PlayStation has increased the price of the original Horizon: Zero Dawn from $14.99/$19.99 to $34.99/$39.99

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
I don't understand why this is a problem again. The game is over 7 years old and the Complete Edition was given away to anyone with a PSN account. Even those who didn't have a PS+ could add the game to their library almost 3 years ago.

It was already leaked last year that a remaster was coming and after the official announcement, anyone could have bought it for the old price. What's the problem now? Everyone who wanted it already has the game anyway, and the upgrade is intended for them. Everyone else will of course have to pay more or wait until it's reduced again. But I'm sure that some people won't buy it then, like in previous years.

I don't know if Sony is greedier than other companies now. I was recently able to buy FH5 for 20 euros, even though I bought all the DLC back then. Unfortunately, MS only gives a free FH5 to DLC buyers who were Game Pass users at the time of the announcement, which I wasn't. My own stupidity, and soon I won't buy any DLC for games that I use in GP and will wait until it is delisted/reduced.

If you don't have a copy of HZD yet, it's your own fault. You could have guessed with Uncharted, Ghost of Tsushima or most recently with LoU 2 that Sony would offer an upgrade and adjust the old versions again. And I'm sure that in the future, probably as soon as Days Gone Remaster is announced and it costs $10 for owners, we'll have a few idiots reporting about it and getting upset when Sony adjusts prices.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yes, some discounts/price cuts are temporal. Sometimes companies decide that is better to go back to a more expensive pricing.

Last edited: