PlayStation is introducing user reviews on the PS Store

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
It’ll eventually turn into Steam review dunking when people get pissed.
The problem with Steam reviews is that I could buy a game, then utterly shit review it and provided I play less than 2 hours, I get a refund and a free shot at being a cunt to developers.

I can't see Sony doing refunds like Steam. There is difficultly unfortunately when you're sold a shit glitch ridden game, never-ending a blanket under 2 hour refund.

Reactions: lynux3

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
They should be doing concurrent player counts like Steam

It's proven to be huge for driving word of mouth
this makes no sense whatsoever. counts adds nothing to word of mouth, actual people with their dialog adds to it through twitter and places.

more than anything concurrent player numbers would be used as console warring and other negative shit, how people can say this? you don't observe anything in your life?

PS games and other games on steam are always made fun of, always doomed and gloomed, that happening with xbox games, pc games and PS games all the time.
Man, even here, 99/100 times those numbers are used here to bash games.

Reactions: Danja

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
this makes no sense whatsoever. counts adds nothing to word of mouth, actual people with their dialog adds to it through twitter and places.

more than anything concurrent player numbers would be used as console warring and other negative shit, how people can say this? you don't observe anything in your life?

PS games and other games on steam are always made fun of, always doomed and gloomed, that happening with xbox games, pc games and PS games all the time.
Man, even here, 99/100 times those numbers are used here to bash games.
It would prove that PS has more concurrent players than Steam, which they will do for any major AAA titles.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It would prove that PS has more concurrent players than Steam, which they will do for any major AAA titles.
and? yes, it biggest platform, people would forget about that in 5 min and would proceeds bash 100ds of games by this metric. it is never ending nightmare.
we already saw it tens of times, all the time with steam.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
It looks like PlayStation is introducing user reviews on the PS Store.

In a thread entitled "When did PlayStation start allowing written reviews?", an eagle-eyed PS5 owner noted on the PlayStation subreddit that the company was inviting user reviews for a select number of games.

Whilst fans have long been able to rate games from zero to five stars out of five, this is the first time players have been invited to leave a written review.

when-did-playstation-start-allowing-written-reviews-seems-v0-sr0plhy4ahhd1.png

Source

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
If we can do it through the PS app that is awesome. But it's going to take some time until people finally realize they can do it.

OP
OP
YeezyDude

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
If we can do it through the PS app that is awesome. But it's going to take some time until people finally realize they can do it.
That should be possible yeah. But dunno if it'll be day 1 though... But that shouldn't take a long time after it launches on the web version of the PlayStation Store and the PS5 version of it. The wait shouldn't be more than 1 month. Anyway I hope more features are on the way too like gifting a game/season pass/add-on as well... Plus more as there's other ways to improve the PlayStation Store and make it more useful etc.!

• Shake
Reactions: Summer Nightmares