PlayStation are expecting a decrease in 1st party title sales for this next year (FY2023). They assured investors that Spider-Man 2 is coming this fin

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Could be smaller titles like helldivers and stellar blade are not expected to sell as much as a god of war and more meant to be in the returnal to ratchet and clank side of things

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I mean, last year they had GT7, Horizon Forbidden West, MLB, TLOUP1(+ TLOU2 tv show bump), the big Destiny 2 upsate, PSVR and specially GoW Ragnarok.

That meant a 41% increase yoy, because was a unique year with many megatons, some of them delayed from FY2021.

Obviously FY2023 is going to be lower than that, they can't release that number of supersellers, including the best performing ever, every year. Things will go back to normality.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Lets hope we get at least a F2P Factions and not just Spider-man 2.
I think Factions will be full priced like CoD, GT7 or TLOU, but I think won't be released this fiscal year. I think the big exclusives will be FFXVI, Spiderman 2, FFVII Rebirth and in smaller scale Helldivers 2 (if real), Horizon DLC, Stellar Blade, Silent Hill 2 remake and others like Granblue Relink.

Also, was a year when many got a new console, so wanted a fresh exclusive to start it.

FY2023 will be a good year but this time more focused on 3rd party. To release a new GOW, GT and Horizon+PSVR2 is something almost impossible to match in 1st party alone.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Don't like them expecting less first party sales. Sounds like a slower year for releases then ...