Plan to move Xbox games to other platforms codenamed "Latitude" internally. Nate the Drake says more coming holiday season..

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
ZJZQSAU.png

Sony damn knew all the time. LOL

MiyazakiLovesKojima

these xbox people like Jez Corden live in a world where they think Xbox consoles still have a chance of selling like PS and Nintendo, no matter how much exclusives they have, it won't change, last year they had -30% drops despite Starfield, Forza Motorsport and Hi-Fi Rush. now this year, Hellblade 2 releases in 1 week and you don't even see Xbox fans talking about it, let alone the casual audience, the entire Xbox brand is undesirable, it's been 10 years of mismanagement of studios and mediocre games, you can't fix that with exclusives anymore, people are not going to buy an Xbox to play them
Don't ever let adamsapple read this post or else he will DIE 😱

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
I know most here will bash me for this but I love Starfield. Granted, it was the first Bethesda Game Studios game I ever truly played but the 200 hours I played, I enjoyed nearly all of it. And with the new update, I can finally increase vendor credits and mass limit plus city maps look great. My biggest complaints have finally been solved. It's only boring if you waste time exploring the planets when there's no incentive to do so. Everything repeats with the same lay out and just isn't work doing. For me, it was the main story/side/faction quests which is by far some of the best I have played in any game since The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. After that, even at 30FPS, the shooting and gunplay mechanics felt great and was fun to play plus the ship combat is something I have wanted in a game for a long time.

Starfield will sell 10m+ on PlayStation 5 guaranteed especially when you factor in that the user install base will probably be at 70m+ by the time it releases.

On topic, it is what it is. At this point, im just hoping their first party games are day one by the time PlayStation 6 launches.

We love what we love, but the structure of the game, the objectively poor writing, the animations, the loadings, the mid tier combat, it’s just failed to hit the mark on so many levels. This doesn’t mean someone can’t have it as their favorite game ever if it ended up fulfilling a big time fantasy.

I’m sure it will sell decent because of the novelty, but 10 million? Across how many years, at what pricing? The hype for the game is completely gone and the word of mouth is terrible.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know most here will bash me for this but I love Starfield. Granted, it was the first Bethesda Game Studios game I ever truly played but the 200 hours I played, I enjoyed nearly all of it. And with the new update, I can finally increase vendor credits and mass limit plus city maps look great. My biggest complaints have finally been solved. It's only boring if you waste time exploring the planets when there's no incentive to do so. Everything repeats with the same lay out and just isn't work doing. For me, it was the main story/side/faction quests which is by far some of the best I have played in any game since The Witcher III: Wild Hunt. After that, even at 30FPS, the shooting and gunplay mechanics felt great and was fun to play plus the ship combat is something I have wanted in a game for a long time.

Starfield will sell 10m+ on PlayStation 5 guaranteed especially when you factor in that the user install base will probably be at 70m+ by the time it releases.

On topic, it is what it is. At this point, im just hoping their first party games are day one by the time PlayStation 6 launches.
It is so many step back compared with Fallout and The Elder Scrolls that I wonder what Bethesda was thinking.
Maybe if Starfield was launched in 2005 but today after Bethesda did several games way better in the past why I should care about Starfield?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wait, it's even worse than Fallout, one of the most boring games ever?
Except for graphics... yeap Starfield is the results of the fall of the Bethesda Sandbox formula.
They had a template for all their WRPG games (they are similar) and which fans loves but Starfield miss a lot of that template that makes people wonder why they gone so many step backs in the formula.

But don't take me wrong... Fallout 4 is already some step backs from the original / loved formula.
For exemple dialogue and choice three affecting the whole game is wonderful in previous Bethesda games... maybe being the peak with Fallout 3 New Vegas... but Fallout 4 have a very simplified dialog / choice tree that looks awful compared with Fallout 3. Starfield gone even worst.

Seems like they are getting worst and worst each new game.
And they always had that champion formula that everybody loved.

I don't know if it is time, budget, scope, etc that today they can't follow they own successful base formula anymore.

And so you find articles like these that you don't find anything to disagree:

I mean how do you use your famous formula and make things worst? Yeap I can only blame Bethesda.

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I am hoping the move means that the Stalker 2 MS timed exclusive gets dropped and we get it earlier for PS5

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I didn't like Starfield, but I can't deny that it sold pretty well (at least on PC) considering that it was on GamePass. I have a feeling Todd Howard probably somewhat resents XBox and Phil for artificially limiting Starfield's sales by not releasing it on PS5 on it's launch year. It severely muted the potential huge splash the game was supposed to make. Bethesda would have been flaunting game sales rather than hollow player counts.

I agree in regards to Howard being annoyed and whatnot especially since Starfield appears to be releasing on PlayStation 5 later this year.

You said that for Sea Of Thieves too, yes

I know I did. And I stand by it. I said 10m before PlayStation 6 releases which in all honesty, isn't out of the realm of possibility. I will say the same for Starfield. If im right, awesome but if im wrong, I'll admit it. Not a big deal whatsoever considering the fact that I was wrong about Microsoft in regards to Xbox this generation so if anything, if im wrong about Sea of Thieves/Starfield, in comparison, it's literally nothing. lol

Now this is just a pipe dream, if there were 10 million players on PS who wanted to play starfield we would have seen a significant rise in gamepass sub numbers or atleast series S sales when it launched. 10 million sales for an aggressively mid game is delusional unless they sell it for 20$ with the expansion but then again I always found Todd a grade A scumbag and all of Bethesda games to be mediocre so I maybe wrong.

I don't think that it's out of the realm of possibility as there's going to be those who have owned a PlayStation 5 and weren't going to buy even a Series S for Starfield which I wouldn't recommend anyway. It's either buy an Xbox Series X, wait for the PlayStation 5 version or go PC. I would never recommend the Xbox Series S. It made sense at launch and 2021 due to Covid and people not wanting to spend the money or having the money but since then, it's just a waste.

We love what we love, but the structure of the game, the objectively poor writing, the animations, the loadings, the mid tier combat, it’s just failed to hit the mark on so many levels. This doesn’t mean someone can’t have it as their favorite game ever if it ended up fulfilling a big time fantasy.

I’m sure it will sell decent because of the novelty, but 10 million? Across how many years, at what pricing? The hype for the game is completely gone and the word of mouth is terrible.

I liked and enjoyed the story/characters/writing. No issues there at all. The game structure in terms of it being too fucking massive I agree with but I only do the story quests, companion quests, side quests and faction quests which are the best aspects of the game. I don't do those kiosk quests because they're all randomly generated like the message board in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I skip those. I know the weaknesses and you can easily get around them by simply avoiding a lot of the filler or non-existent filler depending on how you want to look at it in the game. Combat wise, I love the first person on foot shooting combat as I played it completely as a first person shooter. No stealth and no melee combat for me. Never tried either aspect and never will. Loved the space ship combat. It feels great and is so much fun to play in third person.

Loading times only bothered when im entering buildings or the transit system. But leaving or entering the planet never bothered me because it would take minutes to fly in/out in real time as opposed to a 15 second loading screen. In this regard, I easily accept the loading screen. But the rest when you're for example in New Atlantis should be all seamless with no loading.

My prediction is 10m before PlayStation 6 releases based on if Starfield releases later this year which it probably will. I would be surprised if it doesn't.

It is so many step back compared with Fallout and The Elder Scrolls that I wonder what Bethesda was thinking.
Maybe if Starfield was launched in 2005 but today after Bethesda did several games way better in the past why I should care about Starfield?

I can't look at Starfield like you and others do because I never played any Elder Scrolls game and only played two hours of Fallout 4 and I hated it. Traded it in the same day I bought it at Best Buy. :)

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
But the Bethesda purchase gave them exactly that lol. Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
You’re on a new level of delusional if you think Elder Scrolls and Fallout are associated with Xbox outside of hardcore gamers. Microsoft will be doing OEM consoles in the future, so they don’t have to do the dirty work. Once that is official you will no longer see Xbox exclusive games.

