PSN account required for Ghost of Tushima Legends on PC (only mp). |UP| on Steam will be unavailable in countries without PSN.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Update 5/9

Ghosts of Tsushima will be no longer available in countries without PSN, even if you just want to play singleplayer.

The news was sent by Green Man Gaming. Players who purchased on Steam key resellers will be refunded

Just so you are aware, A PSN account is required for Legends online multiplayer mode and to use PlayStation overlay. It is not required to play the singleplayer game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I mean they said it about Helldivers 2 last year too…
They didn't enforce it right away, though. This'll be day one.

I wonder how this affects PS games on PC going forward. Not like they sold there but this might bring those sales down even more.

Reactions: Yuniac

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
GoodThey didn't enforce it right away, though. This'll be day one.

I wonder how this affects PS games on PC going forward. Not like they sold there but this might bring those sales down even more.

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Maybe Sony will realise their foray into the PC market is a waste of time.

Focus on your loyal console fanbase.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I have been saying this for the past hour, it's no use, man.

You are right, but at least people would know beforehand and could make a fair decision whether to buy the game or not.

Reactions: xollowsob

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I have been saying this for the past hour, it's no use, man.

You are right, but at least people would know beforehand and could make a fair decision whether to buy the game or not.

Same difference.

Crazy how petty some PC gamers are.

Won’t buy a game cause they need to create an account.

Honestly you can’t make it up.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Same difference.

Crazy how petty some PC gamers are.

Won’t buy a game cause they need to create an account.

Honestly you can’t make it up.

One game does not let you play online without an account and another game lets you do whatever you want for months on end then stops you.

Yeah, that's the same thing, clearly.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
One game does not let you play online without an account and another game lets you do whatever you want for months on end then stops you.

Yeah, that's the same thing, clearly.

You don’t even own the game so give it a rest with your fake outrage.

The mandatory PSN account comes into effect on June 4th.

PC gamers have a month to create an account which takes 10 minutes of their time.

PC gamers have it so hard. Why do they bother giving Sony their money.😏

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This game would've done great on PC with Denuvo, without it it will be just another PlayStation game that will sell a couple of millions at most and will be pirated to death.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
This game would've done great on PC with Denuvo, without it it will be just another PlayStation game that will sell a couple of millions at most and will be pirated to death.
It won't do great, even with Denuvo, it'd be lucky to crack 1m in the first year and wont even sell 3m life time. And half of them will be PS owners double dipping. There's no real market on PC for these types of games. Even the ones that pirate it rarely end up finishing the game, they just do it because they can

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It won't do great, even with Denuvo, it'd be lucky to crack 1m in the first year and wont even sell 3m life time. And half of them will be PS owners double dipping. There's no real market on PC for these types of games.

Sony should dump PC and focus on mobile.

It’s a bigger market than PC and doesn’t compete nor will it affect their console business.

Also will help Sony get some market share in Japan since they don’t have a handheld.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Unless the same that happened with Helldivers 2 happens here and they had to disable at launch…

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Sony should dump PC and focus on mobile.

It’s a bigger market than PC and doesn’t compete nor will it affect their console business.

Also will help Sony get some market share in Japan since they don’t have a handheld.
I don't think Sony should waste time with mobile games either. Successful mobile games are the complete opposite of successful PlayStation games, it's not worth compromising your vision just to make a few extra bucks. 100% focus should be on the console and VR. Things like PC, cloud, and mobile sound good in theory, but are just a pipe dream, there's no such thing as infinite growth.

The mobile games big in Japan are gacha junk, I'd rather not see Sony go down that road.