does not hinge on people moving all-digital,” he said. “And getting rid of physical, that's not a strategic thing for us.”
As for the reporting that Microsoft had laid off people on teams involved in making disc versions of games, Spencer said that was more about “alignment of our teams across ZeniMax, Activision and Xbox. So we have teams that are in charge of physical retail, inclusive of selling games in physical outlets. So that's what the team action was. It wasn't about us getting rid of the capability.”

Item 3: Call of Duty Game Pass update

Microsoft has yet to say when Call of Duty will be added to its Game Pass subscription service, but the flagship Activision Blizzard franchise is still coming, Phil Spencer tells me.
“Our intent is the full portfolio of games from ZeniMax, Activision Blizzard and XGS—Xbox Game Studios—will be on Game Pass, day one,” he said. (Day one = when they also go on sale.)
Exactly what that means for CoD is a little fuzzy. Existing Call of Duty games aren’t on Game Pass yet. This year’s CoD hasn’t even been announced. And Microsoft has advised fans that there will be a lag on making this all happen.
Last week, Microsoft said Blizzard’s Diablo IV, launched in June before the Microsoft purchase, will come to Game Pass on March 28.
Spencer said there is development work to be done to get Game Pass launches going for the Activision Blizzard games. “We're doing the back end work to make them come to PC and console simultaneously,” he said.

Item 4: OpenAI comes for gameplay videos​

YouTubers and Twitch streamers beware. Open AI says it made this Minecraft video not by capturing footage but by typing some commands into a video-centric AI
ChatGPT maker OpenAI says that Sora, its new text-to-video AI, was able to create what look like Minecraft gameplay videos based on “captions mentioning ‘Minecraft,’” according to an in-house article on the tech published by the company.
Clips of Sora’s creations went viral last week, though most of what circulated focused on examples in which a few sentences of descriptive text supposedly prompted the AI to create what appeared to be live-action video shorts.
The company also showed two clips of what looked like Minecraft being played from its standard first-person perspective. OpenAI didn’t capture gameplay footage from the game but apparently conjured it into a video. The company said this was an example of Sora “simulating digital worlds” by rendering a game world and then controlling a “player” as it moves through it.
There are many unanswered questions about what tech like this can do and what it’’s pulling from.
Minecraft is owned by Microsoft, which is a major investor in OpenAI. The Xbox/Windows tech giant is all-in on AI, including AI’s intersection with gaming.

Item 5: In brief…​

🕺 A choreographer’s lawsuit against Fortnite maker Epic Games over alleged copyright infringement of dance moves has been dismissed for a final time, Reuters reports.
👀 Two esports players are suing Activision Blizzard for $680 million, alleging the game company has maintained an illegal monopoly over Call of Duty esports, Bloomberg reports. A rep for the publisher said the suit was “meritless” and “disruptive” to those working to make its Call of Duty League successful.
🇫🇷 Nearly 700 Ubisoft employees in France went on strike for a day last week to call for higher wages, Eurogamer reports.
😲 Nintendo’s unannounced successor to the Switch has been delayed to early 2025, at least, per VGC and Bloomberg (sending Nintendo’s stock down 6%).
🎮 Alan Wake 2 has sold 1.3 million copies since its October launch, development studio Remedy announced late last week, calling it the company’s fastest-selling game—and predicting a long tail of sales based on glowing critical response. Earlier this month, Remedy said it expected to post an overall loss for 2023, partially due to the write-down of a canceled game.
🔥 Helldivers 2 continues to be a surprise smash hit on PC and PlayStation, cracking 400,000 peak concurrent players on Steam (currently bigger than 2024’s other surprise stunner, Palworld).
  • Players who couldn’t log in to the game’s overloaded servers were offered enhanced progression as a make-good, but that seems to have only increased demand to play. “Maybe not the best idea,” the game’s creative director, Johan Pilestedt, quipped yesterday.
🏆 Baldur’s Gate III won Game of the Year at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences 27th annual awards, held during the DICE Summit in Las Vegas. Full winner list.

Item 6: Some advice from Koji Kondo​

Koji Kondo honored at the 2024 Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Awards. Photo: AIAS/Kinser Studios
Nintendo’s Koji Kondo has been making music for games for 40 years, including theme songs for Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 and multiple games in The Legend of Zelda franchise. At the DICE Summit last week, he became the first composer inducted into the Academy of Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame.
After he won his award, I asked him: What’s your advice for young video game composers?
“That's a really tough question,” he replied, through a translator. “I don't think that I'm in any position to be able to be giving advice to younger composers.
“That being said, I think it would be to have fun, of course. Listen to all kinds of different types of music and then play that music. I think that's really important: Listen to different types of music. Play that music."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Awesome!!!

Next generation console hardware and their first party games releasing on Game Pass day one is all I wanted and needed so im good to play!! 😂
Also says physical media will stay and other things.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Seeing is believing.
Three Little Pigs Wow GIF by Laff

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022

View attachment 4303

Microsoft’s gaming chief Phil Spencer is upbeat about his vast Xbox team’s future. But he also tells Game File he is concerned about stagnation in the business and wary of trying to squeeze too much money out of existing players.

“It sounds cheesy, but I've never been more bullish about where we are,” Spencer told me during an interview last week.

He was talking about Xbox’s gaming business, ahead of an announcement that the company will bring four of its exclusive games to rival consoles and ahead of a tease about its next-gen console.

“We're growing on PC. We're growing on cloud. Our game studios is just an amazing creative organization. We've got great support from the company,” he said."

“We do need to be part of this industry growing. I think that's got to be a real focus.”

Tough times

An uptick in cloud gaming

Microsoft (like Nintendo long before it) has been trying to shake up the industry as it searches for new players. In recent years, it has tried to find them by streaming Xbox games over the cloud to phones, smart TVs and tablets, de-emphasizing the console as a must-own device to enjoy console games.

Microsoft also entered the current console generation with two models of its Xbox Series hardware, a fully-featured $500 Series X model and the stripped-down $300 Series S for more budget-conscious shoppers.

Cloud adoption and expansion had been slow, but is finally picking up, Spencer said. Gaming via the cloud now accounts for a double-digit percentage of total hours of Xbox games played, he noted. “There was a time when we weren't deploying more [server] blades because we had more supply than we did demand for the server racks that we had in place,” he said. “That's clearly not true today.”

Last June, Xbox executives testified during a hearing regarding the Microsoft-Activision deal that Xbox cloud gaming had mostly been used by console gamers to try games without downloading them (meaning it wasn’t significantly expanding the market). “Any conversation we have on cloud is very time-dependent because it's growing so fast,” Spencer said.

Xbox cloud gaming growth in the last six months, he said, has been “in markets that are never going to be console markets,” and has been spreading across TVs, Chromebooks and Android tablets.

As for the Series S, Spencer told me in 2020 that he expected it to outsell the more expensive Series X lifetime. He told me last week that he still expects that to be the case.

The cuts

Microsoft’s gaming business is not shrinking, though its success hasn’t come cheap. The division’s revenue grew 61% in the last three months of 2023, but largely due to the addition of Activision Blizzard, which cost the company more than $69 billion to acquire. Without it, gaming revenue grew 6%—a better rate than the industry overall—but lower growth than other divisions at Microsoft.

Game companies are cutting industry-wide, and cuts following a big acquisition are a given, but the scale of Microsoft’s job eliminations from its gaming teams did catch media, analysts and workers themselves by surprise. They included at least one full game project shutdown at Blizzard.

Why cut so deep? “I'd say it was a combination of us looking across the full portfolio of what was working, which we have to do, and running the business, as well as areas of alignment between Activision, ZeniMax and Xbox,” Spencer said. He also noted that, since the acquisition of the ZeniMax family of studios three years ago, the organization added “about 15,000 people” to its business.

Note: For Spencer’s comments on Xbox’s growing Game Pass subscriber base and the state of gaming exclusives, check out last week’s newsletter. And there’s more below…
Also...

