Phil Spencer: "You are going to see more of our games on more platforms...benefit to the franchises that we're building"

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
It really does feel like the shareholders at Microsoft have pressured the xbox department hard for the lack of success and have mandated multiplatform support going forward.

Reactions: Dabaus

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
It really does feel like the shareholders at Microsoft have pressured the xbox department hard for the lack of success and have mandated multiplatform support going forward.
Putting CoD on Gamepass is their equivalent of pulling out the nuclear launch codes. If this pivot doesn't work, I'm pretty sure heads will roll and the Xbox branding will not be long for this world.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Definitely. If you followed the FTC trail, you would know that this was never the plan. The plan was to buy out these publishers, dry out Sony out of their 3rd party partners and bolster their IP’s for GP.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Definitely. If you followed the FTC trail, you would know that this was never the plan. The plan was to buy out these publishers, dry out Sony out of their 3rd party partners and bolster their IP’s for GP.
That plan might have worked given that Microsoft has endless money, but this strategy would take a long time -- a few console generations at the least. Shareholders have no patience for that.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Putting CoD on Gamepass is their equivalent of pulling out the nuclear launch codes. If this pivot doesn't work, I'm pretty sure heads will roll and the Xbox branding will not be long for this world.
CoD on Gamepass is not as relevant as people think, all Sony needs to do to negate most of the potential impact on PlayStation is to run a few PS+ discount promotions around the game release, if they were smart they could even do a 20% discount for any $70 game bougth in their store around that time, that would bury Xbox since this is it's last shot at being minimally relevant.

CoD on Gamepass is not appealing on PC where online is free and on Xbox MS makes less money if people go with Gamepass instead of buying the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
lol.png

1611841177-ahiahiahi.png

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The best part of Phil's statement was when he addressed the Xbox fans and told them that their exclusivity is in the form of having the options to buy or rent the games on Game pass. LMAO.
Interesting he used the words "Rent" because i always used that, and heard it used as pejorative towards game pass.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This is hilarious but it's hard to laugh at Xbox about this stuff when Sony is following their exact footsteps.
Multiplatform games isn't what kills Xbox. The last 10 years of flopping is what killed them, while birthing what's probably going to be the worlds most successful publisher.