Playing Ghost of Tsushima DC (PS4) on a PS5?

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Hi,

Back in June i snagged Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut PS4 version physical for about 30 bucks

I have a PS5 and didnt have a PS4 when this game came out but heard amazing things

Thinking about giving this a legit playthrough soon but have noticed this Directors Cut also has a PS5 version

Does PS5 do what Series X does and just run the most optimal version for my console? Should i seek out the PS5 version and sell my current copy on ebay or something?

Cheers

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Does PS5 do what Series X does and just run the most optimal version for my console?
No, Sony charges $10 for next gen "upgrades" that almost every other company does for free....

Should i seek out the PS5 version and sell my current copy on ebay or something?
Maybe, with the PS4 copy you get the DLC and still get 60fps on PS5, but you don't get anything else. I just bought the $20 DLC and not the $10 upgrade because paying for DualSense features and better lip sync wasn't worth it to me. If it's worth it to you then yes

It's also on PS Plus Extra

• thinking_hard
Reactions: teezzy
OP
OP
teezzy

teezzy

6 Sep 2022
No, Sony charges $10 for next gen "upgrades" that almost every other company does for free....

Maybe, with the PS4 copy you get the DLC and still get 60fps on PS5, but you don't get anything else. I just bought the $20 DLC and not the $10 upgrade because paying for DualSense features and better lip sync wasn't worth it to me. If it's worth it to you then yes

It's also on PS Plus Extra

Wait so for $10... i can upgrade even if i have the ps4 disc only?

I guess thats less than ideal but not terrible

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What company gives you story dlc for free?
When did I say the story dlc is free? Stop being obtuse, is the story dlc $10? NO, so that’s obviously not what I’m talking about 🤦‍♂️ In the same week that the GoT “directors cut” came out, FF7 Remake released the imIntergrade DLC, it was $20 and the PS5 upgrade was free, Doom Eternal also had a free ps5 upgrade that was even more substancial, it had 120fps and raytracing, Metro Exodus as well. Those are just examples that happened at the same time, there’s countless more. These “directors cuts” are bs paid upgrades that Sony is charging for just because they can.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Congrats, playing yourself. PS5 director's cut comes with IKI island dlc and extra improvements.

There's some confusion here.

If you didn't own directors cut, it cost 30 quid to go from regular PS4 to directors cut PS5. If you have directors cut on the PS4, the ps5 upgrade costs 10 quid.

• brain
Reactions: teezzy

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
From what ive read online it gets rid of load times, which alone sounds worth it

Any other benefits?
No, the free upgrade already improves load times and gives 60fps. The $10 is literally just for dualsense features and improved lip sync.

For you, it might be worth it since you're playing the game in its entirety, I bought it day 1 on PS4 and was just wanting to play the 10~ hour dlc story so I didn't need those.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs