PlayStation Announces Hermen Hulst And Hideaki Nishino As Its New CEO's!

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Isn't hulst the guy who wanted multiplayer and gaas games? It seems since he got promoted, Playstations output has tanked.

Let's see what this nu-new vision is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Come on bro at point you trying to purposefully antagonize people on this forum by putting in a couple of pc ports and remaster on the list
I didn't antagonize anybody, I simply shown some facts that prove you were lying.

I listed some of their recent releases, which -even if you don't like them- also include ports and remasters. Which are projects that require work from them and that many players like and buy.

Add there Spider-Man 2 if you prefer it, or key 3rd party exclusives they paid and also have to consider in their marketing and releases roadmap, like FFVII Rebirth or Granblue Fantasy Relink to name a couple of them.

Isn't hulst the guy who wanted multiplayer and gaas games?
No, most GaaS and MP games were already under development when he became head of PS Studios. Most of the games we know he greenlighted are non-GaaS SP. He also cancelled several GaaS.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Where are the AAA blockbusters? Where is the price drop? Where is the PC support?
There are many of them: Horizon CoM, Gran Turismo 7, Resident Evil Village, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Metro Exodus, etc. Way more than in PSVR1 or the other devices, specially regarding exclusives.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
I'm only popping in to wish all the Hulst haters a happy random Tuesday.

🥳🥳🥳

EpHQxVTXUAMG7pY

It's only hardware he struggles with, software he's fine with.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm only popping in to wish all the Hulst haters a happy random Tuesday.

🥳🥳🥳

EpHQxVTXUAMG7pY

It's only hardware he struggles with, software he's fine with.
>upside down ps5

absolutely disgusting

on-topic:

Regardless of how I feel about how Hermen has done as head of WWS, I'm at least thankful that there are two actual creators in charge of Playstation instead of some corporate business executive bean-counter.

I'm skeptical of Hermen's love of multiplat, but I'm willing to see how things play out.

Last edited:
Reactions: arvfab and Luffy123

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
He already released a ton of games as head of PS Studios. This week PS Studios will release their 7th rrelease of 2024:
  • TLOU2 Remastered
  • Helldivers 2
  • MLB
  • HFW PC
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Stellar Blade
  • GoT PC

TLOU2 Remastered - Yes
Helldivers 2 - No
MLB - This Desperate?
HFW PC - Port, pathetic
Rise of the Ronin - No
Stellar Blade - Shuhei Yoshida
GoT PC - Port, pathetic

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
TLOU2 Remastered - Yes
Helldivers 2 - No
MLB - This Desperate?
HFW PC - Port, pathetic
Rise of the Ronin - No
Stellar Blade - Shuhei Yoshida
GoT PC - Port, pathetic
Wtf are you talking about? All of them are PS Studios releases they pblished this year under the Hermen leadership. They are still released games even if you don't like them.

Yoshida found Stellar Blade when scouting indies, and arranged them to sign with Sony. Yoshida doesn't work anymore in 1st party games, he leads the PlayStation (3rd party) Indies, which is under the 3rd party relations SIE division.

Other than that, it's PS Studio's XDEV Japan (previously known as the 2nd party publishing team of Japan Studio), so Hermen, is who funded them, supported them, produced them, marketed and published the game.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Wtf are you talking about? All of them are PS Studios releases they pblished this year under the Hermen leadership. They are still released games even if you don't like them.

Yoshida found Stellar Blade when scouting indies, and arranged them to sign with Sony. Yoshida doesn't work anymore in 1st party games, he leads the PlayStation (3rd party) Indies, which is under the 3rd party relations SIE division.

Other than that, it's PS Studio's XDEV Japan (previously known as the 2nd party publishing team of Japan Studio), so Hermen, is who funded them, supported them, produced them, marketed and published the game.

Dude you are listing PC ports and remakes/remasters.

Really scraping at the botton of barrel

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If you watched the last showcase and still think Hermen is a good leader, then you’re part of the problem.
I hated him a lot more before that Kojima new game release, finally some good news. If it was just the PC port thing I'd be fine with whatever but that combined with how bad the output of internal games has been under him... it just reminds me too much of Phil Spencer (bad strategy + bad execution).

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
@anonpuffs

That's actually Hulst's PS5. He later cropped the photo to not show the PS5.

Don't know anything about the Japanese guy but Hulst always struck me as PS' own Spencer, just without all the PR. That's to say, not very good at his job. I mean, when PS is your job and you put your PS5 upside down and post it on Twitter, not sure what to think about a leader like that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@anonpuffs

That's actually Hulst's PS5. He later cropped the photo to not show the PS5.

Don't know anything about the Japanese guy but Hulst always struck me as PS' own Spencer, just without all the PR. That's to say, not very good at his job. I mean, when PS is your job and you put your PS5 upside down and post it on Twitter, not sure what to think about a leader like that.
Iirc jim ryan also had his ps5 upside down