Phil Spencer: There are Japanese Exclusives in Development for Xbox

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Square made many like Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean The Last Hope, Last Remnant, Project Sylpheed.

Team Ninja got burned by making Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive exclusives.

All flopped or dead franchises.

They didn't learn their lesson?

Reactions: Box

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Guys, they said "japanese game creators are part of Xbox studios". This more than likely means exclusives from their already owned Japanese studios. He was very specific with that wording.

Reactions: toadsage44
D

Deleted member 223

"A little bit longer"

1c15b4d2e2c490778bdae2724211c79f.jpg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, MS owns Tango and they have the Ghostwire Tokyo and Hifi Rush teams. If MS doesn't shut them down, they should continue making games.

But who will make it?
The Tango developers, like the first one. One executive leaving the studio doesn't affect the ability of the team to develop more games.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I know Sony was heavy handed back in PS2 era, but the way my XB friend goes on about it, I'd be interested in someone doing a comparison piece. Leveraging market share still doesn't seem as bad to me as shit like trying to get US Congress (or whichever political arm it was, I don't get US politics), like MS did this year over so-called Jap Sony exclusives this year.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Lost Oddysey remaster for Xbox/PC first of all. Hell, even for PS and Switch as long as it gets remastered.