PlayStation 5 has had the Biggest Q1 for ANY console in HISTORY shipping 6.3 Million Units! 38.5 Million shipped worldwide

One eyed jacks

10 Feb 2023
giphy.gif

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why is Bloomberg paying this guy to constantly lie and attack Sony? How is that allowed from a big media. Sony should sue.
Bloomberg is a mouthpiece owned by an American billionaire. Him and Bill Gates are part of the billionaire charity social circle, it isn't hard to see why he'd have an interest in keeping foreign companies at bay.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'll give Bloomberg a click later, but the outlook for FY24 is that Sony is expecting the highest year ever for PS console sales, and they've just beaten their own hardware estimates for the last quarter, which were revised upwards, and were the highest in history for any manufacturer, so the article better be good.

And by give them a click, I mean copy and paste the URL into archive.fo and circumvent their paywall. Fuck Takahashi

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
While I hate that Bloomberg shill with a passion, I am curious why Playstation's profit is the only thing that seems to be down. Though based on another comment it seems last year's Q4 is when a lot of heavy hitters hit vs not much for this year so far besides Hogwarts.

Elden Ring, HFW, GoWR

Top 5 Q4 in terms of Operating Income(Profit):
PlayStation Q4 FY21
PlayStation Q4 FY18
PlayStation Q4 FY19
PlayStation Q4 FY22
PlayStation Q4 FY20

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

I wonder how many people will be jumping on board the PS5 train now and especially after the ABK deal died. Even though the deal being blocked changes nothing for xbox gamers, the negative PR will make it look like a dead console.

YMMV. Back in England, all of the younger kids I know (Friends' children etc) have all swapped from xbox to ps5. there were some stragglers after the ps4, but the xss and xsx has been completely abandoned by the fortnite kiddies.

Congrats to Sony, Cerny, Jimbo and the full team. They all deserve and have earned this success.