So you have two years minimum to enjoy the false “ecosystem” MS thought it could buy.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
You’re on a new level of delusional if you think Elder Scrolls and Fallout are associated with Xbox outside of hardcore gamers. Microsoft will be doing OEM consoles in the future, so they don’t have to do the dirty work. Once that is official you will no longer see Xbox exclusive games.

So you have two years minimum to enjoy the false “ecosystem” MS thought it could buy.
They're associated with Xbox because Xbox owns those two ips. Not hard to comprehend.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
They're associated with Xbox because Xbox owns those two ips. Not hard to comprehend.
Fallout and Elder Scrolls sell more on Playstation. Meaning those franchises will be a shell of themselves if they ever went exclusive.

There’s no point in having to get this across to you, as it’s obvious that MS is doing the smart thing and maximizing sales of all their titles by heading towards a multiplat strategy. If fanboys like you were in charge, they would be shit out of 80 billion.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That fanboys comment now has a completely different meaning.
Thts why he's a bozo and all tht believed him. It wasn't knowledge he had bcus tht guy knows nothing, it was fanboy wishes. This dude chills in certain discords trying to get info from others and then reports on shit like he's in the know.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

You're most almost guaranteed to end up being wrong on that front.

Recall that, due to one of the FTC leaks, we were made aware that Microsoft estimated that Starfield would sell 10M copies lifetime on PS5. Considering they had delayed the game for polish, these numbers we're probably not too conservative in nature. This would've been if the game released Day 1.
There is very little chance of that happening as a delayed port, especially with the general lack of enthusiasm from gaming in general post-launch.

Congrats on liking a game that much though, it's a special feeling that only comes every couple of years generally.

Thts why he's a bozo and all tht believed him. It wasn't knowledge he had bcus tht guy knows nothing, it was fanboy wishes. This dude chills in certain discords trying to get info from others and then reports on shit like he's in the know.

Enthusiast press/blog/social media folks are generally best kept at arm length in terms of facts.
They lack objectivity and critical thinking when it comes to talking about anything related to their brand of choice(or its competitor(s).

Like, if they have something concrete from someone, it's okay to be like hmmm...
But anything else is like, sure whatever dude.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Recall that, due to one of the FTC leaks, we were made aware that Microsoft estimated that Starfield would sell 10M copies lifetime on PS5. Considering they had delayed the game for polish, these numbers we're probably not too conservative in nature. This would've been if the game released Day 1.
There is very little chance of that happening as a delayed port, especially with the general lack of enthusiasm from gaming in general post-launch.

Congrats on liking a game that much though, it's a special feeling that only comes every couple of years generally.

Enthusiast press/blog/social media folks are generally best kept at arm length in terms of facts.
They lack objectivity and critical thinking when it comes to talking about anything related to their brand of choice(or its competitor(s).

Like, if they have something concrete from someone, it's okay to be like hmmm...
But anything else is like, sure whatever dude.
He said the same or like 20 million for Sea of Thieves I told him he was crazy it's lucky to break 2 million.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
He said the same or like 20 million for Sea of Thieves I told him he was crazy it's lucky to break 2 million.

That's the craziest attach rate ever, better than almost any single Sony first party game.
That's a Michael Pachter-like prediction, haha.

I think the GaaS money revenue from the game is probably going to be good though.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's the craziest attach rate ever, better than almost any single Sony first party game.
That's a Michael Pachter-like prediction, haha.

I think the GaaS money revenue from the game is probably going to be good though.
Yeah and it'll seel a few mil but nowhere near Sony bangers.. Those games aren't tht good or enticing to most in PS ecosystem.

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024

I will probably be wrong but I said it and won't change my prediction.

Thanks. Appreciate that. :)