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://substack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/532b5b9c-65d7-4298-b3d7-6a08d9d14835_2440x1292.png

Tough times

The cuts

Microsoft’s gaming business is not

Item 2: Ditching discs is not a must for Xbox fans

Phil Spencer and other Xbox executives emphasized certain core promises to gamers, during their business update podcast last week: the ability of players to buy a game once and own it across Xbox and PC, to have new Xbox consoles still play the games they bought for older Xbox consoles, for save files to transfer across versions and generations, etc.
A topic Microsoft skipped, though, was physical media: discs.
I asked Spencer if Xbox would commit to supporting games on discs. It wasn’t a random query.
Microsoft, like Sony, already offers one variation of its current-gen console that doesn’t have a disc drive and requires games to be downloaded.
But in September Microsoft accidentally leaked a plan for an “all digital,” no disc drive version of its higher-end Xbox Series X console, sparking speculation that it is ready to move on from supporting disc-based games.
Spencer later tweeted that the full sweep of leaked plans, which included that new model, had changed in some unspecified ways.

Image from an accidental Microsoft leak last year that showed a new model of the Xbox Series X that doesn’t have a disc drive. It’s unclear if Microsoft still plans to release the device.
Spencer wouldn’t talk to me last week about that leaked all-digital Series X, but said Microsoft will “follow what the customers are doing.”
“We are supportive of physical media, but we don't have a need to drive that disproportionate to customer demand,” he told me.
“We ship games physically and digitally, and we're really just following what the customers are doing. And I think our job in running Xbox is to deliver on the things that a majority of the customers want. And right now, a majority of our customers are buying games digitally.”
When I pressed if Microsoft would release a console without a disc drive, he pointed out the company had already done that with the Series S. (I walked into that one, folks. Sorry!)
He also hinted at some economic concerns. “Gaming consoles themselves have kind of become the last consumer electronic device that has a drive,” he said. “And this is a real issue, just in terms of the number of manufacturers that are actually building drives and the cost associated with those. And when you think about cogs that we're going to go put in a console—and as you have fewer suppliers and fewer buyers—the cost of the drive does have an impact.
“But I will say our strategy does not hinge on people moving all-digital,” he said. “And getting rid of physical, that's not a strategic thing for us.”
As for the reporting that Microsoft had laid off people on teams involved in making disc versions of games, Spencer said that was more about “alignment of our teams across ZeniMax, Activision and Xbox. So we have teams that are in charge of physical retail, inclusive of selling games in physical outlets. So that's what the team action was. It wasn't about us getting rid of the capability.”

Item 3: Call of Duty Game Pass update

Microsoft has yet to say when Call of Duty will be added to its Game Pass subscription service, but the flagship Activision Blizzard franchise is still coming, Phil Spencer tells me.
“Our intent is the full portfolio of games from ZeniMax, Activision Blizzard and XGS—Xbox Game Studios—will be on Game Pass, day one,” he said. (Day one = when they also go on sale.)
Exactly what that means for CoD is a little fuzzy. Existing Call of Duty games aren’t on Game Pass yet. This year’s CoD hasn’t even been announced. And Microsoft has advised fans that there will be a lag on making this all happen.
Last week, Microsoft said Blizzard’s Diablo IV, launched in June before the Microsoft purchase, will come to Game Pass on March 28.
Spencer said there is development work to be done to get Game Pass launches going for the Activision Blizzard games. “We're doing the back end work to make them come to PC and console simultaneously,” he said.

Item 4: OpenAI comes for gameplay videos​

YouTubers and Twitch streamers beware. Open AI says it made this Minecraft video not by capturing footage but by typing some commands into a video-centric AI
ChatGPT maker OpenAI says that Sora, its new text-to-video AI, was able to create what look like Minecraft gameplay videos based on “captions mentioning ‘Minecraft,’” according to an in-house article on the tech published by the company.
Clips of Sora’s creations went viral last week, though most of what circulated focused on examples in which a few sentences of descriptive text supposedly prompted the AI to create what appeared to be live-action video shorts.
The company also showed two clips of what looked like Minecraft being played from its standard first-person perspective. OpenAI didn’t capture gameplay footage from the game but apparently conjured it into a video. The company said this was an example of Sora “simulating digital worlds” by rendering a game world and then controlling a “player” as it moves through it.
There are many unanswered questions about what tech like this can do and what it’’s pulling from.
Minecraft is owned by Microsoft, which is a major investor in OpenAI. The Xbox/Windows tech giant is all-in on AI, including AI’s intersection with gaming.

