Phil Spencer recently visited Koei Techmo

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
everyone here's like "something something Dynasty Warriors something something Nioh" and i'm just like
More Atelier on Xbox soon? Purrhaps Resliarana's upcoming game?

Those games typically perform terribly on Xbox for B2P sales, but would probably be cheaper for Game Pass than a Dynasty Warriors (and they legally can't get Nioh due to SIE holding the publishing rights internationally).

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Putting Games in Gamepass is only killing Sales.

Especially for Asian Games, which are not huge Million Sellers.

True, it conditions more and more people to not buy games or just "get used to" what is already in the service and settle for that content.

I mean, SIE run into some of those problems too but it's not as severe an issue as with Xbox (in part because they don't do Day 1 drops for 1P games or vast majority of 3P aside the rare indie or two). Nintendo have the best implementation of this concept IMO, since the games are super-old NES/SNES/Mega Drive/PC Engine type games.

Only a very small fraction of modern customers would be satisfied/content with only having those games accessible to play, so there's no threat to B2P sales potential of new releases by including them in a subscription service.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
True, it conditions more and more people to not buy games or just "get used to" what is already in the service and settle for that content.

I am not sure. Gamepass got to a point where it's too expensive vs buying a game and playing it at your own pace. I don't think gamepass can be exploited anymore.

To beat a long JRPG like persona you would need 2 or 3 months. That's 60 bucks. No difference vs buying the game even at full price.

I know because I subbed month in and month out to game pass and it only made sense to try smaller games (like gears of war campaigns)see how some games ran on PC or play a big AAA title to purchase it later in another platform (steam)

Reactions: damiank