Players are complaining about visual problems in the Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Kinda too early to tell but if you have the time I'd really recommend you try the demo out I did and minus the few frames issues everything else looked really well detailed even better than the previous game monsters and combat included. Also people have to remember this is a demo so it may be different from final release.

What mode did you use?

Reactions: reziel

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I have this pre-purchased from the PlayStation Store but if the blur is still there in the final shipping game I'm actually going to get a refund and wait for the PC version. I'll endure the stutter struggle.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Tried demo. Unplayable in performance. Almost had headache from blur and whatnot.

They better fix this. Give us at least 40fps.

Im also playing remake curently and rebirth looks better but performance needs work.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I have this pre-purchased from the PlayStation Store but if the blur is still there in the final shipping game I'm actually going to get a refund and wait for the PC version. I'll endure the stutter struggle.
Uh hate to tell you this bud but if you purchase through the digital front they will not refund you your money unless there is something really wrong with the game. Plus the blur doesn't fall into that category of unplayable. The only way that will happen is if a large mass of players all complain about it and since the other mode has none of those issues you're out of luck.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What is funny is that performance seems to be great, they just went out of their way to ruin the experience. This is the problem with multiple modes, they all end up half-baked.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
What is funny is that performance seems to be great, they just went out of their way to ruin the experience. This is the problem with multiple modes, they all end up half-baked.

For a game like this I don’t know why the only two options aren’t 30fps or unlocked VRR.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
For a game like this I don’t know why the only two options aren’t 30fps or unlocked VRR.
30fps, nah. The game is close to locked 60fps at 1440p already, all they needed was to not fuck it up by making it blurry.

30fps in 2024 should be prohibited.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
30fps, nah. The game is close to locked 60fps at 1440p already, all they needed was to not fuck it up by making it blurry.

30fps in 2024 should be prohibited.

Yeah that’s why you would have a VRR unlocked >40fps mode. I can’t imagine somebody being anal about 30 fps being bad yet having a tv/monitor that doesn’t have VRR.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yeah that’s why you would have a VRR unlocked >40fps mode. I can’t imagine somebody being anal about 30 fps being bad yet having a tv/monitor that doesn’t have VRR.
Anyone that has a regular 60hz TV. A proper locked 60fps game would not benefit much if at all from VRR. Any person that has a background playing on PC for example would find 30fps unacceptable even 10 years ago.

It's great that most PS5 games are now 60fps and it should stay that way. 1440p at 60fps will always be better than 4K at 30fps on any scenario and it's a much better target.

With FFVII Rebirth the performance is clearly there, they just happened to botch something that made it blurry despite the good resolution.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Uh hate to tell you this bud but if you purchase through the digital front they will not refund you your money unless there is something really wrong with the game. Plus the blur doesn't fall into that category of unplayable. The only way that will happen is if a large mass of players all complain about it and since the other mode has none of those issues you're out of luck.
I've managed to get refunds on a couple other occasions for technical issues with games. If it's still this bad I may give it a shot.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Anyone that has a regular 60hz TV. A proper locked 60fps game would not benefit much if at all from VRR. Any person that has a background playing on PC for example would find 30fps unacceptable even 10 years ago.

It's great that most PS5 games are now 60fps and it should stay that way. 1440p at 60fps will always be better than 4K at 30fps on any scenario and it's a much better target.

With FFVII Rebirth the performance is clearly there, they just happened to botch something that made it blurry despite the good resolution.

But I don’t want devs limited to 60fps. Been years since TVs with low input latency and VRR. Let the PS5 pro handle 60fps, devs should start squeezing PS5 and the unlocked mode should be standardized.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
But I don’t want devs limited to 60fps. Been years since TVs with low input latency and VRR. Let the PS5 pro handle 60fps, devs should start squeezing PS5 and the unlocked mode should be standardized.
I disagree completely, the standard experience should be as good as possible and 60fps is going to me it.

It's a lot easier to scale resolution and quality setting than frame rate when it comes to pro version as well. The PS5 Pro CPU is unlikely to be drastically better.

40 fps mode is a good middle ground but since most people won't have 120hz TVs it's better for 60fps to be the standard.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just realized you could shorten the title of this thread, calling it “players are complaining,” and it would accurately describe the hobby in general.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: reziel

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Took both pics in-game (no photo mode), Intergrade first, Demo second. Both quality mode.

18dbd884a0f29-screenshot-Url.jpg

18dbd88686b3-screenshot-Url.jpg