Playstation makes history with 8 billion in earnings.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Record earnings in gaming, yet it is only around 10% of what Microsoft is trying to buy Activision for. Anyone who doesn't understand why regulators would block that buyout after seeing that little bit of math is willfully blind or paid off.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Record earnings in gaming, yet it is only around 10% of what Microsoft is trying to buy Activision for. Anyone who doesn't understand why regulators would block that buyout after seeing that little bit of math is willfully blind or paid off.
It’s also revenue, not profit, so the numbers are even worse for the acquisition really. No game company is buying ABK on “game money.”

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Not seen you in yonks, where have you been?
And this is why I'm out again.

This place is nothing but PS fans who can't help but bring up Xbox in every other comment.

It's incredibly boring shit.
Im Out GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, Jimbo and Hermen keep breaking many records. And if they keep the production volume high this year will break even more.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, Jimbo and Hermen keep breaking many records. And if they keep the production volume high this year will break even more.

I’m curious if Bungie revenue is already included. The deal is final and we’re already in the Sony era of Bungie. Which to me means all consumer money has been funneling thru to sony.

Do we have breakdowns? Always been curious to see what they actually make with this game yearly. Paul Tassi had some rumored numbers but I can’t find the comment since it was a YouTube vid. It was just said that Destiny makes what the entirety of Bethesda does year to year.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I’m curious if Bungie revenue is already included. The deal is final and we’re already in the Sony era of Bungie. Which to me means all consumer money has been funneling thru to sony.

Do we have breakdowns? Always been curious to see what they actually make with this game yearly. Paul Tassi had some rumored numbers but I can’t find the comment since it was a YouTube vid. It was just said that Destiny makes what the entirety of Bethesda does year to year.
Not sure if included. The deal already has been completed, Bungie is now part of Sony, but I don't know if Sony includes the revenue, profit etc of the acquired companies in the next quarter after they acquired the company or if in the next fiscal year.

I didn't go to check in detail to see if they specified their numbers, but normally they don't do it: Bungie is now another SIE subsidiary more, just like Naughty Dog or Nixxes, or the regional SIE subsidiary offices. So their numbers should be merged with the rest once the acquisiton has been completed.

In some rare cases (I think MS did it with Zenimax) when they are integrating an acquired company they make a breakdown, but I don't think it is the case of Sony.