Item 5: In brief…​

🕺 A choreographer’s lawsuit against Fortnite maker Epic Games over alleged copyright infringement of dance moves has been dismissed for a final time, Reuters reports.
👀 Two esports players are suing Activision Blizzard for $680 million, alleging the game company has maintained an illegal monopoly over Call of Duty esports, Bloomberg reports. A rep for the publisher said the suit was “meritless” and “disruptive” to those working to make its Call of Duty League successful.
🇫🇷 Nearly 700 Ubisoft employees in France went on strike for a day last week to call for higher wages, Eurogamer reports.
😲 Nintendo’s unannounced successor to the Switch has been delayed to early 2025, at least, per VGC and Bloomberg (sending Nintendo’s stock down 6%).
🎮 Alan Wake 2 has sold 1.3 million copies since its October launch, development studio Remedy announced late last week, calling it the company’s fastest-selling game—and predicting a long tail of sales based on glowing critical response. Earlier this month, Remedy said it expected to post an overall loss for 2023, partially due to the write-down of a canceled game.
🔥 Helldivers 2 continues to be a surprise smash hit on PC and PlayStation, cracking 400,000 peak concurrent players on Steam (currently bigger than 2024’s other surprise stunner, Palworld).
  • Players who couldn’t log in to the game’s overloaded servers were offered enhanced progression as a make-good, but that seems to have only increased demand to play. “Maybe not the best idea,” the game’s creative director, Johan Pilestedt, quipped yesterday.
🏆 Baldur’s Gate III won Game of the Year at the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences 27th annual awards, held during the DICE Summit in Las Vegas. Full winner list.

Item 6: Some advice from Koji Kondo​

Koji Kondo honored at the 2024 Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences Awards. Photo: AIAS/Kinser Studios
Nintendo’s Koji Kondo has been making music for games for 40 years, including theme songs for Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 64 and multiple games in The Legend of Zelda franchise. At the DICE Summit last week, he became the first composer inducted into the Academy of Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame.
After he won his award, I asked him: What’s your advice for young video game composers?
“That's a really tough question,” he replied, through a translator. “I don't think that I'm in any position to be able to be giving advice to younger composers.
“That being said, I think it would be to have fun, of course. Listen to all kinds of different types of music and then play that music. I think that's really important: Listen to different types of music. Play that music."

“Intent”🙄! If they really wanted to they could just do it. They wasted no time in pretty much dumping the whole zenimax catalogue in gamepass but seem really hesitant to do it with cod.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
“Intent”🙄! If they really wanted to they could just do it. They wasted no time in pretty much dumping the whole zenimax catalogue in gamepass but seem really hesitant to do it with cod.
Of course they are trying to see where sales are headed and make a decision later, not know the eventual catering of COD sales whether on gamepass or not will be their doing.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Also says physical media will stay and other things.

This is great for my third party games that im interested in playing day one or close to it. As long as the next generation Xbox console has an internal disc drive, I will be very happy. 😂

Reactions: Gamernyc78

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Phil has lied so much in the past that I just can't take him seriously any more. He talks - things don't go the way he said they would - he talks again - things don't happen like he said they would, etc. It's an ongoing cycle. I'll just wait and see how things pan out. As well, the use of the word "intent" for games on Game Pass leaves wriggle room for when/if all first-party games do not end up Day 1 on Game Pass.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The new COD will draw in a bunch of users to Game Pass, and that'll offset the cost of Starfield. Then when they release a new new COD, it'll offset the cost of the last new COD. Game Pass will grow by having new users offset the costs of the old 💪!
87cb94da9e5b0dfe1df84e93eae386f1bebe911aed5fe2572ea91ba4fce27641.jpg
Of only it happened that way. Just like Starfeikd I doubt COD will have a big impact on subs although COD is a way bigger IP. I think all this will and is having a negative impact on COD and it's budget.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
The new COD will draw in a bunch of users to Game Pass, and that'll offset the cost of Starfield. Then when they release a new new COD, it'll offset the cost of the last new COD. Game Pass will grow by having new users offset the costs of the old 💪!
87cb94da9e5b0dfe1df84e93eae386f1bebe911aed5fe2572ea91ba4fce27641.jpg

Rofl this is a perfect depiction of what’s coming.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly