Phil Spencer recently visited Koei Techmo

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
Probably looking to see if that dynasty warriors game comes to the xbox. Cause he ain't getting nioh or rise of the ronin

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
More pointless Phil is hard at work pr. After 10 years you'd think he'd have results years ago. He should be hounding 3rd parties for content. Do it, not talk shite.

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sega, Square, now Tecmo.

If PS wants to keep some 3rd party ips exclusive like they always have, they need a different approach.
Microsoft went out a bought a bunch, Tencent too. What does Sony do?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sega, Square, now Tecmo.

If PS wants to keep some 3rd party ips exclusive like they always have, they need a different approach.
Microsoft went out a bought a bunch, Tencent too. What does Sony do?
If Sony wants to kill Microsoft in Japan for once and all, they need to acquire a publisher. Square Enix would be ideal, but I don’t see actually happening with the current leadership of Kiryuu. If they want to strike Microsoft hard then buy Sega and Xbox is done for.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If Sony wants to kill Microsoft in Japan for once and all, they need to acquire a publisher. Square Enix would be ideal, but I don’t see actually happening with the current leadership of Kiryuu. If they want to strike Microsoft hard then buy Sega and Xbox is done for.
I agree, the current leadership is probably sucking off some MS head.

Xbox is dead in Japan, but to strike anyway yes. Sega would of done the job. So would some others. Sega = 2 popular current IP’s in Persona and Yakuza, PC esk games like Total War, along with a bunch of classic ips and Sonic/Movies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Always following Sony partners after they made an exclusive (Rise of the Ronin). He did the same for Sega, Atlus and Square.

he's there to make PS games NOT exclusive to PS.
That's the important distinction. He's just there to make sure Sony doesn't get anything. Wo Long flopped after the Xbox marketing and game pass deal. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
"Please give us games"
spongebob-squarepants-begging.gif

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I could see Phil leaving a shoe store carrying a bag from that same shoe store with a shoe box inside, after seeing him tweet about buying shoes, and I would still leave it up in the air if he actually bought any shoes.

Whatever Phil says and does for the public to see means absolutely nothing.

• brain
Reactions: Landiri
11 Jul 2024
Always following Sony partners after they made an exclusive (Rise of the Ronin). He did the same for Sega, Atlus and Square.

That's the important distinction. He's just there to make sure Sony doesn't get anything. Wo Long flopped after the Xbox marketing and game pass deal. Hopefully they learned their lesson.
Same deal with Kojima. What does Kojima have to do with Xbox..? Absolutely nothing. They just went to him with a bag and said "Please work on something for us, literally fucking anything, we just need your name to be associated with Xbox and not PS"

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Same deal with Kojima. What does Kojima have to do with Xbox..? Absolutely nothing. They just went to him with a bag and said "Please work on something for us, literally fucking anything, we just need your name to be associated with Xbox and not PS"
Yeah that's another one that came out of nowhere after Death Stranding. Random photo ops with Kojima like he did with the Square CEO 🙄

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
everyone here's like "something something Dynasty Warriors something something Nioh" and i'm just like
More Atelier on Xbox soon? Purrhaps Resliarana's upcoming game?

Reactions: KvallyX