PlayStation is laying off around 900 people across the world [Discussion]

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So you got nothing except your version of the "truth". "Take it or leave it". That's ok, I think that should be clear enough. Can't fix stupid. To think you're proud of displaying your mental problem is sad, then again lacking self awareness is part of it.

Let it be on record you refused to back your empty talk.
Cry some more racist. ☠️

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Matter of time? Jim Ryan became PS CEO 5 years ago. So, plenty of time to go 3rd party and not a single indication for that in the future. But Xbots are thinking that PS going 3rd party like Xbox. You know, "Sony too". Are you Xbot?

jim-ryan-laughing.gif

Decisions on that kind take years to come into fruition. There's an entire logistical standpoint, you cant just decide that stuff on a whim.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Matter of time? Jim Ryan became PS CEO 5 years ago. So, plenty of time to go 3rd party and not a single indication for that in the future. But Xbots are thinking that PS going 3rd party like Xbox. You know, "Sony too". Are you Xbot?

jim-ryan-laughing.gif
They now release all their games on PC, including day one releases, they are third party already and that was not the case 5 years ago.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I was invoked to this by a deranged kid. There is a difference. I'm not a "turn the other cheek" faithful. The patience displayed is more than enough.

Reactions: Vertigo

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony is part of an industry that is in total deep shit or probably the whole economy is in deep shit. Some other industries are starting to face same shit.

Reactions: PlacidusaX

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Shawn Delivered games unlike Jim.

Jim Ryand delivered games too. Helldivers 2 was for the vast majority of development under him and Hulst. Same as Spidey, GT7, Ragnarok etc....

Mind you that what Shawn Layden said :

Layden said he's more willing to delay games to ensure they meet an ever higher quality bar.

We're always exploring opportunities. If we found a partner or a team or a game that we felt was particularly meaningful and interesting in a service area, we will look to bring that in. We're always open to that kind of experience.

I think we've done a lot over the last three or four years to get us to a place right now where we're building fewer games per year than ever before, but we're spending more time, more energy, certainly more money, on making them.

He understood the importance of community and keeping an open dialog instead of being a dictator. PlayStation worldwide Studios was in good hands with Him and Shu running it.

So, same as Phil Spencer. Like i've said, pretending that he is one of us. Glad that kind of exec walked away.
I don't care how Shawn dressed he was doing the whole T-shirts thing long before Spencer

He didn't. Spencer did that before Shawn, yes. Shawn tried to copy Spencer as false gamer. Fuck yeah, Merica style!!
Praising Jim over him is hilarious though.
Jim did its job as exec ( as exec should). PS was never so much profitable till Jim stepped in. Also, Shawn Layden didn't faced Covid, Bethesda/ABK buyout, MS infinite warchest. MS threw huge amount of money into gaming and Xbox bend the knee to PlayStation under Ryan, not under Shawn. Who ever imagined before that Xbox would go 3rd party with that kind of money. Well here we are.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony is part of an industry that is in total deep shit or probably the whole economy is in deep shit. Some other industries are starting to face same shit.
Such deep shit... profitable, console sales as good as ever without a price cut, games selling better than ever, PS+ with nearly 50m subscribers, $70 games, micro transaction money, most games being sold digitally, games being sold on PC... what a tough position to be in.

Give me a break.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
And they still found ways to ruin it.

Ruined what? You literally LIKED this post above which shows that PS has never been better like it is now. WTF??

Such deep shit... profitable, console sales as good as ever without a price cut, games selling better than ever, PS+ with nearly 50m subscribers, $70 games, micro transaction money, most games being sold digitally, games being sold on PC... what a tough position to be in.

Give me a break.

RizKxLC.jpeg

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Give me a break.
With deep shit, I refer to the mind set of suits on top. If Sony has suits on top and MS has suits who are laying off people, the Sony suits will lay off people 🙄 because Sony suits want to make as much money as MS suits. The virus keeps spreading and the egg and chicken loop is infinite.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Ruined what? You literally LIKED this post above which shows that PS has never been better like it is now. WTF??

RizKxLC.jpeg
Are you unable to understand that it takes years for games to be developed and for these decisions to actually have an effect? PS5 success was decided long before Jim Ryan was made CEO. We'll see the damage when it comes to the PS6 and PlayStation's future.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
With deep shit, I refer to the mind set of suits on top. If Sony has suits on top and MS has suits who are laying off people, the Sony suits will lay off people

Dev balloon got bigger during Covid. Of course balloon was overloaded for quite some time and and it was matter of time when it will blow up. And, yes, it is fucking sad. But there is one thing, Sony kept their mouth shut about job security and how everything will be better for gamers, unlike MS, who said that ABK acquisition os good for union, workers, job security and what not.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Are you unable to understand that it takes years for game to be developed and for decisions to actually have an effect? PS5 success was decided long before Jim Ryan was made CEO. We'll see the damage when it comes to the PS6 and PlayStation's future.

PS5 success decided before launch. LOL. What a damn illogical take.

Jim Ryan became CEO of PS in Feb. 2019. So, year and 9 months before PS5 launch, before PS5 was revealed, before PS5 specs, before launch lineup etc. AND NO ONE KNOWS back then will PS5 be successful or not. PS5 success wasn't decided before launch, LOL. That's totally illogical to think.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Jim Ryan became CEO of PS5 in Feb. 2019. So, year and 9 months before PS5 launch, before PS5 was revealed. AND NO ONE KNOWS back then will PS5 be successful or not. PS5 success wasn't decided before launch, LOL.
Yes it was, you are completely ignorant if you think otherwise. PS4 success is what made the PS5 sell as well as it did and development of PS5 launch titles and PS5 hardware had started long before that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer