Phil Spencer says they haven't decided if TESVI will be a console exclusive "We look at it on a case by case"

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's not just the engine, plenty of talented developers can do wonders on old game engines. Not so with Bethesda.

I guess we can see that when modders fix all the bugs and issues in Bethesda games that Bethesda doesn't bother to.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think by the time ES6 comes out Xbox will be window centric and 3rd party.
Unless they just have an agenda to bleed money for that living room prize

Reactions: toadsage44

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Doesn't matter what he saids. The game is like 5 years away. Too premature. Bring on elder scrolls 6! One of most anticipated games ever.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
We already heard about his strategy for exclusivity from his emails - everything is exclusive going forward while he was saying "case by case" to the public. How anyone can take what this chronic liar says at face-value is beyond me.
What Phil wants won't matter much when MS finally makes him walk the plank for driving Xbox further into the ground than it was when he took over.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
What Phil wants won't matter much when MS finally makes him walk the plank for driving Xbox further into the ground than it was when he took over.

It amazes me that he's lasted this long. The only thing I can think of is Game Pass ties into what MS overall is trying to achieve, but it's not working out. The cost has to be astronomical by now and they keep spending on it. The other thing is gaming is big money nowadays so, of course, MS wants a slice - or actually the whole pie there. But XBox has been on a downward trajectory that isn't slowing and, with Phil's leadership, it's difficult to see that changing.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It amazes me that he's lasted this long. The only thing I can think of is Game Pass ties into what MS overall is trying to achieve, but it's not working out. The cost has to be astronomical by now and they keep spending on it. The other thing is gaming is big money nowadays so, of course, MS wants a slice - or actually the whole pie there. But XBox has been on a downward trajectory that isn't slowing and, with Phil's leadership, it's difficult to see that changing.
He has lasted so long for the same reason he got the role to begin with, nobody else wants the job.

He had to beg Satya Nadella to even get this generation of Xbox greenlit, with promises of huge subscription numbers that have SPECTACULARLY failed to materialize. Phil's on borrowed time, and once the CMA puts the bullet in the Activision buyout, that's it for Xbox.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Phil's on borrowed time, and once the CMA puts the bullet in the Activision buyout, that's it for Xbox.
A new deal has been put forward that will more than likely get CMAs approval. MS gave up cloud publishing rights of all Activision/Blizzard games to Ubisoft. Since cloud is CMAs biggest concern, they will more than likely see this divestment as good enough. After all, the CMA did bend over backwards to accommodate MS' last minute approval, based on a new deal no one ever knew about back then. To the point that even the judge got annoyed.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Please, don't spread the development resources still, these first party games need to be up to par. Adding more platforms will only make them even worse.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The game is god knows how many years out and it's already on the marketing spin cycle. You gotta give it to the man and Greenberg's team on that front.

Ambiguity on whether the game is exclusive or not is a press winner.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
A new deal has been put forward that will more than likely get CMAs approval. MS gave up cloud publishing rights of all Activision/Blizzard games to Ubisoft. Since cloud is CMAs biggest concern, they will more than likely see this divestment as good enough. After all, the CMA did bend over backwards to accommodate MS' last minute approval, based on a new deal no one ever knew about back then. To the point that even the judge got annoyed.

I wonder if the other regulatory agencies (who already approved the old deal) will have to approve this one, as well.