PlayStation 4 Emulator shadPS4 Is Now Capable Of Running Bloodborne on PC at 1 FPS

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Defenders of Emulation when you can buy the game on current hardware are people who love piracy. Emulation of old consoles/computers makes sense. If you can't buy it from the official sellers, then i totally understand it.

I'm okay with emulation of PT but not Bloodborne. There is a difference.

Reactions: Diah

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Emulation is great. It should and could make bc easier as well.

Unsanctioned emulation and piracy not so much. It’s mostly used for theft.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Defenders of Emulation when you can buy the game on current hardware are people who love piracy. Emulation of old consoles/computers makes sense. If you can't buy it from the official sellers, then i totally understand it.

I'm okay with emulation of PT but not Bloodborne. There is a difference.
I hate piracy but emulation is objectively good. Yes, a lot of people use it to play games for free, but it's essential to preservation, you gotta take the good with the bad. And it's unreasonable to expect people to wait for PS4 to be completely obsolete before working on the technology. Time waits for no one.

If Sony/Nintendo don't want their stuff emulated so quickly, they should stop using OEM PC parts that make emulation developers jobs easier.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evilms

xor

29 Sep 2022
Sorry for being a party pooper, but just to set realistic expectations: You'll notice that this video only shows some 2D menus. Other PS4 emulators can already run entire 2D indie games at full speed, and have been able to do so for a while. A massive amount of work is required to go from 2D/menu support to actually playing a 3D AAA game.

It'll happen, but it's a long way off.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This game is amazing but the port crowd has glazed it to FF7R/TLG levels. i only see this ending it disappointment tbh.

Reactions: Johnic

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
DAT 1fps.
Powerpoint probably can run slides faster lol

Emulation is not theft
I don't even mean that in the way people talk about piracy I mean emulation does not require nor necessitate piracy and can be done entirely legally using your own legally purchased games.

Saying this as someone that used to put my PS2 games in my PC's disc drive to play through PCSX2
Emulation is indeed not thelf.
The way people uses Emulation can be... and to be fair most PC gamers uses Emulation to play games without pay for it.

That makes the whole point why Emulator developers doesn't add checkins to only allow to run games you have the original copy or it? Because emulators developers wants piracy... they want (and even help) people that uses emulation to dump roms that they don't own.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They says the game is running at 1fps but the compatibility list of the emulator updated 5 days ago shows it as crashing at launch (it doesn't even start to run the game).

Or it is something fixed in the last few days or something is off here.

Edit - Ohhh it is a twitter from the dev in the new build he was working 3 days ago and fixed the Bloodborne crashing issue... it is not released yet... the last dev version of the emulation crashes whatever you choose to run Bloodborne (not even the Sony splash screen shows).

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
This is exactly how games should end up on PC, not with ports. And it’s why PC portbegging was always disingenuous drivel from pricks that just wanted to see Sony fail. Sadly they got their wish.

And I said this a few days ago, Sony should be ashamed of themselves.
Trans town WTF???

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sony leads the race by 29fps right now but will they be able to keep this lead for long?

Sony advantage here is that there are so few PS4 only games that there will be very limited interest for a PS4 emulator.

Or maybe they could've just patched the game many years ago to run at 60fps.
Or have nixxes a port studio to remaster/remake the game. Better yet instead of having Bluepoint who is making a new AAA ip that will take 5-7 years they could’ve been split into 2 team & had a remaster/remake team to still remaster/remake some games from PS4/PS3.

Bloodborne remake for PS5
inFAMOUS 1&2 remake for the PS5
SOCOM Confrontation remake for the PS5

Nah instead we having PS porting games to direct competitors loosing games diminishing the PS storefront & platform aswell as key studios remaking unnecessary remake/remadter. Crazy how will likely get a Horizon Zero Dawn remake smh

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Yeah, but that doesn’t matter. It’s the right way regardless. Game still ends up on PC, the console isn’t devalued, and 1st party time and resources aren’t wasted. The perfect balance
The console isn’t the only thing devalued. There’s bloodborne players who are PS gamers & PC gamers in the case of PC gamers playing bloodborne they have to buy a PS console likely a PS5 to play it the best at lock 30fps w no hitches (unless BB was already lock 30fps on PS4) but those PC gamers that play Bloodborne on PS are also likely paying for a PS+ subscription to play w friends which itself is $80 per year.

If bloodborne goes to PC or was on PC those PC gamers would no longer pay $80 per year to play w friends on bloodborne & actually if bloodborne was on PC likely some PS gamers might say hey let me check PC & then never comeback or invest less in the PS console in the long term also loosing PS gamers who pay PS+ aswell as DLC, MTX & other 3rd party games on PS just because PS open there horizon to check on PC.

Same happen w Xbox gamers. They said they don’t like PC they continue to be console gamer but when they realize they can get a better experience at much cheaper price then the console many of them jump ship. Your already seeing some rn Xbox fans say how they’re looking to jump to PC full because of the next Xbox console has steam might aswell fully invest in a PC & the Steam ecosystem which includes Steamdeck a hardware that competes w PS & Nintendo. (That hardware is also getting PS games & PS live service is already day n date so there’s not much fomo for PS console or its games)

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Or have nixxes a port studio to remaster/remake the game. Better yet instead of having Bluepoint who is making a new AAA ip that will take 5-7 years they could’ve been split into 2 team & had a remaster/remake team to still remaster/remake some games from PS4/PS3.

Bloodborne remake for PS5
inFAMOUS 1&2 remake for the PS5
SOCOM Confrontation remake for the PS5

Nah instead we having PS porting games to direct competitors loosing games diminishing the PS storefront & platform aswell as key studios remaking unnecessary remake/remadter. Crazy how will likely get a Horizon Zero Dawn remake smh
Bloodborne remake never made any sense, Bloodborne remaster is what we they should've made already. A remake would mean unnecessary spending and for a title like Bloodborne it would end up being rejected by a good chunk of the people interested in it anyway. It would look great as it is with a resolution bump and double the framerate.

Clearly it's asking too much of Sony for them to do the most obvious thing even 10 years later.

Reactions: Neversummer

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Clearly it's asking too much of Sony for them to do the most obvious thing even 10 years later.
I think they are clearly saving something with that IP, the silence makes it obvious. I think a sequel is in the works, and that PC gamers will likely get BB2 (1-2 years after ps5) before they even get BB1.

everything surrounding that IP is so weird IMO. I knew it was gonna go down as a cult hit back in 2015, but i never imagined this much noise about it nearly 10 years later.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think they are clearly saving something with that IP, the silence makes it obvious. I think a sequel is in the works, and that PC gamers will likely get BB2 (1-2 years after ps5) before they even get BB1.

everything surrounding that IP is so weird IMO. I knew it was gonna go down as a cult hit back in 2015, but i never imagined this much noise about it nearly 10 years later.
A sequel without From Software would be one of the worst moves possible by Sony.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
A sequel without From Software would be one of the worst moves possible by Sony.
I didn't suggest that? Sony bought $150,000,000 worth of FROM stakes. A sequel is definitely happening.

This is the same company that made Sekiro, AC6, and ER in tandem lol, I think theirs plenty of space within that company for a BB2.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar