PlayStation 4 Emulator shadPS4 Is Now Capable Of Running Bloodborne on PC at 1 FPS

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The Playstation 4 emulator shadPS4 has made excellent strides in the past few weeks and is now capable of running, albeit in a very limited fashion, one of the best Playstation 4 exclusives ever made.

A new video shared today on YouTube by GeorgeMoralis shows the 0.1.1 version of the emulator running Bloodborne. While the game isn't playable yet, the fact that the emulator can boot it up and even get to the character screen bodes extremely well for the future. If Sony is never going to port the game to PC officially, emulation may, once again, save the day and allow PC players to finally venture to the hauntingly beautiful city of Yarnham.

Source

• haha
  • noneofmybizz
Reactions: Umar and 2spooky5me

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
If this does get up and running on PC before SIE does a port, they can kiss that sales market for a Bloodborne PC version goodbye. And knowing these people, they'll add improvements for fidelity and mod support, too.

Even a remake (which doesn't even need to happen; an actual sequel would always be preferable) will have a hard time against that.

Reactions: Evil Aloy

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
If this does get up and running on PC before SIE does a port, they can kiss that sales market for a Bloodborne PC version goodbye. And knowing these people, they'll add improvements for fidelity and mod support, too.

Even a remake (which doesn't even need to happen; an actual sequel would always be preferable) will have a hard time against that.

You’re fine with Sony porting single player games to PC now?

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony leads the race by 29fps right now but will they be able to keep this lead for long?

Sony advantage here is that there are so few PS4 only games that there will be very limited interest for a PS4 emulator.

You’re fine with Sony porting single player games to PC now?

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

Or maybe they could've just patched the game many years ago to run at 60fps.

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is really cool start! Its fun to see emulators grow and improve because you can directly see their improvements in the games they can play. This has a long way to go, but its nice to know it can launch Bloodborne. May it one day be able to play it from beginning to end at a decent framerate without glitches. Until then, well, I've got my PS5.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is exactly how games should end up on PC, not with ports. And it’s why PC portbegging was always disingenuous drivel from pricks that just wanted to see Sony fail. Sadly they got their wish.

And I said this a few days ago, Sony should be ashamed of themselves.
We're gonna get PS4 emulation on PC before Sony gets PS3 emulation working on console 😂😂 What a disgrace

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Sony just needs to do a Nintendo: send these thieves mail from your lawyers. This junk will be sooner shut down as you could count to 3.
Btw Yuzu is dead.
yuzu isn’t dead, there’s countless ways to download it and it still works fine. It just can’t be updated anymore, but it doesn’t need any after several years of improvements.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Emulation is not theft
I don't even mean that in the way people talk about piracy I mean emulation does not require nor necessitate piracy and can be done entirely legally using your own legally purchased games.

Saying this as someone that used to put my PS2 games in my PC's disc drive to play through PCSX2

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Emulation is not theft
I don't even mean that in the way people talk about piracy I mean emulation does not require nor necessitate piracy and can be done entirely legally using your own legally purchased games.
We both know the majority (97%) will not buy physical games and backup them onto their PC. The games will be pirated over Torrents.
yuzu isn’t dead, there’s countless ways to download it and it still works fine. It just can’t be updated anymore, but it doesn’t need any after several years of improvements.
Because Nintendo did ignore this matter for too long. Sony just needs to do the opposite, kill the root before it can grow.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Emulation is not theft

Saying this as someone that used to put my PS2 games in my PC's disc drive to play through PCSX2

You are an exception.

Let’s be honest here.

Reactions: ethomaz

Englishy

6 Jun 2024
Emulation is not theft

You're an anomaly like me then.

Most 'emulators' are pirates. I'm not going to talk shit about them because when I was a teen, I absolutely looked into torrents and 'acquiring' my stuff the same way as they did; illegally. Once I had the income to comfortably afford getting games, I just bought them. But I absolutely 100% would have gone down the torrenting path if I never 'made it.'

Emulating content that doesn't have an easy way to play it, today, is perfectly fine for me. It's absolutely theft, but I personally do not give a fuck. Steal away. In fact, I kinda feel like a sucker for buying the game on PS4 VS waiting for it on a torrent.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Waste of effort.
PS4 is like 50$ used. Bloodborne is like 5$.
And original will be better than any emulation probably forever

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Sound good to me. It should’t be on PC anyway.