PlayStation Announces Its Lineup For ChinaJoy 2024:

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
PlayStation-ChinaJoy-2024-Lineup-Ann_07-15-24.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced its lineup for ChinaJoy 2024, which will run from July 26 to 29 at Shanghai New International Expo Center in Shanghai, China.
The company’s full lineup of playable titles is as follows:
Koei Tecmo also announced that Dynasty Warriors: Origins producer Tomohiko Sho will appear during the Sony Interactive Entertainment booth official live stream to introduce the game with actual gameplay footage. You will be able to watch it on Bilibili.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Interesting lineup, very tailored for the Chinese market pushing local games, PC stuff and more family friendly stuff.

In case of Horizon it's a bit surprising to me -but understandable- to see them pushing there HFW instead of Lego Horizon, to market the more recent PC release of the big game than the upcoming (pretty likely still not approved for China) new title.

I also wonder how they localized the satire of Helldivers 2 for the Chinese market.

It's also interesting that they didn't include there games with more woke stuff like Concord, Spider-Man 2 or TLOU2. I think whoever made the list knows well the preferences of that market.

Something I didn't expect to see at all there was Immortals Fenyx Rising. I assume it got the approval for the Chinese market super late and this is why they are showing it there. It is also surprising to me to don't see there ZZZ or Stellar Blade. Maybe these companies have their own booths in the event?

Last edited:
26 Nov 2023
I assume by WuWa you mean Wuthering Waves. I made a search and saw it was released on PC (Epic Store) and mobile May 22, 2024.

Yeah sorry, people refer to it as WuWa for short. It’s the hot new gacha this year. It’s kind of the first real Genshin Impact competitor in the single-player open world gacha space. It’s also doing really well. I played it on my Ally for the bit but held off waiting for the PS5 release. Quite excited for the official console release.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah sorry, people refer to it as WuWa for short. It’s the hot new gacha this year. It’s kind of the first real Genshin Impact competitor in the single-player open world gacha space. It’s also doing really well. I played it on my Ally for the bit but held off waiting for the PS5 release. Quite excited for the official console release.
Ok thanks, I get it now. I had no idea about this game.

peewee78368

3 Feb 2024
Sony lockign down all the Gacha games Wuwa gonna be huge on ps5 to... Sony made Billions working with Impact they gonna make billions more from WUWA. Crazy thing is xbox turned down Geshin and that in turned destroyed any of the others going to xbox since the platform all but dead over there

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Daba, Awaken Astral Blade, Exiledge are ones I am interested in and hope they get an extended look.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
SEGA/Atlus, Iffys/Compile Heart, Aksys Games & NIS America... none of those guys showing up is very odd.
I think Capcom not showing up with any Monster Hunter (even the World/Iceborne ones) is missed opportunity, too

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
locking down all the gacha is definitely a great move by Sony to expand into the asian market. A PS5 is cheaper than a comparable PC and cheaper than a top end mobile phone which is required to run some of the newer gachas, I can see these games like wuwa and ZZZ being system sellers in China and SE Asia.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
locking down all the gacha is definitely a great move by Sony to expand into the asian market. A PS5 is cheaper than a comparable PC and cheaper than a top end mobile phone which is required to run some of the newer gachas, I can see these games like wuwa and ZZZ being system sellers in China and SE Asia.
This is a good point, never thought about it.

Many millions of people from China or the rest of Asia many know these very popular Asian F2P mobile or PC games, but a powerful enough PC or mobile to play them with good performance may be too expensive for them.

PS5 could offer that for a cheaper price than a good enough gaming PC/phone/tablet.

SEGA/Atlus, Iffys/Compile Heart, Aksys Games & NIS America... none of those guys showing up is very odd.
I think Capcom not showing up with any Monster Hunter (even the World/Iceborne ones) is missed opportunity, too
I assume they may have their own booth.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Hmm so wuthering waves is coming to Playstation I might have to give it a shot then.