Players are complaining about visual problems in the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
jogadores-estao-reclamando-de-problemas-visuais-na-demo-de-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-103719.png

According to players, most of these problems occur mainly when the game has been selected to run in performance mode, which offers 60 FPS.

In this mode, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth's resolution drops drastically in order for the game to maintain its frame rate (60 FPS). Many believed that the visual problems were due to the low resolution, but it seems that the problem is more serious than it seems, according to John Linneman of Digital Foundry.

BU6zeON.jpeg

IaHhEk9.jpeg

F5wXcHs.jpeg

5g7Surg.jpeg

h3NCBz3.jpeg

1RJXSLA.png

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Should I play this?

I'm getting the game..so does this spoil the game? Maybe with these problems, I'm better off waiting?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean the first game had some stupid texture issues.

But Im hoping this is an old build for the Demo and Square has fixed it. Because overall it looks beautiful.

Knowing Square it could be unpolished though.... tthey are no Kojima or ND when it comes to being perfecionists anymore.

FF16 was great in combat but outside of combat in the workd, it had some weird screen motion issues/drops in FPS

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Should I play this?

I'm getting the game..so does this spoil the game? Maybe with these problems, I'm better off waiting?
I would wait till the game comes. I know how it plays and Im super happy with the combat

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Also its super sad there is hardly any advertisement for this in Japan.

Last year there was at least some posters and cardboard cut outs for Street Fighter 6 in Namba stores and co.
Zelda ToTK had loads of advertisement in Japan, billboards etc.

Neither Square or Sony have put any effort for this in Japan shops, streets, supermarkets, shopping centres etc.
Well not on Osaka or Kyoto.

Ive been to most the stores these last 25 days, I think I might have seen one.
More Yakuza advertisements

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Last year there was at least some posters and cardboard cut outs for Street Fighter 6 in Namba stores and co.

Neither Square or Sony had put any effort for this in Japan shops, streets, supermarkets, shopping centres etc.

Sony need to get their shit together in Japan, it's not just important for that market but all PlayStation fans appreciate the cultural origins of the brand and how it has defined the identity of PS.

They need to embrace all of that.

More advertising, more fan service, more events in Japan, more sales and more studios there too. Xbox isnt the competition there, Nintendo is & PC.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony need to get their shit together in Japan, it's not just important for that market but all PlayStation fans appreciate the cultural origins of the brand and how it has defined the identity of PS.

They need to embrace all of that.

More advertising, more fan service, more events in Japan, more sales and more studios there too. Xbox isnt the competition there, Nintendo is & PC.
And they won’t get many opportunities like FF7 as a game. Outside of Nintendo games. FF7, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter are the biggest hitters.

They should be going all out, they wont get a chance like this again. Advertise this and PS Portal at the same time.

And definitely more events, more fan service, more studios and 100% PC is competition.
If a platform takes sales/potential sales away (1st and 3rd party ) from Playstation, its competition. People act like money into Steam/Valve doesn’t effect Playstation. They both sell video games lol

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Damn bro...that look rough:ROFLMAO:

But im sure the final product will look much better than this ( without having to sacrifice fps)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
well it did seem that in certain scenes the lighting is fucked up on cloud's face and it's weirdly low-poly(even in the trailers). but we had texture streaming issues in the first game that eventually got fixed; not sure why it popped up again now.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
I played the demo first on quality mode and only noticed a few out-of-the-way things being kinda muddy, but that's after I closely scrutinized things. When playing normally, without trying to examine every detail, nothing stood out. I saw a software engineer on the FF7R subreddit mention that if this is a post-processing issue, it could be an easy fix, because the game is on UE4, which has a post-processing preset that's probably causing this and just needs a quick change. Hopefully that's the case.

Otherwise, I'm not too beat up about some blurry textures. It's really weird seeing people act like this is some irredeemable dealbreaker.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sounds like fake concern. The screenshots were taken right before the textures load or something. It didn't look like that while I played. I was actually amazed at the graphics.

Fuck DS for spreading BS.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Should I play this?

Kinda too early to tell but if you have the time I'd really recommend you try the demo out I did and minus the few frames issues everything else looked really well detailed even better than the previous game monsters and combat included. Also people have to remember this is a demo so it may be different from final release.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The embargo lifts 1 week before the release, we'll know how close to the launch build this demo soon enough when reviews drop.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Had no problems in quality mode but noticed the weird blur on performance mode, I hope they fix it because the blur is clearly not coming from the resolution the game is being rendered at.

Sounds like fake concern. The screenshots were taken right before the textures load or something. It didn't look like that while I played. I was actually amazed at the graphics.

Fuck DS for spreading BS.
It's not fake concern, the blur in performance mode is real and really easy to notice, I talked about it here before Digital Foundry had said anything.

The blur is far worse than the low res in combat from FFXVI performance mode and is clearly not intended.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Neither Square or Sony have put any effort for this in Japan shops, streets, supermarkets, shopping centres etc.

It's gonna do better than FF 16 in Japan however